[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
stoptothink

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by stoptothink » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 am

Watched "Big Little Lies" with the wife over the past week. I figured our the ending by about the 3rd (of 8, I think) episodes. For me it was a long slow struggle to the conclusion that I already knew. My wife enjoyed it a lot more than I did.

AAA

Post by AAA » Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 am

BigFoot48 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:35 am
The Hot Zone, now showing on Nat Geo based based on an actual Ebola event, is very good, and as scary as the book was.
I recorded this and got through about 15 minutes but was put off by the obvious product placement. The lady says I'll go get the ----- (brand of soda). A couple of minutes later, her husband repeats the brand name. Ugh.

galectin

Post by galectin » Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Watching with the DW shows from Netflix/Amazon Prime/DVDs from the public library:

Just finished available "Bones" episodes

"The Closer"

"Major Crimes" (Library DVD)--continuation of "The Closer" with a switch of principal character

Just started "Monk"

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Bosch, Season 1, on Amazon Prime. I haven't read the books, as I'm mostly into sci-fi.

My first impression - Bosch is a modern-day incarnation of Joe Friday. The short back-and-forth "just the facts" dialog is eerily similar to the Dragnet TV series I watched when I was kid - I watched every episode. Bosch even acts like Joe Friday in vague sort of way. Not to mention both series take place in Los Angeles.

Not knowing what will happen after the first episode, I have a feeling I'm going to be watching all 5 seasons. This series is well produced; the dialog has a lot of subtlety and holds my interest.

==============================
I just finished The 100, on Netflix (5 seasons). Season 5 seemed to drag in the beginning and the dialog was somewhat predictable. However, the last few episodes rapidly picked up in intensity and ended in a way I didn't expect.

Season 6 is expected to show on Netflix sometime in August.

Heads up: Black Mirror Season 5 will be available starting June 5th, but will only have 3 episodes.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Tue May 28, 2019 11:03 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 pm
Bosch, Season 1, on Amazon Prime. I haven't read the books, as I'm mostly into sci-fi.

My first impression - Bosch is a modern-day incarnation of Joe Friday. The short back-and-forth "just the facts" dialog is eerily similar to the Dragnet TV series I watched when I was kid - I watched every episode. Bosch even acts like Joe Friday in vague sort of way. Not to mention both series take place in Los Angeles.

Not knowing what will happen after the first episode, I have a feeling I'm going to be watching all 5 seasons. This series is well produced; the dialog has a lot of subtlety and holds my interest.
I've seen all the Bosch episodes available at this time. I hope there will be more. Like Dragnet, it is a police procedural, and a good one. I can see the Joe Friday similarity now that you point it out but, as you say, only vaguely. The gruffness is there but Bosch can be more subtle (again, as you say) and has a sense of humor. I found one Bosch quote on IMDB. I think it shows both the gruffness and the humor:
  • Jerry Edgar: Golf is a great sport.
    Harry Bosch: Golf is not a great sport. If you can smoke and drink while doing it, it's not a sport.
In any case it is a great show and I think you will enjoy it.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet

mhalley

Post by mhalley » Wed May 29, 2019 2:26 pm

Killing Eve (BBCA) is awesome. Sandra Oh is terrific as an MI 5 agent with a love/ hate relationship with a female assassin. I can’t wait to play a video game where I can name my character Villanelle.
The paid subscription service dc universe has put out a couple of great comic book shows. Titans is a gritty take on the teen titans superheroes, and Doom Patrol is a dark humor/ psychological story of some extremely broken people with powers.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 pm

“Lost in Space” on Netflix. Very good.
John C. Bogle - Two Fund Portfolio: Total Stock & Total Bond. "Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

barreg

Post by barreg » Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm

bertilak wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:03 pm
LadyGeek wrote:

I've seen all the Bosch episodes available at this time. I hope there will be more. Like Dragnet, it is a police procedural, and a good one. I can see the Joe Friday similarity now that you point it out but, as you say, only vaguely. The gruffness is there but Bosch can be more subtle (again, as you say) and has a sense of humor. I found one Bosch quote on IMDB. I think it shows both the gruffness and the humor:
    Harry Bosch: Golf is not a great sport. If you can smoke and drink while doing it, it's not a sport.
Also, the books by Michael Connelly are very good

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 pm

abuss368 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 pm
I wasn't impressed. Google suggests Season 2 will be forthcoming, but I don't have much interest to watch it.
LadyGeek wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 pm
Lost in Space. I purposely didn't watch the trailer preview, as I wanted to wait until the first season was available.

As someone who grew up watching every episode of the original series, my expectations were high. So much for expectations. The first episode seemed boring to me, but the suspense picked up near the end. I think this series will appeal to kids.

I'm giving this series a few episodes to settle down and will continue watching. Meh.

(I'm also watching Dexter.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:08 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 pm
abuss368 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 pm
I wasn't impressed. Google suggests Season 2 will be forthcoming, but I don't have much interest to watch it.
LadyGeek wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 pm
Lost in Space. I purposely didn't watch the trailer preview, as I wanted to wait until the first season was available.

