Walmart.com vs. Amazon.com

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Barefootgirl

Walmart.com vs. Amazon.com

Post by Barefootgirl »

I noted the news article this week about Walmart beginning it's free shipping program, in order to make inroads on Amazon's market share, with one big advantage, IMO - no membership to join or pay for.

I decided to place an order with Walmart.com

They've got a ways to go to catch up to Amazon. Package arrived tattered and torn open, items loose inside. One item missing.
On a positive note, I noted that there had been a price drop on one item, so I tried to get a credit via price protection.
An interminable wait for a chat rep who never arrived, so I sent an email.

Why go to Walmart and deal with long lines if you can have the items arrive on your doorstep? I live in a HCOL, so my local options for buying sundries are limited and inconvenient. YMMV.
How many retired people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but he takes all day.
Blueskies123

Re: Walmart.com vs. Amazon.com

Post by Blueskies123 »

Same thing here. I am sticking with Amazon until Walmart figure out how to properly deliver it products.
If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

Not a Prime member (or a Sam's Club/Costco/BJ's member - not willing to pay for the privilege of shopping). That said, Target is offering free shipping on a $25 purchase - http://www.target.com/c/target-shipping/-/N-551st. My thoughts are that WalMart and Target are going to aggressively target Amazon. Not sure where this is all going from here but with respect to dividends (per M*) - WMT - 3.01%, TGT - 3.61%, AMZN - 0.0%. Take it for what it is worth - TGT is a Dividend Aristocrat --- http://www.suredividend.com/dividend-ar ... fgodhqcHnA
Let's never come here again because it would never be as much fun.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

I've bought things from Walmart.com and, no real complaints, but they are SO not Amazon. I didn't appreciate how good Amazon was until I used Walmart. In my case, it was things for Christmas 2015, and I ordered about eight smallish items which collectively qualified for free shipping. Well I can't really complain, but what a mess. There was nothing resembling the friendly and accurate Amazon emails ("We have your order... we've shipped your order.") The original confirmation screens indicated that the items would arrive in two shipments. In fact there ended up being about four. Some arrived quite a bit earlier than promised, some arrived more or less as promised, and one of them, promised for Christmas, didn't arrive until several days after Christmas but since it was just an item for me and I didn't need it by Christmas I shrugged it off.

The completeness and accuracy of their product web pages is inferior to Amazon, too.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

Barefootgirl wrote:I noted the news article this week about Walmart beginning it's free shipping program, in order to make inroads on Amazon's market share, with one big advantage, IMO - no membership to join or pay for.
yea, will be interesting to see where that goes. I bought a TV thru Walmart some years ago on a Black Friday deal...it went well.

Amazons effect on brick and mortar stores is a sweeping change that is just beginning.

Wondering when Sears will finally falter...
Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
ClevrChico

Post by ClevrChico »

Wal-Mart has a better selection in some areas. Packaging is lacking and 10% of the items I've received have been destroyed. (Easy refund, though.) I attempted to order a toaster from Wal-Mart, and it was back ordered for weeks. On a toaster!

Wal-Mart is improving, and Amazon could use the competition.
sport

Post by sport »

I have found that Costco.com is very good. Many items have free shipping. Some items are the same price as those in the stores, and sometimes additional sizes and/or colors are available for clothing. That being said, many on-line items are not in the stores and many store items are not on-line.
kiddoc

Post by kiddoc »

Used both for ~5-6 years now. I have found Walmart and Amazon shipping and pricing to be comparable. I can't compare customer service as I never has to ask for a refund/ assistance from Walmart; twice from Amazon and it went well.
"The four most dangerous words in investing are: 'this time it's different.'" - Sir John Templeton
TimeRunner

Post by TimeRunner »

One growing downside of Amazon is the increasing use of 3rd parties using Amazon prime fulfillment, which, if one is not cautious, can result in receiving fake goods (e.g. most Duracell batteries on Amazon), close to expiration goods (many various complaints), or other problems. I ordered a new Dell monitor thru a supposedly reputable third-party that arrived with "Broken" written on the side of the box, and several post-it notes on the face describing the issue from someone who had previously returned it. While I was able to return it and get my money back, the same monitor from Amazon.com as the authorized seller (new goods) was another $60. This is probably not an issue at Walmart, Best Buy and Costco at this time. (Newegg does use 3rd parties.)

