How many of you have cut cord?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Ryanlion8506

How many of you have cut cord?

Post by Ryanlion8506 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:52 pm

If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry. Just curious? We have just officially cut the cord with cable/satellite a few weeks ago with direct tv and I must say it feels liberating. Even as a sports fan, I'm noticing I spend more quality time with my wife and daughter in the evenings. I read more now. I no longer have a $80-100 cable bill. We do have Netflix, but we have always had that and it gets used a lot for $8 per month here. I have thought about sling tv for $20 month during football season and/or mlb.tv to watch all my baseball games, but again...takes away time with family to focus on everyone else's lives.

I knows that sounds insane to my sports friends out there, but I wanted to get your take.

navyasw02

Re: How many of you have cut cord?

Post by navyasw02 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Not a true cord cutter because I have cable that is included in my rent, but I have only turned on my cable box exactly 4 times in the last 2 years. I find most of my watched content comes from Netflix or Amazon Prime and I dont miss cheesy Network TV at all.

Toons

Post by Toons » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Count me in .
A couple of years ago.
Netflix,Youtube and
whatever else is on the web,
more than suffices. :happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

montanagirl

Post by montanagirl » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 pm

We cut cable in 2009, signed on briefly again and have been off again since maybe 2012. I admit I miss the company of cable TV news and finance channels, though it really is just noise. I would get angry and just shut the thing off anyway. I also miss Turner Classic movies.

Now we have a Roku TV and we use OTA with a Mohu outdoor antenna and stream Netflix and sometimes CBSN or Sky News. I am trying to spend more time reading and playing piano.
Last edited by montanagirl on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mptfan

Post by mptfan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:19 pm

I cut the cable tv cord about 2-3 years ago and I am glad that I did. I no longer pay for cable TV. I get my TV content from the following sources:

1. Over the air channels with a rabbit ear antenna in my attic. I get about a dozen or so very good and clear channels with good content, and my favorite is the local PBS affiliate. Some of the channels, including PBS, are in 1080 HD over the air. Yes, that is correct, I get 1080 HD digital audio and video using my rabbit ear antenna. Sometimes people do not believe me when I say that because they have been brainwashed by the cable industry to think that the only way to get HD is by cable, and that is just wrong.

2. Netflix. There is so much great content on there.

3. PBS online through the internet. There is lots of great content there, including great documentaries.

4. Charlie Rose.com.

5. Google Play streaming. I have to pay to download tv shows and movies, usually 2.99 to watch a recently released movie. You can also buy whole seasons of some TV shows usually for $12 to $20 or more depending on the show.

6. Amazon Prime. This is similar to Google Play, but they do have some free content if you are a Prime member.

I am very glad that I no longer have cable TV, and I really do not miss it at all. I will admit that for the first few weeks after I cancelled, I suffered from withdrawal of not having 24/7 news from CNN and other cable news outlets, but after a while I have adjusted and I feel better about not being caught up in the constant cycle of "breaking news" because the federal reserve just announced they will be considering a .25% change in the fed funds rate at their next meeting. I definitely DO NOT miss the constant barage of commercials, I have gotten spoiled by watching most movies and shows without commercial breaks.
Last edited by mptfan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I eat risk for breakfast. :)

Da5id

Post by Da5id » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Some whining from kids, but yep. We have internet only. No cable (but do have NetFlix). We have only Ooma for home phone service, and have cells.

Mind you, we get a ton of OTA channels, and have a TiVO to record. We do feel a bit left out on sports, and it is the only real thing I miss. Just don't currently miss it enough to justify the high costs of cable. It is a shame that local baseball and hockey games mostly aren't OTA here (both cable only). And would have been happy to have some of the recent/ongoing soccer games too. I do occasionally look at the various over the internet options to get those sports, but haven't found the right thing yet.

cmf

Post by cmf » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:23 pm

We cut the cord about 3 years ago. We use an OTA indoor antenna and get local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS in HD. We get a smattering of other channels. We also have Netflix and Amazon Prime video. Reduced expenses and more time away from TV are both positives to me. :)

rec7

Post by rec7 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:24 pm

I cut the cord years ago. I don't like to watch many shows. I watch some travel shows and some classic star trek once in a while. No way would I pay for TV. What is like now is to play christian music I like it better than TV. I found out that as you grow older TV does not interest me much anymore. Anyone else lose interest in TV as they aged?
Last edited by rec7 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: You might lose money doing anything I say. Although that was not my intent. | Favorite song: Sometimes He Whispers Jay Parrack

