Audi Q7 Reliability

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
corn18

Audi Q7 Reliability

Post by corn18 »

I was thinking of surprising my wife with a new car. She has a 2011 Acura MDX that has been flawless, but I can tell she is getting the new car itch. We looked at SUV's a while back and she liked the Lexus RX350 and the Audi Q7, but she said she thought it was stupid to spend $70k on a Q7 (the RX350 is ONLY $55k). Well, that's where I come in. I'm stupid. I will get her the Q7.

Only concern I have is the maintenance cost of an Audi and reliability. I have no experience with Audi. The MDX was not expensive to maintain. It has had no issues. I would get her another MDX, but I can tell she would like something different. I drive an Acura TLX and it is also flawless so far.

Any feedback from the BH nation?

Thanks, Corn
Don't do something, just stand there!
LarryAllen

Re: Audi Q7 Reliability

Post by LarryAllen »

Super reliable... as far as German cars go. Lol.

I think you know the answer really depends on what you are looking for.

Go Acura, Lexus, etc... for the highest chance of reliability.

Go Audi, BMW, etc... for decent reliability and maybe some great feeling you get driving it that makes it worth the added reliability risk.

I am doing the same song and dance with sporty sedans... BMW M3 or Lexus/Infiniti/etc.........
slowbutsteady

Post by slowbutsteady »

5th year and about 60k on our Q7. Overall, reliable.

Only issue we had was ac/cooling fans went weak about 45k and was covered by warantee. All other items are standard/well known. Eg engine oil needs topping about once between service, and those large break pads needs replacement every 25 -30k. And yes, services are more expensive than Japanese SUVs (we had a Honda Pilot prior to the Audi).

Audi will be in my consideration set when I go car shopping in the future.
The tortoise wins every time I read that story.
Jd1006

Post by Jd1006 »

I don't know how you pick a q7 over the Volvo xc90
kjvmartin

Post by kjvmartin »

corn18 wrote:but she said she thought it was stupid to spend $70k on a Q7
I would agree, when the top of the line model is listed at $65,000 on the Audi website.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q7

kjvm
inbox788

Post by inbox788 »

Jd1006 wrote:I don't know how you pick a q7 over the Volvo xc90
They're all terrific cars. Depends on your priorities and preferences. If you like the styling of the RX350 and prefer reliability, that's a good choice, but if you want conservative/boring styling and 3rd row, go with one of the others. If you don't mind giving up reliability, the Volvo is a great choice with likely the best infotainment system, while the Lexus sucks.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-review ... pril-2016/
Topic Author
corn18

Post by corn18 »

kjvmartin wrote:
corn18 wrote:but she said she thought it was stupid to spend $70k on a Q7
I would agree, when the top of the line model is listed at $65,000 on the Audi website.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q7

kjvm
You ever priced a car with options? The Q7 can hit $95k with options. [OT comment removed by admin LadyGeek]
yukonjack

Post by yukonjack »

I have been a big believer in the quality of Japanese cars (currently own Hondas and an Acura) but reading the positive reviews about Audi reliability has caught my eye. Consumer Reports for one really likes Audi. I am probably deluding myself thinking I could get 10 years from an A4 without too much pain in the pocket book.
I do think the Q7 would be a fine choice but one that will probably come with added cost down the road.
jainn

Post by jainn »

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/aud ... ochure.pdf

$849 maintenance pre-paid with Audi for first 5years/50k miles.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Aren't there published table of vehicle reliability that tabulate survey results from many owners? I think if you look at such things Lexus is pretty consistently superior, top of list, and Audi is somewhere midrange, not so good to ok. It may be more difficult to single out a single model and model year, and it is always uncertain to forecast future data.
Frisco Kid

Post by Frisco Kid »

You can of course protect yourself by not keeping it longer than the warranty periods, either standard or extended. Your wife's current vehicle is 6 years old, how long would she/you keep the Q7 and what is your yearly mileage?
dbr

Post by dbr »

Frisco Kid wrote:You can of course protect yourself by not keeping it longer than the warranty periods, either standard or extended. Your wife's current vehicle is 6 years old, how long would she/you keep the Q7 and what is your yearly mileage?
That protects your costs but not your convenience, time lost, stranded on road, etc.
emoore

