netflix

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
1year23

netflix

Post by 1year23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:23 pm

I will be going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. Does anyone know if my Netflix streaming subscription will work there?

BeneIRA

Re: netflix

Post by BeneIRA » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm

1year23 wrote:I will be going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. Does anyone know if my Netflix streaming subscription will work there?
This article says it works. http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/06/media/n ... countries/

DSInvestor

Post by DSInvestor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:29 pm

1year23 wrote:I will be going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. Does anyone know if my Netflix streaming subscription will work there?
Netflix now supports downloading of content on to your devices so it will work even if you do not have internet access - great for flights.

When you're in other countries, you will see different content than that seen in the US even though you have a US netflix subscription.

Netflix page - Where is Netflix available: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14164
Wiki

pqwerty

Post by pqwerty » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:34 pm

I was just in queretaro a couple weeks ago. Netflix worked fine ... assuming you have decent WiFi.

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:10 pm

You're going all the way to Cabo...and you're going to watch TV. :(

Toons

Post by Toons » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 pm

F150HD wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

DSInvestor

Post by DSInvestor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 pm

F150HD wrote:
With Netflix's download feature, he can watch TV on the way there.
Wiki

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:14 pm

DSInvestor wrote:
F150HD wrote:
With Netflix's download feature, he can watch TV on the way there.
:oops:

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 pm

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (Netflix).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:49 pm

1year23 wrote:
I will be going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. Does anyone know if my Netflix streaming subscription will work there?
This article says it works. http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/06/media/n ... countries/

As far as I see, it only says you can subscribe there. It doesn't say a US subscriber can watch while there.

While traveling to the UK for work and trying to unwind with a show at the end of the day, the Netflix player told me US subscribers are not allowed to watch in the UK. :annoyed

pqwerty says his experience was different in Mexico, though.
Last edited by iamlucky13 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DSInvestor

Post by DSInvestor » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:13 am

Netflix page - Traveling or Relocating With Netflix:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24853? ... onClick&q=
netflix wrote:If you’re traveling and want to watch Netflix on the go, all you need is a stable Internet connection for your supported device. If we notice you're using Netflix outside of the country where you originally started your account, we will notify you directly in the app of any differences you might experience while in that location.

Selection of movies TV shows: Your choices for streaming (including audio/subtitle options) will vary from country to country.
Access to features: My List, star ratings and reviews may not be available.
Different maturity ratings: Your parental control settings may need adjusting.
This notification happens only on the website and most mobile/tablet devices.

If you have downloaded titles to your phone or tablet, you may not be able to play them while in a different country.
Wiki

obafgkm

Post by obafgkm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:38 am

Not all of Netflix's content is downloadable, however. It looks to me as if it depends on a contract with the studio and also how old the content is.

For example, looking at Netflix's original programming, "Longmire" and "A Series of Unfortunate Events" is downloadable, while "Luke Cage" and "Iron Fist" are not.

Being able to download is a boon, however.