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 pm

OTA digital TV (antenna), TiVo Roamio OTA DVR with streaming, Roku2 for sports and additional streaming channels, Smart TV with streaming and BluRay player here. I'm superbly entertained for the monthly cost of my $47 internet service. 8-)
IGNORE the noise! | Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. - Henry David Thoreau

Kenster1

Post by Kenster1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:35 pm

But that's my problem too --- I'm a sports fan. With the Blackhawks the past few years and of course Baseball, Football and Soccer --- it would be a killer for me to give those up. That's my dilemma. In fact, I recently watched most of the Copa America Soccer games recently that just wrapped up.

I also grew up watching the great tennis matches of fiery Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe and also the Great Wayne Gretzsky.

Here's the problem - if i were to give that up - I'd occasionally be spending money (food and drinks) at the local sports bar to watch some of these games!
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Any overconfidence in your ability, willingness and need to take risk may be hazardous to your health.

TonyDAntonio

Post by TonyDAntonio » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Does this count? I switched from Comcast to Directv because my son is an AT&T employee and we get Directv for $10 per month. It's feels even more liberating to not cut the cord but pay like it. I normally have tv on as white noise. Probably not the healthiest of things but now I feel better about only paying $10 for my noise generator.

chx

Post by chx » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 pm

I've never had pay-tv, but have had an antenna on my roof for 36 years. I did need to get a bigger antenna when the signal changed from analog to digital, but I get plenty of stations and augment that with a rotation of netflix, amazon prime, and hulu. Sometimes my son brings over his roku stick and we watch espn together on sling tv, which he subscribes to.

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 pm

I have "sort of" cut the cord.

MidCo internet ($38/month), Amazon Fire TV, Playstation Vue ($34.99/month), OTA for locals, Netflix ($11.99) and HBO Now ($14.99/month).

All this is much less than our previous DirecTV bill alone. I would cancel Netflix but the 3 kids seem to watch that most of the time. I don't watch Netflix or TV much in general. So even at $100/month it is probably overkill. My wife and 3 kids disagree. :oops:

I am very impressed with Playstation Vue. Great features and value. I originally did not have Fox Sports North, but that is resolved and I am quite pleased with the quality, service and pretty deep channel lineup.

HBO Now is the splurge. I figure if my wife and I went to 1 movie per month, that would be in the $25 to $30 range. :moneybag
Last edited by bloom2708 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We are here not to please but to provoke thoughtfulness" Unknown Boglehead

mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:44 pm

I've had a Netflix account since May 2005 (early adopter) and I've have never had cable/satellite. Do I count as a cord cutter? If so, then 11 years.

CedarWaxWing

Post by CedarWaxWing » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:46 pm

I have never had cable tv... and never expect to have it. Such a waste of money, and an even worse waste of time.

M

Post by 123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Though I would be very content to cut out cable and just use OTA we keep it primarily for the spouse. Spouse watches a lot of public affairs programming (C-SPANs) that isn't available OTA as well as the cable news channels. Spouse used to curse every time when trying to use the VCR (in olden times) so the On-Demand features allow viewing without much planning ahead. We drop to a lower cost cable package when our promotional rate runs out and also use Amazon and Netflix. We'll probably go back to a broader cable package when we get bored and there's a good 24-month promotional rate available with Comcast. Currently it seems Comcast is trying to get users to upgrade to their "X1" system in our area and expecting customers to be stuck with bundled internet, TV, and phone once their promotional prices end. I'm not interested in getting stuck with that hardware upgrade for the sake of a promotional price yet.

With so many of the multi-cast TV stations (ie 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3) available we really enjoy some of the older TV content (Decades etc) that we may have missed (or largely forgotten about). We're in no rush to watch the latest new cable series, they all show up pretty soon on Netflix or Amazon, so we need less and less cable.

With our current cable package we get no cable sports channels so we may have to upgrade for the college football season since many of those games are only available on cable sports channels. But we could upgrade our package for 3 or 4 months and then chop it again if we're stuck paying the regular rate.
Last edited by 123 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

retire14

Post by retire14 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 pm

We have for almost a year now. Getting OTA for local and Sling TV for CNN and ESPN. Watch free videos with Amazon Prime.
It is not convenient as we have to switch input from OTA to Sling. Sling streaming is very slow to start on Firestick. But over all, we are Ok. Subscribed to Netflix for a month and realized that we were not watching that much, so we canceled.

