Anyone ordered a tuff shed from Home Depot?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
batpot

Anyone ordered a tuff shed from Home Depot?

Post by batpot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Ordered (w/ CSR card :) ) mid September, and won't be installed until December.

Aside from taking a very long time to deliver, I'm concerned with the latest drawing we were sent to review which shows a vent and a skylight in the reversed positions one side of the roof.
We got this response back from the rep:
You can let the guys know when they get there where the Skylights and tvents go. We do not prefabricate those. The guys will cut them in when they are on site.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

rob

Re: Anyone ordered a tuff shed from Home Depot?

Post by rob » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:44 pm

I cannot help but seems to me that cutting stuff out of the roof on-site is compromising the sealing somewhat on a prefab??
| Rob | Its a dangerous business going out your front door. - J.R.R.Tolkien

batpot

Post by batpot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:07 pm

rob wrote:I cannot help but seems to me that cutting stuff out of the roof on-site is compromising the sealing somewhat on a prefab??
good point...as it turns out, I found a couple assembly videos, and it appears as if they assemble the roof from scratch on site - it's not a prefab roof.
So I think we're good. Just need to be present when they show up to set the drawing straight. :beer

meebers

Post by meebers » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 pm

I ordered a shed from a local guy. Told them that there was no access to the back yard besides a 42" gate. He said no problem, 2 guys showed up and within a day had it built, including real shingles that matched the house shingles. It has been sitting there for 5 years now. It has survived 2 big hurricanes so far. The guy that showed up for the install, also builds the prefabs in his shop.

bnes

Post by bnes » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 pm

batpot wrote:Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
Confirmed, it's the case. They build it on site, paint it on site. But why not order directly from Tufff Shed?
The one I ordered has been a champ: well built, no problems.