Post by emoore »

dbr wrote:Aren't there published table of vehicle reliability that tabulate survey results from many owners? I think if you look at such things Lexus is pretty consistently superior, top of list, and Audi is somewhere midrange, not so good to ok. It may be more difficult to single out a single model and model year, and it is always uncertain to forecast future data.
Yes there are and according to consumer reports, Audi is not midrange, it's in the more reliable category. 4th to be precise. Right behind Lexus, Toyota, Buick. Audi and BMW are ahead of Honda but I doubt that would change anyones mind about Honda being reliable. I think most cars are fairly reliable these days. I have a VW and its 22nd and I've had one issue in 6 years and that was covered under warranty.
Topic Author
corn18

Post by corn18 »

Q7 on the left RX350 on the right

Seems CR thinks the Q7 is better.
Topic Author
corn18

Post by corn18 »

jainn wrote:https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/aud ... ochure.pdf

$849 maintenance pre-paid with Audi for first 5years/50k miles.
So I could prepay up through 90,000 miles of maintenance for $2300. That's a great deal. This plus the CR data has convinced me that Audi is the way to go.
tim1999

Post by tim1999 »

What I tend to do with "unknown" cars is go to cars.com and search for some used, recent year, but high mileage ones, then check the Carfax reports and see what kind of non-routine maintenance were typically performed over time. I cringe when I read things like for example at 80,000 miles: "Engine removed to complete transmission repair." on multiple carfaxes for a particular model of car.
TheOscarGuy

Post by TheOscarGuy »

corn18 wrote:Q7 on the left RX350 on the right

Seems CR thinks the Q7 is better.
Then you should go for it!
I am convinced that overall German brands are less reliable and cost more to fix when they break. I havent had too many cars in my lifetime to base that off of (in all 5), but I remain unimpressed with reliability of german cars. Sure people say if you take care of the car, it will go on forever, but this is BH after all. We do have to think how much it costs to fix things.
I have had my BMW stall on me twice, once after a snow storm in a parking lot (having driven it for ~1 hr ) and once when I was going to Doctor's . I thought that was two too many. None of my Japanese cars have left me stranded.
mudfud

Post by mudfud »

One thing to consider (especially since this will be a surprise) is that the styling of the 2017 Q7 is very different from previous years. More sharp angles, the grill is different, more of a station wagon look. Some like it, some despise it.

"Are you sure you have tested an a priori hypothesis?" | | Image
ubermax

Post by ubermax »

[
corn18 wrote:So I could prepay up through 90,000 miles of maintenance for $2300. That's a great deal. This plus the CR data has convinced me that Audi is the way to go.
We've got a 2016 Audi Q5 with 20K and a 2008 BMW X3 with125K , not your specific vehicle in question , but both German makes ; got maintenance agreements with both , 4 years/50K was included in the price of the BMW but had to prepay as a separate line item for essentially the same deal for the Audi.

For our BMW oil changes and annual wiper replacements were done at the prescribed intervals along with a check of some wear and tear items like brakes and struts and maybe a couple of other items - replacement of the "wear and tear" items during the initial warranty period would only be done if the technician and service rep decided they needed to be replaced ; we had little out of pocket through 60K and then it was brakes and struts shortly thereafter ; recently it was transfer case and clutch kit which were pricey but we like the vehicle and are trying to extend out the time when we'll replace it with maybe a late model used or new car .

Your post has given me the impetus to double check and ask questions with our local Audi dealership to make sure I fully understand our coverage , both for routine maintenance and those big ticket "wear & tear" items - you may want to consider doing that as well .