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:48 pm

Kenster1 wrote:But that's my problem too --- I'm a sports fan. With the Blackhawks the past few years and of course Baseball, Football and Soccer --- it would be a killer for me to give those up. That's my dilemma. In fact, I recently watched most of the Copa America Soccer games recently that just wrapped up.

I also grew up watching the great tennis matches of fiery Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe and also the Great Wayne Gretzsky.

Here's the problem - if i were to give that up - I'd occasionally be spending money (food and drinks) at the local sports bar to watch some of these games!

You may want to take a look at slingTV. They have a number of sports networks available and seem to be adding more. Plus there are add-ons to broaden the lineup. At the current time they'll throw in a free Roku2 or 1/2 price Roku3 (to get sling to your TV) with a 3-month subscription. Subscriptions are around $20/month and are month-to-month so you can just subscribe for the months you're interested in or switch packages from month to month. We use it to get in-market MLB baseball games without cable and will likely subscribe to a different package to get college basketball in the winter.
IGNORE the noise! | Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. - Henry David Thoreau

MathWizard

Post by MathWizard » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:53 pm

I've only had cable for a few years when living where an antenna was not practical, otherwise OTA all
the way. I added netflix 2 years ago.

tainted-meat

Post by tainted-meat » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:55 pm

I've only had cable for one year out of the last 7 years and currently don't have it. I KET (local PBS station) on Friday nights and that is all. Read the WSJ, novels or play tennis. I don't miss TV at all.

ray.james

Post by ray.james » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm

I haven't had cable since I left home for college. Early Netflix adopter. Thinking of HBO now. OTA channels do the trick. Internet live casting does most of the other content I watch. So does a sizable chunk in my generation. Except for those that are huge games fan, most of us survive on Netflix.
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939

cpw84

Post by cpw84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 pm

FrugalInvestor wrote:
Kenster1 wrote:But that's my problem too --- I'm a sports fan. With the Blackhawks the past few years and of course Baseball, Football and Soccer --- it would be a killer for me to give those up. That's my dilemma. In fact, I recently watched most of the Copa America Soccer games recently that just wrapped up.

You may want to take a look at slingTV. They have a number of sports networks available and seem to be adding more. Plus there are add-ons to broaden the lineup. At the current time they'll throw in a free Roku2 or 1/2 price Roku3 (to get sling to your TV) with a 3-month subscription. Subscriptions are around $20/month and are month-to-month so you can just subscribe for the months you're interested in or switch packages from month to month. We use it to get in-market MLB baseball games without cable and will likely subscribe to a different package to get college basketball in the winter.

+1

Also, you'd be saving so much on cable that you'd still come out ahead hitting a sports bar for the bigger events. And you get a meal and some drinks for that cost. That was my rationalization for cutting cable knowing that I would still want to watch a lot of college football.

Tamarind

Post by Tamarind » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Never had a cord to cut. Have been internet only since I bought my house. Prior to owning I was always a subletter so while I probably paid a share I never had a contract.

dave_k

Post by dave_k » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm considering it. I'm tired of paying $135/mo for DirecTV. It keeps creeping up (faster than inflation it seems), even though I occasionally complain and get them to lower it for a while. Would switch to OTA Tivo or similar, Roku, Netflix, etc. Maybe an HTPC. Threads like this where people overwhelmingly say they are glad they did it are encouraging.

My wife and I also own a vacation rental with the same expensive DirecTV service, and it would be great if we could get away without it there as well. Any thoughts on whether you would be disappointed with a vacation rental that didn't have satellite or cable and relied on OTA and internet based service?

Intens

Post by Intens » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Ryanlion8506 wrote:If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry. Just curious? We have just officially cut the cord with cable/satellite a few weeks ago with direct tv and I must say it feels liberating. Even as a sports fan, I'm noticing I spend more quality time with my wife and daughter in the evenings. I read more now. I no longer have a $80-100 cable bill. We do have Netflix, but we have always had that and it gets used a lot for $8 per month here. I have thought about sling tv for $20 month during football season and/or mlb.tv to watch all my baseball games, but again...takes away time with family to focus on everyone else's lives.

I knows that sounds insane to my sports friends out there, but I wanted to get your take.

If you have internet, you still have the cord. Hardly something to brag about.

