Any idea about ProForm® Sport 6.0 Treadmill - Costco

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
FB01

Any idea about ProForm® Sport 6.0 Treadmill - Costco

Post by FB01 »

Hi,

Has anyone used ProForm® Sport 6.0 Treadmill which is available in Costco?

I am planning to buy this one but wanted any suggestion/opinion if someone has used this one before.

Thanks,
JR
Thanks, | FB
Mudpuppy

Re: Any idea about ProForm® Sport 6.0 Treadmill - Costco

Post by Mudpuppy »

I have a higher price-point ProForm, but not this specific model. Treadmill Doctor also does not have a review of this model. From the warranty periods and price point, it looks to be a bit on the low-budget side. Do you plan to just walk on this or will you also be jogging and running?
Topic Author
FB01

Post by FB01 »

Mudpuppy wrote:I have a higher price-point ProForm, but not this specific model. Treadmill Doctor also does not have a review of this model. From the warranty periods and price point, it looks to be a bit on the low-budget side. Do you plan to just walk on this or will you also be jogging and running?
My plan is to just to walk and do some light running.

-JR
Thanks, | FB
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

FB01 wrote:
Mudpuppy wrote:I have a higher price-point ProForm, but not this specific model. Treadmill Doctor also does not have a review of this model. From the warranty periods and price point, it looks to be a bit on the low-budget side. Do you plan to just walk on this or will you also be jogging and running?
My plan is to just to walk and do some light running.

-JR
For primarily walking, it should work. You might want to keep an eye out for good sales on the slightly higher end models though. The only hassle I had with getting mine on an Amazon sale was the delivery. A treadmill is heavy enough for freight delivery and the freight company wouldn't deliver on weekends, so I had to arrange a half day off work to wait for the delivery.

Does the model have quick speed and incline buttons on the control panel? My ProForm Power 995i has buttons for 1, 2, 3, etc mph and the same for incline, so I can spin it up to 2.5 mph with two button presses (short press 2, long press 5). The incline buttons work similarly. It also has user-programmable interval training buttons where you can program the "recovery" button to one speed+incline and the "work" button for another speed+incline. Once you program it, it's just a matter of hitting the buttons during interval training to switch between the two settings. Costco's website doesn't have a close-up of the control panel for the Sport 6.0 and ProForm's website only shows the Sport 5.0 and 7.5 models in the Sport line (but both of those models did have these buttons).

Those buttons are wonderful features. I've actually never even tried the built-in programs because the quick buttons let me set up exactly what I want. If I want a brisk walk, I can start at 2.5mph for a warm up then transition to 3.0 mph with just a couple of button presses. If I want interval training, I can program the interval training buttons at the start (I unplug my treadmill between use, so I don't know if it would retain the information if left plugged in) and just swap between with one button press.

When I am traveling, I find the quick buttons and interval buttons are the features that I miss the most. Having to hit speed-up/speed-down or incline-up/incline-down really puts a damper on interval training if the hotel treadmill does not have these features. I usually end up just settling for a brisk 30 minute walk instead.
Radjob4me

Post by Radjob4me »

Have not tried that model, but my two pieces of advice:

- Make sure that you are honest with yourself and decide up front if really enjoy using treadmills/home exercise equipment. And if so, make sure that you have a place to put it that is conducive to exercise and doesn't vibrate the whole house. I tried to convince my wife that she has never liked treadmills but last year she was convinced that she really wanted one and would use it all winter and then when it was hot in the summer. Been turned on maybe 5 times, mostly by me, as she loves going to the local track for free with her friends no matter the weather...

- So with that in mind, maybe try craigslist in your area - we got a higher end Sole F80 treadmill, barely used - the original buyers also never used it :) for about half list price (originally 1500, got it for 725). I had seen even better deals, but they were a couple of hours away and paid a bit more for one that was closer to my house.

Now if you are in the western New England or Albany area, have I got a treadmill deal for you!