We test drove the Audi Q5 and the Volvo XC60 ; to us the Audi felt smoother , accelerated better , and was overall a more enjoyable driving experience ; only time will tell if it maintains it's current reliability - it's an automatic whereas the BMW is a stick and so far we don't miss the stick on longer mixed condition drives :happy
corgimom11

Post by corgimom11 »

I have a loaded 2016 RX350 (MSRP'd for $56,500). I came out of the deal at $49,500 for reference. It was a good value at the end of the model year. Absolute phenomenal value against some of the other vehicles I looked at (I was looking at both the Q7 and lightly used Porsche Cayennes, but the tech is nowhere close to what the Q7 can offer if you're interested in a Prestige level, or at least a Prem Plus that has the more dynamic "driver assist" type features that will aid you in stop and go traffic (Traffic jam assist). No such thing on the Lexus. Also no Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

We decided it was not worth the roughly $15K price premium for me personally given my driving habits, my commute, and not needing the extra space of the Q7 at this moment, so I went with the Lexus instead.
RoadHouseFan

Post by RoadHouseFan »

If it requires premium gas, then that's a showstopper.
Topic Author
corn18

Post by corn18 »

RoadHouseFan wrote:If it requires premium gas, then that's a showstopper.
It does. But I've been living with that with the MDX for the last 6 years, so not a showstopper.
KCjoe

Post by KCjoe »

My wife drove an Acura MDX a few years, we sold it at around 60000 miles and had no troubles with the car. Very reliable, drove to Colorado with 6 passengers for a few ski trips. All in all a good solid SUV.

We replaced it two years ago with an Audi Q5. WE drove the Q7 but now that we are empty nesters seemed silly to have that large of a SUV. The Audi Q5 has been great, handles well, sporty and stylish. I did get the higher performance engine.

I drive a 15 BMW 335 xi, and when I drive her car, always find the Q5 to be right there with my BMW. Plus the Audi has regular tires, I just replaced my BMW run flat tires at 25K, while the Audi with 29K still has another year of tread life.

Good luck to you, the whole car buying experience which should be enjoyable is such a pain.
tim1999

Post by tim1999 »

I never understood this mentality. If one has a problem with paying a couple hundred bucks a year extra for premium gas, maybe they shouldn't be buying a $40,000+ car.
tim1999

Post by tim1999 »

mudfud wrote:One thing to consider (especially since this will be a surprise) is that the styling of the 2017 Q7 is very different from previous years. More sharp angles, the grill is different, more of a station wagon look. Some like it, some despise it.

I don't like it. It looks like they just lowered the body from SUV level to station wagon level in an attempt to improve the fuel economy to appease the government and its tightening fuel economy requirements.
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

You like driving your car and not visiting in the shop?:) Seriously all of these cars and nice and it is pretty much personal preference and nobody can predict repair costs (just wrote a 2k check for a <100k Honda. My audi had 1 600 dollar repair over 10 years). Supposedly the latest audis have been top tier reliability wise. The ones in the 90s weren't.

Surprising someone with a car always seemed like a huge risk. Way too much stuff to go wrong:)
yngdoc

Post by yngdoc »

My Acura has almost 200,000miles, I've had it just over 7 years and have taken some big trips with it. It's as reliable as they come. Biggest repair I've had with all those miles and in all those years has been replacing the breaks.

I hope that helps
c078342

Post by c078342 »

I don't know how you pick a q7 over the Volvo xc90
Easy. The Audi has soul and is a joy to drive, The volvo on the other hand has the soul of a prius. Depends on how you view cars: a utilitarian perspective as devices to get one from A to B or something to savor as you spend considerable time in them.

As to reliability, 5 year's prepaid for $900 sounds like a sweet deal to me.
If it requires premium gas, then that's a showstopper.
Not true. All of my cars require premium, but the electronic engine controls will detect knocking and adjust to prevent it. Use regular in my Audi A4, Porsche Boxster and Porsche Macan S with zero problems.
Pdxnative

Post by Pdxnative »

I have an A4 with >80k miles but have had Japanese brands in the past. I would not call the A4 unreliable, but there is no question that the cost to maintain is significantly higher. Things need replacing that I didn't even know existed on some of my other cars--engine mounts, bushings, etc. Not to mention, it goes through brake pads ridiculously fast. Just replaced rotors and pads for ~$1k. Having said all that, I feel like it's been a pretty solid car on average. It has been more expensive to maintain, but not ridiculously so. I've probably spent $5-6k more than I would have with a Honda. I was prepared for the difference and it's well worth it for me. I don't know if the q7 has a noticeably better feel than an Acura. Just don't expect a reliable Audi to cost you the same to maintain as a reliable Acura, and you'll be happy. If you're going to do the extra warranty thing just keep in mind some of the wear and tear items might not be covered (bushings and struts would not have been covered by most warranties when I replaced them a few years ago). Also: most Audis use ultra high performance tires which wear fast; can't remember if this is true of Acura also.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

German cars cost money to maintain properly beyond the warranty period. Service (even at a good indy, forget the dealer once warranty is over) is not cheap, and German-sourced parts are not either. High performance/high compression engines are complex and require proper care. Audi engine compartments in general (and even compared to Bimmers) are very, very tight and difficult to work on for a shade tree mechanic. Ten things need to be removed to fix one thing.