My basic cable is only $17/month, and I need it since I am about midway two major markets.
Last edited by Intens on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Do you have broadband internet at home? If so, get yourself a Roku or similar box, and stream Netflix to your TV. We do that, much nicer watching Marvel Agents of SHIELD on a 60" TV than a 24" monitor.
:beer
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

Elsebet

Post by Elsebet » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:27 pm

No cable here for over 5 years. At first we just had Netflix, but we've added Hulu Plus and HBO Now recently. We use a Roku 3 and it works seamlessly.

Non7WoodUser

Post by Non7WoodUser » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:29 pm

We considered it, but realized we would not get fair and balanced news without cable.

miles monroe

Post by miles monroe » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:30 pm

i'm guessing i'd save $100 if i stopped cable (i'd keep the cable internet). thats $25 a week for a lot of entertainment so i'm not in a rush to end it. with sling i can get the atlanta hawks games which is the main reason for cable. sticking point now is if i'm home at 9:00 i watch the kelly file on fox. its the only talking head show i watch now and i enjoy the indepth coverage it provides on the stories they cover. as far as i can tell ya gotta have cable/satellite to get it. if that show became a non cable option i'd cut the cord. but again, at $25 at week its no big deal.

jebmke

Post by jebmke » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:36 pm

mptfan wrote:3. PBS online through the internet. There is lots of great content there, including great documentaries.

Is there a way to stream PBS "real time" -- e.g. PBS News Hour and other shows that have time dependent content? I have a ROKU but I haven't explored what is available.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:41 pm

jebmke wrote:
mptfan wrote:3. PBS online through the internet. There is lots of great content there, including great documentaries.

Is there a way to stream PBS "real time" -- e.g. PBS News Hour and other shows that have time dependent content? I have a ROKU but I haven't explored what is available.

I get PBS through my antenna (OTA) and either watch it real-time or record it on my TiVo OTA DVR.

I do believe that there's a PBS application for the Roku but the Newshour is delayed by a day (yesterday's news).

harikaried

Post by harikaried » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Last we had cable TV was part of our rent, so when we bought our house 7 years ago, we cut the cord. Probably saved almost $5000 in that time not paying for cable TV. Although we probably paid 15% of that savings for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

abner kravitz

Post by abner kravitz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:04 pm

The problem, in my locale anyway, is that solid standalone internet service is expensive. I pay about $60 a month more for every cable channel (and a phone) than I would for just the internet. I am OK with that - I don't watch a ton of TV but can't do without pro football and ice hockey. To me it's worth it.

renue74

Post by renue74 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:09 pm

I just cut the cord this week. We were paying $163/month for direct tv.

I'm installing an antenna in my attic and we signed on to Playstation VUE ($29/month). Plus, we already had Netflix and Hulu.

Playstation VUE is really, really new, but it's been working well. We get live TV and saved episodes. I've got to look into a DVR solution.

I did have to upgrade our wireless router and I bought a few chromecast devices ($35/each).

All in all, it will save us $1596/year, but who's counting. :)

grettman

Post by grettman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Cut it a year and half ago. Regret that I didn't do it 5 yrs earlier. Netflix plus prime plus HDTV ANTENNA, plus the savings equals no brainer...

simplesimon

Post by simplesimon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:21 pm

We pay for basic channels (don't want to mess with an antennae in our apartment) and have HBO Go, Netflix, and MLB.TV all on a Roku 3. This fulfills 90% of our tv watching needs. We decided it's okay to miss out on everything ESPN and NBC Sports related.

jebmke

Post by jebmke » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:21 pm

FrugalInvestor wrote:I get PBS through my antenna (OTA) and either watch it real-time or record it on my TiVo OTA DVR.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I think we are out of range for antenna viewing unless we put up a tower. I'll have to do some checking on that, though. It could be that there is some sort of relay in the area that re-transmits signals from the DC or Baltimore stations (I live on the eastern side of the Chesapeake Bay).

Short of buying and trying an antenna, do you know if there are any ways to find out what OTA television coverage (not just PBS) is available in an area?
edit: just found this site
https://www.tablotv.com/tools/
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:36 pm

dave_k wrote:I'm considering it. I'm tired of paying $135/mo for DirecTV. It keeps creeping up (faster than inflation it seems), even though I occasionally complain and get them to lower it for a while. Would switch to OTA Tivo or similar, Roku, Netflix, etc. Maybe an HTPC. Threads like this where people overwhelmingly say they are glad they did it are encouraging.

My wife and I also own a vacation rental with the same expensive DirecTV service, and it would be great if we could get away without it there as well. Any thoughts on whether you would be disappointed with a vacation rental that didn't have satellite or cable and relied on OTA and internet based service?