Amazon (Newegg, etc) like this business model because it's almost pure profit. They don't have to buy the goods, and in many cases, don't have to store them or ship them. Buyer beware.
One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
chmcnm

Post by chmcnm »

I order from both. Amazon does a very good job with shipping. Walmart is so-so. They were great when the $50 free shipping started but it's been downhill since. Broken merchandise, wrong merchandise, and torn-up boxes lately. Ticked-off packers maybe? I feel bad for the USPS lady who has to deliver packages. I think that Walmart can put up to 50 pounds (maybe 60) in one box. She also says she's still out for deliveries after 5pm most nights. I'm waiting for Amazon to buy UPS or Fedex until they can get the drones up and running.
sambb

Post by sambb »

id rather spend more money and go with amazon, they are so easy to deal with, and they are the future
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

We've had terrible experiences with both in regards to package handling and delivery time, but we blame that almost entirely on our horrible local post office. We are Prime members and use them the most, but don't hesitate to take advantage of Walmart if the price is better. With two demanding professional jobs, wife also in school full-time, and two young kids, convenience factor is huge, even if we deal with way more broken, wrong (yeah, 2 of our last 5 Amazon orders they simply sent the wrong items), and late packages than we should. They both have pretty good customer service for when things get messed up.
FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor »

WalMart acquired Jet.com in September of 2016. WalMart indicates in their announcement that they will continue to operate under both names but hopefully they will learn from Jet.com and not tinker with them too much. Jet.com is much better at what they do online than Walmart.

Here's WalMart's announcement.....
http://blog.walmart.com/business/201609 ... ght-jetcom
Have a plan, stay the course and simplify, but most importantly....Ignore the Noise!
VaR

Post by VaR »

I feel like Amazon Prime for shipping is not really comparable in that the streaming video service that it comes with is where the value is at this point. The Prime Music is meh.

I like having free quick shipping on the things that I need. I often choose the option to get credit back for the slow shipping option so I'm probably only paying $50 for Prime.

I agree that you have to be careful to choose Amazon as the seller for items where counterfeiting is an issue.
Theseus

Post by Theseus »

Blueskies123 wrote:Same thing here. I am sticking with Amazon until Walmart figure out how to properly deliver it products.
+1 Walmart has no clue as to how to package things. It is so ridiculous. I have ordered different things in different sizes, shapes, weights...every time the packaging is just horrible. I rather pay a little higher price on Amazon.
tcassette

Post by tcassette »

Just trying to navigate the Walmart.com site is a pain. They are much worse than Amazon at by default displaying search hits from their affiliated sellers instead of "sold by Walmart" items. The site just operates much less smoothly than Amazon. And the last time of chose the ship to store option (because it was free) it was a nightmare. I went to the store pickup area and it was at least 20 minutes before any employee even showed up in the area to help me. Not to mention that they then couldn't find all of my order. For having such long experience in retail, Walmart as a company is a very slow learner.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

No comparison. Walmart is not ready for prime time. At least they weren't in August when I gave them a chance. It will be quite a while before I give them another.
jlawrence01

Post by jlawrence01 »

My first and last experience with Walmart.com was trying to pick up a package at one of the Walmart Neighborhood Markets in South Tucson. I waited over thirty minutes to pick up a package while three employees fumbled to make a key at the customer service desk. It is just not worth the efforts.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

TimeRunner wrote:One growing downside of Amazon is the increasing use of 3rd parties using Amazon prime fulfillment, which, if one is not cautious, can result in receiving fake goods.
this happened to me last Fall. Bought a Powerwasher from a 3rd party, the one that arrived was 'used', parts of it were scratched up etc (it was pretty obvious) but the ad was for a NEW one.

I took photos and called them on it, the 'owner' actually sent me his phone number to call and talk to him. It was a little creepy as all I wanted was a new one and not some deal to keep the one the sent me. Also, I didnt want to call and take the discussion off the Amazon site where I had no protections.

