Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
OAG

Re: Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Post by OAG » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:48 pm

I must be very lucky with SiriusXM radio (and maybe with Pandora (if their merger goes through)). Seems when I purchased a new car over 3 years ago they never turned off the complementary 3 months of SiriusXM Radio. It is still there in the car. I have never been billed for it either. Only thing I can assume is that the dealer somehow installed a "lifetime" subscription to the service.
OAG=Old Army Guy. Retired CW4 USA (US Army) in 1979.

criticalmass

Re: Don't pay full price for SiriusXM radio

Post by criticalmass » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:40 pm

catdude wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:13 pm
Hi Bogleheads -

Just a quick tip FWIW. My subscription for SiriusXM radio was scheduled to automatically renew in early September. The new rate was $218/year. I called them this afternoon and said I wanted to cancel my subscription. They wanted to keep me as a subscriber and offered to extend my promotional rate for another year. Cost: $110/year (prepaid). I accepted their offer. I've been thru this with them several times... when I call to cancel, they always make me an offer to get me to stay. No need to pay full price for their service...
Does anyone pay full price for Sirius Xm? Select runs $25 for six months, sometimes $30. All Access is somewhat higher. RIAA fees are on top of that. If your billing address has sales tax, you'll pay that on top of both.
If you let your subscription lapse, you can get a 3 month all access free trial from time to time.