If you plan to keep it a long time, then budget appropriately for $500-$750/year once out of warranty. Not saying you will spend this much, but better to be prepared going in.

70 grand for a car strikes me as a lot for a Bh to spend, but to each his own. I do like the looks of the Q7 but it is a huge car.

I suggest driving the CX-7. Sorry mean CX-9 (Mazda.) About half the price and very good driving dynamics. Small third row.
Jesa

Post by Jesa »

Have you drove the Jaguar F Pace?
LarryAllen

Post by LarryAllen »

tim1999 wrote:
I never understood this mentality. If one has a problem with paying a couple hundred bucks a year extra for premium gas, maybe they shouldn't be buying a $40,000+ car.

I would say it's a way of justifying to themselves why they shouldn't be a more expensive car.
inverter

Post by inverter »

My mom has a 2013 Audi Q7 (switched from a Toyota Sequoia) and my dad has a 2012 BMW 528i (switched from an Acura MDX). Both have been great cars. In my opinion, they are much safer than Japanese cars, while also being more responsive and fun to drive. The maintenance costs have been similar, and as soon as both ran out of their free maintenance, we took them to our local German indie.
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

Jesa wrote:Have you drove the Jaguar F Pace?
F-Pace is a smaller car than the q7 or XC90. It is more like a Q5 competitor. I drove one and thought the power was great, the handling was up to snuff, andI sort of like the interior. I thought rear visibility was a bit limited. I am sure I would get used to it with a couple of weeks of driving. Not sure I would be willing to bet on Jaguar reliability right now. Supposedly things have improved since the Ford years but it is still pretty early on.
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

LarryAllen wrote:
tim1999 wrote:

I would say it's a way of justifying to themselves why they shouldn't be a more expensive car.
Premium makes a car 3-4k more expensive than one that takes regular. At some point a person hits their limit. Maybe they can afford a 40k car but not a 43k one.

But these days pretty much every luxury car recommends premium other than some Volvos and I think the Lexus Hybrids (I am sure there are some exceptions). I know a bunch of people running RXs on regular and the like because they don't want to pay extra but that sure isn't what the manufacture recommends anymore.
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

Never seen a Lexus stranded on the roadside, but the other day saw a Q7 stranded on the side of the highway with the occupants (a young family) standing outside. Of course, this could be a one off incident. Just sayin'
Jesa

Post by Jesa »

randomguy wrote:
Jesa wrote:Have you drove the Jaguar F Pace?
F-Pace is a smaller car than the q7 or XC90. It is more like a Q5 competitor. I drove one and thought the power was great, the handling was up to snuff, andI sort of like the interior. I thought rear visibility was a bit limited. I am sure I would get used to it with a couple of weeks of driving. Not sure I would be willing to bet on Jaguar reliability right now. Supposedly things have improved since the Ford years but it is still pretty early on.
Understood. Jag's quality has changed tremendously. I am coming off a 3 year lease on the F-Type next month and had 1 issue the entire term. The A/C compressor needed to be replaced and was done in 1 day. A few others I have met have also had no problems. I love the Q7 also. Actually looking at an XC90 now. Volvo's are stunning. Be careful on a 2016 or early 2017 build as these cars have had some issues.
Topic Author
corn18

Post by corn18 »

We made an offer on a Q7 Prestige last night. If they can find the one my wife wants. This is what convinced me:

researcher

Post by researcher »

corn18 wrote:Only concern I have is the maintenance cost of an Audi...
- She has a 2011 Acura MDX, but is getting the new car itch.
- she thought it was stupid to spend $70k on a Q7 (the RX350 is ONLY $55k).
- I'm stupid. I will get her the Q7.
You are willing to spend $70K to replace the reasonably new, "flawless" vehicle she currently drives.