Their responses started taking several days to reply, eventually I contacted Amazon and they refunded me the entire purchase price and then I saw the seller was no longer on Amazon a day later. Also read their reviews and they were doing the same thing to other people starting about the same time I had my issue.

yea it kinda makes me wonder now with whatever I would buy on there, will I get a used item?
Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
Saving$

Post by Saving$ »

My last several experiences with Amazon have been terrible.
- Three separate orders for one item and I still don't have the item. They were all by 3rd party sellers. First was much smaller size than ordered, and item received was actually marked as a smaller size (website gave exact dimension options, and I selected the exact size I needed), second shipment sent a totally different item than ordered, third shipment sent an item marked via sticker as the size I ordered, but actually was much larger. I gave up.
- Other item was ordering headphones. I learned after the order that the >20 4 and 5 star reviews were mostly fake reviews.
tuningfork

Post by tuningfork »

I've been a Prime member for many years and am generally very happy with Amazon. If an item I need is available at Amazon I will usually order it. Occasionally I've had to return an item and Amazon makes it very easy to do so at no cost.

However, last week I placed an order with Jet.com for the first time. I wanted to try out a consumable product that was not readily available in local stores (or rather, I didn't want to drive around to multiple places trying to find it given it's a specialty item and likely not stocked anywhere). Amazon only had it in a 4-pack, but I only wanted one in case I didn't like it. Jet had it. My experience with Jet was mixed but I will use them again. First, I thought the website navigation was clumsy. I ordered several other items to bring the order up to $35 for free shipping and it was tough to find items. Second, although tracking information was available if I checked my account online, I never received an email when the package was shipped. I thought that was mandatory these days! Third, one of the items arrived damaged. But the customer service to get the damaged item replaced was outstanding. I emailed a photo of the damaged item, and within 5 minutes they initiated a new order for a replacement, shipped overnight, at no cost to me and no need to return the damaged one. So despite the glitches I'll use them again if they are competitive with Amazon for something I need.
kjvmartin

Post by kjvmartin »

Bear in mind, Prime shipping is no minimum. Walmart is requiring a $35 subtotal before their free shipping kicks in. The news media didn't even mention that once when I saw the story on TV.
Quark

Post by Quark »

TimeRunner wrote:One growing downside of Amazon is the increasing use of 3rd parties using Amazon prime fulfillment, which, if one is not cautious, can result in receiving fake goods (e.g. most Duracell batteries on Amazon), close to expiration goods (many various complaints), or other problems....
From what I've read, Amazon fulfillment all comes from the same stock, whether the seller is Amazon or a third party. You can get fake goods even when Amazon is listed as the seller.
Toons

Post by Toons »

I keep two tabs permanently open on my chrome broswer.
Walmart and Amazon.
Where the price or shipping is right I go there,,although
with the Prime 5% back on every purchase card ,
I find myself purchasing from amazon,,,
A full size mattress is on the way. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
normaldude

Post by normaldude »

I use both.

Walmart.com is better for household goods like shampoo, toothpaste, hair gel, etc.

Amazon.com has a better selection of electronics and niche items.
pennstater2005

Post by pennstater2005 »

I live close enough to a Walmart that I don't even think to use their website. Amazon is my go to although I always price check a few different websites because they're not always cheapest.
“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson
TimeRunner

Post by TimeRunner »

Quark wrote:
TimeRunner wrote:One growing downside of Amazon is the increasing use of 3rd parties using Amazon prime fulfillment, which, if one is not cautious, can result in receiving fake goods (e.g. most Duracell batteries on Amazon), close to expiration goods (many various complaints), or other problems....
From what I've read, Amazon fulfillment all comes from the same stock, whether the seller is Amazon or a third party. You can get fake goods even when Amazon is listed as the seller.
It appears that there's a lot of weirdness around "Fulfilled by Amazon" (FBA). Sellers have the choice of co-mingling inventory or keeping it separate, with additional labeling and packing requirements increasing seller costs to keep it separate. Co-mingling exposes sellers to, for example, supplying a US made good and co-mingling it with another seller's cheaper Chinese knock-off. A quick skim read of various FBA threads in Amazon's own support forum certainly gives me pause as a consumer. See https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums ... tegoryID=3 for more. I don't see how this business model ends well without some course corrections.
anonenigma

Post by anonenigma »

Will allow Prime to lapse in two weeks. Amazon's prices are much higher than they used to be, particularly on CDs and DVDS, so I haven't been buying as much as I used to. I also wasn't satisfied (for the first time) with how they handled a return and rejected my review of the item, which contained no objectionable content.

