Has anyone else gotten a call from 0?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
mrehal

Has anyone else gotten a call from 0?

Post by mrehal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Got a call from 0 about an hour ago, telling me my MasterCard was locked and account frozen.
The automated message then told me to enter my credit card number. Obviously, I knew better.
I went online to my non frozen account and called my CC company and confirmed that there were no issues with my card.
Just wanted to make others aware and see if anyone else has gotten a call like this.

Mike

jebmke

Re: Has anyone else gotten a call from 0?

Post by jebmke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:05 pm

I get calls from 0 but never answer. I also get calls from myself at my number.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

Phineas J. Whoopee

Post by Phineas J. Whoopee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Among the many wonders of Voice Over Internet Protocol, VOIP, is it has become trivially easy to spoof any originating phone number.

And yes, there was a time when I did, occasionally, get a call from 0, the operator. Usually it was to ask if I'd accept reversing the charges.

PJW

Toons

Post by Toons » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:24 pm

Not as of yet but thanks for making me aware :happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:36 pm

I'm laughing because we don't have caller ID and don't care who we get calls from because we are not going to answer anyways. And if they leave a voice message, we delete it before listening to it. That takes care of all of the phone problems. Try it. It works.
This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

Alex Frakt
Founder

Post by Alex Frakt » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Locked. Notices of phishing or other scams are considered non-actionable unless they are of some particular relevance to our members.