Canary Islands for a Wedding

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Myopic squirrel

Canary Islands for a Wedding

Post by Myopic squirrel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Folks,

Attending an upcoming wedding at the end of October in the Canary Islands, departing from BWI (Baltimore). Any recommendations as to the most direct route (other than "as the bird flies" remarks *G*) are greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Re: Canary Islands for a Wedding

Post by Taylor Larimore » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Myopic squirrel:

In 1994 I did a transatlantic crossing from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean in a 40-foot sailboat. It was a "direct route." :wink:

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle

soboggled

Post by soboggled » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Taylor Larimore wrote:
Myopic squirrel wrote:Folks,

In 1994 I did a transatlantic crossing from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean in a 40-foot sailboat. It was a "direct route." :wink:

Best wishes.
Taylor

Invitees may be tempted to replicate that feat to save money.

campy2010

Post by campy2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Scratching my head wondering whether this a humblebrag or a real question? If you include the dates and times someone might search Kayak and set up an itinerary for you. I imagine the most direct route is probably on a private plane, but it may not be the most cost effective option.

centrifuge41

Post by centrifuge41 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:40 pm

From BWI? Considering that the only tatl flights are KEF on WowAir, Heathrow on BA, and Frankfurt on Condor (charter/seasonal), I'd say BWI-LHR on BA, and then Las Palmas/Mallorca/Tenerife on Iberia Express. You could (theoretically) do one stop through Frankfurt too, but that's farther and you might be piecing things together like Lego.

What about flying from IAD/PHL? There's tons of tatl options from IAD/PHL.

Myopic squirrel

Post by Myopic squirrel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Taylor - WOW! Sounds as if it were a dream trip - glad someone is living life the way it's supposed to be lived.

Campy - your private plane comment is interesting & definitely bears looking into - thank you.

Centrifuge - many thanks for your suggestions - all excellent starting points!