If I'm not buying much on Amazon (mostly third party), the only reason to pay for Prime is the streaming video, which is just okay.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

I use both, frequently. Generally get better deals on pantry goods and personal hygiene products from Walmart (and I tend to stick to the same product).
For most other things, Amazon has a much better selection/variety, and better shipping... Amazon.com just seems to have it all around better, if you can find it at Walmart.com it's sometimes cheaper but it's also "the Walmart of online shopping" :wink:
I like that there's competition.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
pangea33

Post by pangea33 »

F150HD wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:Wondering when Sears will finally falter...
Probably sooner than later. They announced the sale of their Craftsman line to Black & Decker. That's one of their few successful product verticals.
Caduceus

Post by Caduceus »

I suspect it's a question of different clientele. Walmart has more than three times the sales revenue compared to Amazon (I was really, really surprised to find that out!), and a good part of Amazon's sales are probably kindle and profits from commissions off marketplace sellers.

So Walmart is really just much bigger than Amazon.

But yes, Amazon.com is just heads and shoulders better than Walmart.com, which is terrible.
spitty

Post by spitty »

Sales tax is a consideration also. You'll always pay it with Walmart purchases; Amazon now collects it in 38 states + DC (non-Prime) and 22 + DC (Prime). Not sure why the difference with Amazon.
sport

Post by sport »

spitty wrote:Sales tax is a consideration also. You'll always pay it with Walmart purchases; Amazon now collects it in 38 states + DC (non-Prime) and 22 + DC (Prime). Not sure why the difference with Amazon.
In Ohio, any out-of-state purchases that are not subject to a sales tax, are subject to an Ohio "use tax". The use tax is the same amount as the sales tax. This is to be reported on the state income tax form and paid with the income tax. While it is on the "honor system", anyone who does not pay this is breaking the law. I do not know if similar laws apply in other states.
jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott »

Don't order a whole lot online but when I do I prefer buying from walmart.com over amazon, they have a store right next to the Costco we go to, so I can order ship to store with no minimum. I prefer being able to return stuff for any reason in person, so never have used amazon much. I will look anywhere for pricing, but try to order from walmart, bestbuy, kohls, etc.

The first time I used ship to store a few years ago, it was a terribly long wait at the counter. But recently it has been very quick.
The two greatest enemies of the equity fund investor are expenses and emotions. ― John C. Bogle
Rotarman

Post by Rotarman »

I used Amazon prime for a few years, but I found that I wasn't using it enough to justify the annual membership, and it seemed I ended up at walmart anyways since I can't have produce and cold items shipped through amazon. Then I found out about Walmart Pickup. It is great! The website interface is super clean, you just choose all the items you want from Wal-Mart and when you'd like to pick them up. Then you drive up to a loading bay, punch your order # into a screen, and they load up all the bags you ordered. Furthermore if they're out of anything you ordered, they'll give you a larger quantity or name brand for the same price.

It's not as convenient as having stuff shipped, but Walmart is on the way home for us, so we only lose maybe 10 minutes, and you can do same day pickup.
leonard

Post by leonard »

VaR wrote:I feel like Amazon Prime for shipping is not really comparable in that the streaming video service that it comes with is where the value is at this point.
Not a reason in the world that I can think of that a premium shipping service should be tied to something like video streaming.

Personally, I'd buy those 2 services separately.
Leonard | | Market Timing: Do you seriously think you can predict the future? What else do the voices tell you? | | If employees weren't taking jobs with bad 401k's, bad 401k's wouldn't exist.
simmias

Post by simmias »

I needed a bunch of household supplies, and after seeing this thread I decided to try walmart.com instead of taking a trip to Target.

Pro: Walmart was the cheapest option for everything I ordered.

Con: Of the eight items I ordered, only three were eligible for two-day shipping. And none got here in two days. Tracking tells me that my first three items will get here tomorrow, which will be four days after I ordered.

Not impressed.
Pajamas

Post by Pajamas »

leonard wrote: Not a reason in the world that I can think of that a premium shipping service should be tied to something like video streaming.

Receive all the benefits of Amazon Prime including FREE Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library for $99 a year or $10.99 a month. We also offer a Prime Video membership for $8.99 a month that only includes Prime Video as a benefit.

But wait! That's not all! For only $99 a year or $10.99 a month plus tax, you get all this:

FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits. For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.

FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery.

Prime Now: Get FREE two-hour delivery or scheduled delivery on over 10,000 items, from groceries to electronics and more. Plus, get free delivery from your favorite local stores. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information go to Prime Now.