Given this, why are you concerned about maintenance costs?

You'll blow $15K more than the RX350 she likes equally as well, but are worried about a few extra grand in maintenance. I don't get it.
JohnFiscal

Post by JohnFiscal »

Ditto that.

and there's to be a new XC60 coming out in 2018(?) ...smaller and less $$ than the xc90

Been very pleased with my 2011 S60 sedan. Had a number of Audis prior to this.
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

researcher wrote:
You are willing to spend $70K to replace the reasonably new, "flawless" vehicle she currently drives.

You'll blow $15K more than the RX350 she likes equally as well, but are worried about a few extra grand in maintenance. I don't get it.
That's my question exactly. Aren't you past the point where you care all that much about reliability? If it turns out to be unreliable, just buy her a new $70K car in a year or two. If reliable, cost-effective transportation were the goal, nobody would be looking at $70K cars. They'd be looking at $20K cars.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
Topic Author
corn18

Post by corn18 »

White Coat Investor wrote:
researcher wrote:

That's my question exactly. Aren't you past the point where you care all that much about reliability? If it turns out to be unreliable, just buy her a new $70K car in a year or two. If reliable, cost-effective transportation were the goal, nobody would be looking at $70K cars. They'd be looking at $20K cars.
Wow, didn't know I was being unreasonable. I don't want to spend any amount of money and have a car in the shop all the time. So I can afford to pay $10,000 a year for maintenance, so what? I don't buy cars to sit in the shop.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

researcher wrote:

I don't think spending a lot on a car and ALSO wanting reliability are mutually exclusive necessarily, or counter-intuitive. All buyers of anything want what they are buying to be reliable, be it a car or a television. We don't know OP's financial circumstances, 70k may be pocket change to him.

To me, this whole "surprise the wife with a new car" seems a little more antithetical to the Bh philosophy. At least in our home we discuss all large (and even some not so large) purchase decisions beforehand, since it eliminates the stress that can come after.

But I realize that not all homes operate in this manner. I'm sure she will enjoy it.
White Coat Investor

Admiral wrote:
researcher wrote:

I don't think spending a lot on a car and ALSO wanting reliability are mutually exclusive necessarily, or counter-intuitive. All buyers of anything want what they are buying to be reliable, be it a car or a television. We don't know OP's financial circumstances, 70k may be pocket change to him.

To me, this whole "surprise the wife with a new car" seems a little more antithetical to the Bh philosophy. At least in our home we discuss all large (and even some not so large) purchase decisions beforehand, since it eliminates the stress that can come after.

But I realize that not all homes operate in this manner. I'm sure she will enjoy it.
It might not be a large purchase for the OP. That was my point.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
White Coat Investor

corn18 wrote:
researcher wrote:

Wow, didn't know I was being unreasonable. I don't want to spend any amount of money and have a car in the shop all the time. So I can afford to pay $10,000 a year for maintenance, so what? I don't buy cars to sit in the shop.
Are you aware of very many brand new cars costing $70K that "sit in the shop?" I'm not. And even if it did, most dealerships that sell $70K cars give you a free loaner while warranty work is done.

Nobody is saying you're unreasonable, but step back for a minute and look at this from someone else's point of view. You're going to spend 3 times+ what an average new sedan costs as a surprise gift for your spouse. Then all of a sudden your frugal side kicks in and you want to make sure the $300 water pump doesn't suck? It's a huge disconnect. It's like buying a new wakeboat and complaining about how much putting a tower on it costs. It just doesn't fit and so when others see it, they chuckle a bit.
researcher

Post by researcher »

corn18 wrote:Wow, didn't know I was being unreasonable. I don't want to spend any amount of money and have a car in the shop all the time. So I can afford to pay $10,000 a year for maintenance, so what? I don't buy cars to sit in the shop.
I understand not wanting to have a car that is "in the shop all the time."

However, you also specifically said you were worried about maintenance costs...
"Only concern I have is the maintenance cost of an Audi and reliability."