I would not be disappointed with a vacation rental that had an Amazon Fire TV and Playstation Vue. Most leave instructions for cable with the rental unit. I guess you would have to worry about if the vacationers got logged out. You could have an account and simply change the password after each stay. I guess there is some risk there, but no more than other areas of having a vacation rental. We recently stayed at a VRBO in Anthem, AZ. We brought an Amazon Fire Stick with so we had access to our usual items.

You would have to verify your internet is decent with a decent router and make sure you don't have low bandwidth usage caps. It is probably easier to fire up an Amazon Fire TV or Roku than a cable box these days.

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

jebmke wrote:
FrugalInvestor wrote:I get PBS through my antenna (OTA) and either watch it real-time or record it on my TiVo OTA DVR.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I think we are out of range for antenna viewing unless we put up a tower. I'll have to do some checking on that, though. It could be that there is some sort of relay in the area that re-transmits signals from the DC or Baltimore stations (I live on the eastern side of the Chesapeake Bay).

Short of buying and trying an antenna, do you know if there are any ways to find out what OTA television coverage (not just PBS) is available in an area?

http://www.antennaweb.org/

bawr

Post by bawr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 pm

I haven't had a TV since 2001.

leonard

Post by leonard » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Have never had a cable cord.

No way am I committing an ongoing $100+ month for something that is free over the air or online.
Leonard | | Market Timing: Do you seriously think you can predict the future? What else do the voices tell you? | | If employees weren't taking jobs with bad 401k's, bad 401k's wouldn't exist.

Da5id

Post by Da5id » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

leonard wrote:No way am I committing an ongoing $100+ month for something that is free over the air or online.

Much of what is on cable is not free online, unless you mean by illegal means not to be discussed here?!?

That said, you can get some of what is on cable free. E.g. I watch Game of Thrones on DVD from my local library, a season late...

Rotarman

Post by Rotarman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Da5id wrote:
leonard wrote:No way am I committing an ongoing $100+ month for something that is free over the air or online.

Much of what is on cable is not free online, unless you mean by illegal means not to be discussed here?!?

I've also never had a cord. Many shows are available on amazon for purchase right after they finish premiering on TV. If something literally isn't available to be purchased or watched except by buying a $100 buying a cable package, I don't feel bad about acquiring it via "means not to be discussed". I know it's wrong, but its such an inefficient system that they refuse to let their show be watched online for any amount of money knowing full well that it can be watched for free easily and instantaneously.

Da5id

Post by Da5id » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Rotarman wrote:I've also never had a cord. Many shows are available on amazon for purchase right after they finish premiering on TV. If something literally isn't available to be purchased or watched except by buying a $100 buying a cable package, I don't feel bad about acquiring it via "means not to be discussed". I know it's wrong, but its such an inefficient system that they refuse to let their show be watched online for any amount of money knowing full well that it can be watched for free easily and instantaneously.

We all make our own value judgments. Sounds like rationalizing theft to me though.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:19 pm

cord free for 7 months, great decision. Hulu, Antenna, and Amazon Prime.

jebmke

Post by jebmke » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Da5id wrote:Sounds like rationalizing theft to me though.

Yep

Trev H

Post by Trev H » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:20 pm

I cut the cord a few years back... will never go back.

We pay for Hulu Plus and NetFlix and get a lot of other stuff free with our Roku Player including Youtube.

I also have a ChromeBox hooked to my UHD TV so can use it as computer too.

I installed a long range unidirectional tv antenna and we get all of our local channels + several more over the air for free. Something like 30 channels there. Antenna is installed in attic, and we are 55-60 miles from most of our broadcast stations which come out of Nashville TN.

We are perfectly happy with what we have, no desire for cable or dish again at all.

Trev H

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:30 pm

jebmke wrote:

I'm not familiar with that site but I have used this one....

http://www.antennaweb.org/

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:35 pm

I haven't had cable in 2 years. I have internet, an OTA antenna (get regular channels, ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, PBS, etc.) and since I am my parents on call tech consultant I get to use their Netflix and cable logins in order to watch Netflix, ESPN, HBO Go, CNN, etc. on my Apple TV.

If that weren't an option I might consider sling TV.

MathWizard

Post by MathWizard » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Fortune says 1 in 5, and I suspect among this LBYM group, that percentage is higher.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/05/household-cable-cord-cutters/