Restaurant Delivery: Get FREE one-hour delivery from popular restaurants with Prime Now. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information, go to Prime Now.

FREE Release-Date Delivery: FREE Release-Date Delivery on eligible pre-order items delivered on their release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. For more information, go to Release-Date Delivery.

Prime Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Video.

Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Music.

Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage and enhanced search and organization features in Amazon Drive for you and the members of your Family Vault. For more information, go to About Prime Photos.

Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. Prime Pantry orders cannot be shipped to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon's own line of everyday essentials.

Amazon Dash for Prime: Never run out of your favorite products with Amazon Dash Button. For more information, go to Amazon Dash Button.

Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com. For more information, go to About Prime Early Access.

Kindle Owners' Lending Library: access to members in the U.S. For more information, go to Kindle Owners' Lending Library

Prime Reading: You can borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android. For more information, go to Borrow Books from Amazon Prime Reading.

Kindle First: Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks. For more information, go to Kindle First.

Audible Channels for Prime: Get access to Audible Channels, a $60/year value, for free. Audible Channels includes unlimited listening to original audio series and playlists handcrafted for every interest. You’ll also receive access to Prime Exclusive Audiobooks, a collection of streaming audiobooks including best sellers, family favorites, celebrity-narrated classics and more. Just download the free Audible app and sign in with your Amazon account to start listening.

Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members can get discounted Amazon Music Unlimited monthly plans and there are annual plans available exclusively to Prime members. For more information, go to Amazon Music Unlimited.

Video Add-On Subscriptions: Members can purchase Video Add-on Subscriptions to premium content providers. Browse available Video Add-on Subscriptions, or manage your existing subscriptions.

Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family: These include 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry. For more information go to Get 20% off Diaper Subscriptions or About the Completion Discount.

Twitch Prime: Members get exclusive discounts on physical games pre-orders and new releases. Twitch.tv users who link their Amazon Prime account get ad-free viewing on Twitch, a free Twitch channel subscription every month, and exclusive access to free game content. For more information, go to Twitch.tv.

Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits. For more information, go to About Amazon Households. If you have a paid Prime membership under your personal account you can share your shipping benefits with your Amazon Business user account. Go to Amazon Prime and Business Accounts.

Note:

Amazon Prime isn't available for customers who purchase products for the purpose of resale or use Amazon Prime to ship products to their customers or potential customers.

Some items are not available for Two-Day Shipping due to special shipping characteristics and instead will receive free standard shipping, which delivers in 4-5 business days.

Your Prime Membership may be subject to sales tax in some states.

Customers who receive a Prime free trial through Amazon Student or are guests of another membership aren't eligible for the following benefits unless they are eligible through their Amazon Household: membership sharing, Kindle Owners' Lending Library, Prime Video, Prime Music, and shopping discounts provided by Amazon Family such as 20% off diapers and 15% Baby Registry Completion discount. Customers who are guests of another membership aren't eligible for Prime Photos.

To use Kindle Owners' Lending Library, the Kindle device must be associated with the Prime account that's eligible for the benefit.

We may change these benefits occasionally as provided in the Prime Terms & Conditions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =200444160
davebo

Post by davebo »

Amazon has the selection it has precisely because it allows 3rd party sellers to list and fulfill products through FBA. They have essentially thousands of companies paying them to ship and store packages, not to mention improve the listings themselves with more information and detail.

Sure, you get the occasional counterfeit but it's easy to rectify through Amazon. They are trying to rectify this by only allowing authorized sellers to list on certain products that are counterfeit.
TimeRunner

Post by TimeRunner »

davebo wrote:Amazon has the selection it has precisely because it allows 3rd party sellers to list and fulfill products through FBA. They have essentially thousands of companies paying them to ship and store packages, not to mention improve the listings themselves with more information and detail.

Sure, you get the occasional counterfeit but it's easy to rectify through Amazon. They are trying to rectify this by only allowing authorized sellers to list on certain products that are counterfeit.
That makes total sense, but I don't understand why, for example, sellers of known counterfeit Duracell batteries still have those products listed on Amazon, able to be purchased on Amazon Prime, with disclaimers from Duracell telling people that they are known counterfeits. See: https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1 ... p_pdp_enth

Like I said, this business model is going to need some tuning to build back trust.
leonard

Post by leonard »

Pajamas wrote:
leonard wrote: Not a reason in the world that I can think of that a premium shipping service should be tied to something like video streaming.