My point is that someone buying a $70K+ German import as a surprise gift should not be concerned about maintenance costs.
(especially if said gift is replacing a perfectly good vehicle, and is $15K more than the equally preferred alternative)
sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal »

corn18 wrote:I was thinking of surprising my wife with a new car. She has a 2011 Acura MDX that has been flawless, but I can tell she is getting the new car itch. We looked at SUV's a while back and she liked the Lexus RX350 and the Audi Q7, but she said she thought it was stupid to spend $70k on a Q7 (the RX350 is ONLY $55k). Well, that's where I come in. I'm stupid. I will get her the Q7.

Only concern I have is the maintenance cost of an Audi and reliability. I have no experience with Audi. The MDX was not expensive to maintain. It has had no issues. I would get her another MDX, but I can tell she would like something different. I drive an Acura TLX and it is also flawless so far.

Any feedback from the BH nation?

Thanks, Corn
That's your Heart and your Brain talking.

Your Heart says: "I think my wife would look great in a Q7 - definitely worth the $15k to get the Audi!"
Your Brain says: "Are you nuts? You're paying $15k more than the very reliable Lexus and you know there will be much more maintenance?!"

I'm facing the same dilemma. My wife has a perfectly good Honda Pilot and she's getting the "new car itch." She wants a Lexus, I don't. She doesn't want a Pilot or a Highlander, to her they look like minivans these days (and they do.)

Enter the XC90! It starts at a mere $45k if you get the T5 version, it's even larger than the Lexus with the same number of seats, price is the same. (For the T6 version you can get 7 seats.)

We're looking at the Volvo "overseas delivery" option because you get all this:
- Two round trip tickets to Scandinavia
- Free night at a hotel, meals
- 3 weeks of paid insurance for your car
- You can order the car to your liking, avoiding all the "packages" that drive up the price for very little difference in features
- No destination charge, yet the vehicle is delivered to the local dealer of your choice

If you value the European vacation at $3-4k, the effective cost of the vehicle is around $40-50k depending on the model. The new XC90 makes all the Hondas and Toyotas look pedestrian and easily stands up to Lexus/Acura/Audi.

Explore:
http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-to ... s-delivery
researcher

Post by researcher »

sunny_socal wrote: Enter the XC90! It starts at a mere $45k if you get the T5 version.
We're looking at the Volvo "overseas delivery" option because you get all this:
- Two round trip tickets to Scandinavia
- Free night at a hotel, meals
- 3 weeks of paid insurance for your car
- You can order the car to your liking, avoiding all the "packages" that drive up the price for very little difference in features
- No destination charge, yet the vehicle is delivered to the local dealer of your choice

If you value the European vacation at $3-4k, the effective cost of the vehicle is around $40-50k depending on the model.
It looks like you are severely overstating the benefits of this program...
- There is a fixed price list for this program, meaning no negotiation.
- KBB shows this vehicle can be bought for $1500+ less than the fixed price (with destination charge included).
- Not included in this fixed price is "dealer prep fees," meaning your actual vehicle cost will be even higher.
- The round trip tickets include only a "single domestic flight leg each direction." Your flight to a major US airport is not covered.
- Tripadvisor shows the hotel they provide (#10 rated) costs ~$145/night.
- The brochure states that your free meal entails a lunch of Swedish meatballs at the factory restaurant.

So this vacation value is $150 for the hotel, maybe $20 for lunch, plus a portion of you total airfare costs.

However, any value of the vacation is more than wiped out by the higher price you will pay for the vehicle.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

I would also take the CR rating with a huge grain of salt, this is a new model (redesign, including engine) so anything about reliability is nothing but a prediction. This MY has a supercharger, previous ones were turbo.

But, again, if you trade in cars every three years, there's likely nothing to worry about. If you plan to keep it for a long time...see my previous post. I've owned German cars for 18 years.
surfstar

Post by surfstar »

I love the whole "surprise" on a big purchase:

Surprise! I just spent $35k of your money!!!

We are practical and realize our money is 1/2 and 1/2. We had the same thought when a friend got engaged and she said "I don't know how he could afford it [ring]" - guess what? 1/2 of that debt will soon be yours! ;)

er, I mean - enjoy! I splurged and bought my first new car and it was German, also - VW 2016 Sportwagen for $18,500 though