Dire need for a white pull-out kitchen sink spray hood

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
CFIT

Dire need for a white pull-out kitchen sink spray hood

Post by CFIT » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:45 pm

The house we bought a few years ago came with white appliances in the kitchen including a white sink. Rather than having a spray hose on the side of the sink, this one has a faucet head that pulls out to clean up dishes then retracts back into the curved faucet tube when not in use. While handy, this part has failed and I needed to replace it. Evidently the tide of white anything in the kitchen has turned and all I could find were chrome spray hoods. Not seeing this as an issue, I bought one on Amazon for $14 and it works well. Unfortunately my wife is more sensitive to these kinds of things and wants to cry whenever she sees that shiny silver spray hood on the white sink. I've done a lot of fruitless searching for a white version of the spray hood but without much luck. I'd welcome any pointers to a place where I could buy one.

Thanks.

daveatca

white is still sold

Post by daveatca » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Go to efaucets and search on: kitchen, pull out spray, white.
Many choices.
Just buy a new faucet.
Last edited by daveatca on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CFIT

Re: Dire need for a white pull-out kitchen sink spray hood

Post by CFIT » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks for the links and suggestions. I'm afraid that I haven't done a good job of describing what I'm looking for. You basically grab the nozzle of the sink and pull it straight out, no handle involved.
Here is what I ordered from Amazon that replaced the old unit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QB ... UTF8&psc=1

It works perfectly but the silver color is a deal-breaker for my wife.

Thanks for your help!

Carson

Post by Carson » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Contact FaucetDirect customer service and tell them what you need - it would be helpful to have the manufacturer of the original pull-down unit available.
30-something personal finance enthusiast, just get getting started on this whole portfolio thing.

island

Post by island » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Is the manufacturer's name on it? If so take a pic and email them for part info.

If she hates the chrome that much, why not just replace the entire faucet.

Good luck!