Receive all the benefits of Amazon Prime including FREE Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library for $99 a year or $10.99 a month. We also offer a Prime Video membership for $8.99 a month that only includes Prime Video as a benefit.

But wait! That's not all! For only $99 a year or $10.99 a month plus tax, you get all this:

FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits. For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.

FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery.

Prime Now: Get FREE two-hour delivery or scheduled delivery on over 10,000 items, from groceries to electronics and more. Plus, get free delivery from your favorite local stores. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information go to Prime Now.

Restaurant Delivery: Get FREE one-hour delivery from popular restaurants with Prime Now. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information, go to Prime Now.

FREE Release-Date Delivery: FREE Release-Date Delivery on eligible pre-order items delivered on their release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. For more information, go to Release-Date Delivery.

Prime Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Video.

Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Music.

Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage and enhanced search and organization features in Amazon Drive for you and the members of your Family Vault. For more information, go to About Prime Photos.

Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. Prime Pantry orders cannot be shipped to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon's own line of everyday essentials.

Amazon Dash for Prime: Never run out of your favorite products with Amazon Dash Button. For more information, go to Amazon Dash Button.

Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com. For more information, go to About Prime Early Access.

Kindle Owners' Lending Library: access to members in the U.S. For more information, go to Kindle Owners' Lending Library

Prime Reading: You can borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android. For more information, go to Borrow Books from Amazon Prime Reading.

Kindle First: Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks. For more information, go to Kindle First.

Audible Channels for Prime: Get access to Audible Channels, a $60/year value, for free. Audible Channels includes unlimited listening to original audio series and playlists handcrafted for every interest. You’ll also receive access to Prime Exclusive Audiobooks, a collection of streaming audiobooks including best sellers, family favorites, celebrity-narrated classics and more. Just download the free Audible app and sign in with your Amazon account to start listening.

Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members can get discounted Amazon Music Unlimited monthly plans and there are annual plans available exclusively to Prime members. For more information, go to Amazon Music Unlimited.

Video Add-On Subscriptions: Members can purchase Video Add-on Subscriptions to premium content providers. Browse available Video Add-on Subscriptions, or manage your existing subscriptions.

Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family: These include 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry. For more information go to Get 20% off Diaper Subscriptions or About the Completion Discount.

Twitch Prime: Members get exclusive discounts on physical games pre-orders and new releases. Twitch.tv users who link their Amazon Prime account get ad-free viewing on Twitch, a free Twitch channel subscription every month, and exclusive access to free game content. For more information, go to Twitch.tv.

Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits. For more information, go to About Amazon Households. If you have a paid Prime membership under your personal account you can share your shipping benefits with your Amazon Business user account. Go to Amazon Prime and Business Accounts.

Note:

Amazon Prime isn't available for customers who purchase products for the purpose of resale or use Amazon Prime to ship products to their customers or potential customers.

Some items are not available for Two-Day Shipping due to special shipping characteristics and instead will receive free standard shipping, which delivers in 4-5 business days.

Your Prime Membership may be subject to sales tax in some states.

Customers who receive a Prime free trial through Amazon Student or are guests of another membership aren't eligible for the following benefits unless they are eligible through their Amazon Household: membership sharing, Kindle Owners' Lending Library, Prime Video, Prime Music, and shopping discounts provided by Amazon Family such as 20% off diapers and 15% Baby Registry Completion discount. Customers who are guests of another membership aren't eligible for Prime Photos.

To use Kindle Owners' Lending Library, the Kindle device must be associated with the Prime account that's eligible for the benefit.

We may change these benefits occasionally as provided in the Prime Terms & Conditions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =200444160
Honestly, not sure of your point.
Leonard | | Market Timing: Do you seriously think you can predict the future? What else do the voices tell you? | | If employees weren't taking jobs with bad 401k's, bad 401k's wouldn't exist.
mouses

Post by mouses »

I now order from Jet when the products I am looking for are available there, Their shipping is like the wind compared to amazon, which if you don't fork out for Prime takes 2-4 weeks on orders I've placed. I don't like being manipulated as amazon is apparently doing to get people to pay for prime. Ditto the items sold on amazon that are only available to prime members.

I did buy from amazon last week, forked out for two day shipping, and the item arrived in...nine days.