Spin scrubbers

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Dead Man Walking

Spin scrubbers

Post by Dead Man Walking » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Due to several medical problems, I'm considering buying one of the battery powered spin scrubbers that I have seen advertised on TV. I have seen spin scrubbers by Hurricane and Clorox advertised. Has anyone purchased and used a spin scrubber? Please tell me your experience with these gadgets.

DMW

bhtomj

Re: Spin scrubbers

Post by bhtomj » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 pm

I have not used one but my in-laws love the one they received as a Christmas gift. It makes reaching and scrubbing easier for them. They are almost 78 years young.
Not sure what brand they have.

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:02 pm

The one I have is from Rubbermaid. It doesn't take up anything unless it could also have been removed by hand-scrubbing, but it's an okay substitute for hand-scrubbing. The vibrations can get a bit annoying if used for too long, at least for me.

I purchased mine to try to get off scale deposits left by the previous owner of the house and it pretty much failed at that, so I was a bit disappointed. Now, I primarily use it to clean the tracks for the shower door and around the base of plumbing fixtures, i.e. places where it's hard for a sponge to reach but the tapered head of the spin scrubber can get to it.

drawpoker

Post by drawpoker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Dead Man Walking wrote:.............. considering buying one of the battery powered spin scrubbers that I have seen advertised on TV. I have seen spin scrubbers by Hurricane and Clorox advertised......

DMW

Whenever anyone speaks of products advertised on TV am not sure what exactly they are referring to.

Over the years I have bought many products advertised on QVC, HSN, ShopNBC (not sure if last one is still in existence) because I have had excellent service whenever there has been a problem and I needed an exchange or refund. So I trust them as honest merchants who can be trusted to honor their promises.

But, as far as the gadgets that are their own sole advertisements, not part of one of the shopping networks, who give a phone number screaming Operators are standing by! Or a website to order from, I am very leery. Even though some of them are very tempting and would fill a need for me, I still hesitate.

How can you tell which are legitimate? And which ones are fly-by-nights, who have disappeared when you try and get a refund from a P.O. Box in some distant city?

Dead Man Walking

Post by Dead Man Walking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:09 pm

drawpoker wrote:
Dead Man Walking wrote:.............. considering buying one of the battery powered spin scrubbers that I have seen advertised on TV. I have seen spin scrubbers by Hurricane and Clorox advertised......

DMW

Whenever anyone speaks of products advertised on TV am not sure what exactly they are referring to.

Over the years I have bought many products advertised on QVC, HSN, ShopNBC (not sure if last one is still in existence) because I have had excellent service whenever there has been a problem and I needed an exchange or refund. So I trust them as honest merchants who can be trusted to honor their promises.

But, as far as the gadgets that are their own sole advertisements, not part of one of the shopping networks, who give a phone number screaming Operators are standing by! Or a website to order from, I am very leery. Even though some of them are very tempting and would fill a need for me, I still hesitate.

How can you tell which are legitimate? And which ones are fly-by-nights, who have disappeared when you try and get a refund from a P.O. Box in some distant city?

Your doubts about legitimacy are the reason for this post. I have never purchased anything from QVC or HSN. I'll have to check them out.

DMW