As someone who grew up watching every episode of the original series, my expectations were high. So much for expectations. The first episode seemed boring to me, but the suspense picked up near the end. I think this series will appeal to kids.

I'm giving this series a few episodes to settle down and will continue watching. Meh.

(I'm also watching Dexter.)
I heard Dexter is good. Have not watched it yet.
John C. Bogle - Two Fund Portfolio: Total Stock & Total Bond. "Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 pm

The first 7 seasons were indeed very good. The 8th (and last) season should be skipped.

Jackson12

Post by Jackson12 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:16 pm

Professor T on PBS Masterpiece. Stick with it. It gets better and better with each episode.
Mindhunter. When is it returning? It’s been awhile.

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Watched season one of Luther,played by Idris Elba,BBC detective series.Very intense and a bit bloody for my tastes but excellent.It is on Amazon prime and has 6 episodes.Bosch on steroids. :D
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.

Koogie

Post by Koogie » Thu May 30, 2019 5:00 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 pm
The first 7 seasons were indeed very good. The 8th (and last) season should be skipped.
You must be talking about Game of Thrones.... :P

Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:40 am

Started Catch 22 on Hulu. Read the book back in the 70's so I remember it as anti war/ absurdity and chaotic.
Had to overcome a bit of distaste for George Clooney, I must say this series really is well written, produced, directed and acted. The portrayal of Italians during that time I think is very thoughtfully considered, which makes sense since George spends so much time there.
Probably won't watch with my wife due to a lot of graphic images. The bombing run scenes are amazing and if accurate, I can understand why my uncle never flew on another plane in his life after completing his missions...and he was a tough as they come!

You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:52 pm

barreg wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm
bertilak wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:03 pm
LadyGeek wrote:

Also, the books by Michael Connelly are very good
Yes. I love the books and the TV series. While acknowledging the similarities to Dragnet, I think the characters in Bosch are much more developed. Many are very complex. Most important, the TV series absolutely nails the character of Harry Bosch -- a perfect portrayal. I'm not sure how to describe it, perhaps dedicated and snarky. And of course, there is a lot of intense politics and some corruption in the police department that, while not always believable, adds to some riveting plots.

You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 am

Capsu78 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:40 am
Started Catch 22 on Hulu. Read the book back in the 70's so I remember it as anti war/ absurdity and chaotic.
Had to overcome a bit of distaste for George Clooney, I must say this series really is well written, produced, directed and acted. The portrayal of Italians during that time I think is very thoughtfully considered, which makes sense since George spends so much time there.
Probably won't watch with my wife due to a lot of graphic images. The bombing run scenes are amazing and if accurate, I can understand why my uncle never flew on another plane in his life after completing his missions...and he was a tough as they come!
Thank you for mentioning this series and especially your final comment. If the bombing-run scenes are that good, I want to see the series. (My dad flew out of Italy in WW2, was shot down on his third mission, survived the parachute jump, capture, rough transfers, and German POW camp. After WW2 he continued to fly, with the Air National Guard. However, unlike former President George H. W. Bush, he NEVER jumped out of a perfectly good airplane just for fun. IIRC from my Air Force studies and other books, the statistics also showed how dangerous such missions were. I think the mortality rate for aircrews was actually higher than for soldiers.)

aspirit

Post by aspirit » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:06 am

This seems a podcasted mixture of mediums of different sorts like graphs, pictures, guidelines w/coffee-can like-investing production.

100 Baggers by Cris Mayer on YouTube TV. About 30min.
It's a finance based mixed presentation.
Its outside but endorses index investing.

I read the book a couple times.
I thought it was good as a book also.
This seems still helpful w/insights.

Best wishes.... :happy
Time & tides wait for no one. A man has to know his limitations. | "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" | — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild ~

DiploInvestor

Post by DiploInvestor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:58 am

Peaky Blinders

Season 5 will be out this summer, I believe. Only 6 episodes per season, which seems about average for British series. It’s a great fictionalized account of a historically real turn-of-the-century Birmingham crime family. Well done and addictive!
"History doesn’t repeat itself, but it often rhymes." -- Mark Twain

Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:20 am

You Know What I Mean wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 am
Capsu78 wrote:
Thank you for mentioning this series and especially your final comment. If the bombing-run scenes are that good, I want to see the series. (My dad flew out of Italy in WW2, was shot down on his third mission, survived the parachute jump, capture, rough transfers, and German POW camp. After WW2 he continued to fly, with the Air National Guard. However, unlike former President George H. W. Bush, he NEVER jumped out of a perfectly good airplane just for fun. IIRC from my Air Force studies and other books, the statistics also showed how dangerous such missions were. I think the mortality rate for aircrews was actually higher than for soldiers.)
My uncle was based in Italy as well. While his primary military paperwork was carelessly tossed out after he passed away, we found a picture of him standing next to his Liberator, smoking a cigarette after a belly landing with no landing gear in his units website. He was a gunnery Sargent which I assume means "defensive coordinator" when being hassled by enemy planes... however, this TV series shows just how quickly your life could end from any number of ghastly outcomes. I watched the bonus footage from the series, and realism was a top priority- even the planes used for filming were over 70 years old.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:15 am

I just started Season 2 of Bosch (Amazon Prime) and was wondering if anyone has noticed the very cool geometric symmetry in the city and neighborhood screen shots. The colors are also interesting. It's an art form in its own right. The episode's opening credits are awesome.

It reminds me of the pastel color themes used in Dexter (Netflix), which is classic Miami.

michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:22 am

I watched the first episode of Chernobyl and Sharp Objects. Neither grabbed me, but I will probably continue and see if they get better.

I am also watching The Son. I didn't think I would like it as I am not really into Western type shows. However, I've found it to be interesting, different and enjoyable. There are two episodes left to air for the second and final season.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:45 am

LadyGeek wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:15 am
I just started Season 2 of Bosch (Amazon Prime) and was wondering if anyone has noticed the very cool geometric symmetry in the city and neighborhood screen shots. The colors are also interesting. It's an art form in its own right. The episode's opening credits are awesome.
It reminds me of the pastel color themes used in Dexter (Netflix), which is classic Miami.
The opening credits are great; music especially. I am not so enamored of the acting and writing, but de gustibus non est disputandum.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

Taz

Post by Taz » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 am

Finished Endgame (on Amazon Prime), a short-lived Canadian drama about a Russian chess grand-master afraid to leave his hotel who solves mysteries. Interesting character. Disappointed that it ended after 13 episodes.

Taz
The destination matters.

nexesn

Post by nexesn » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Deadwood on Amazon (Produced by HBO). For those who are offended by lots of foulmouth language, I would avoid the show. I started watching it after listening to an NPR interview with the writer. Apparently the language is pretty true to form for gold diggers and the Wild West.

You Know What I Mean

Post by You Know What I Mean » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:48 am

Capsu78 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:20 am
You Know What I Mean wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 am
Capsu78 wrote:
My uncle was based in Italy as well. While his primary military paperwork was carelessly tossed out after he passed away, we found a picture of him standing next to his Liberator, smoking a cigarette after a belly landing with no landing gear in his units website. He was a gunnery Sargent which I assume means "defensive coordinator" when being hassled by enemy planes... however, this TV series shows just how quickly your life could end from any number of ghastly outcomes. I watched the bonus footage from the series, and realism was a top priority- even the planes used for filming were over 70 years old.
Thanks!

Go Blue 99

Post by Go Blue 99 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm

My wife and I enjoyed "Dead to Me" on Netflix. It's a comedy/drama/mystery, and only ten 30 minute episodes. If you liked "Big Little Lies", you will probably like this.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8064302/?r ... f_=nv_sr_1

devdude

Post by devdude » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:57 pm

A British sitcom called Catastrophe on Amazon Prime.

A guy named Rob impregnates a gal named Sharon while on a business trip in London. They decide to get married and he moves to London. Their real names are Rob and Sharon and they write the series. The writing is great and it's super funny.
The Dude Abides by Simplicity

Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 pm

According To Jim on the Laff Network. Very funny and its free.

aspirit

Post by aspirit » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:20 pm

"Whistleblowers" :happy Fri nites.
Time & tides wait for no one. A man has to know his limitations. | "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" | — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild ~

bobcat2

Post by bobcat2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Mesmerizing, frightening, intense, heroic, frustrating, cerebral, grim - Chernobyl

BobK
In finance risk is defined as uncertainty that is consequential (nontrivial). | The two main methods of dealing with financial risk are the matching of assets to goals & diversifying.

House Blend

Post by House Blend » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Thumbs up for Russian Doll, a short series (8 x 25 minutes) available on Netflix.

The main character keeps dying and returning in a time warp back to her 36th birthday party. Initially it seems like a retread of Groundhog Day, but eventually it wanders off into new territory that for me makes it compelling.

There is an underlying tone of humor, but not the Bill Murray/Groundhog Day variety. Nadia (played by Natasha Lyonne) aptly describes herself in one of the later episodes as "a cross between Andrew Dice Clay and the girl from Brave."

As with any story dealing in time paradoxes, there are many ways to get it wrong, such as taking yourself too seriously (Interstellar), or making stuff up that has no internal consistency (Lost). But the writers here really stick the landing IMO and finish well.

It's not exactly a rom com, but if you liked GHogDay, or The Adjustment Bureau (a rom com/sci-fi mashup from several years ago), you'd probably like this.

cnblure

Post by cnblure » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:07 pm

The West Wing. Thoroughly recommended. I wish I had watched it sooner.

MDfan

Post by MDfan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:28 pm

bobcat2 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:05 pm
Mesmerizing, frightening, intense, heroic, frustrating, cerebral, grim - Chernobyl

BobK

Chernobyl was really good.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:30 pm

House Blend wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:06 pm
Thumbs up for Russian Doll, a short series (8 x 25 minutes) available on Netflix.
The main character keeps dying and returning in a time warp back to her 36th birthday party. Initially it seems like a retread of Groundhog Day, but eventually it wanders off into new territory that for me makes it compelling.
There is an underlying tone of humor, but not the Bill Murray/Groundhog Day variety. Nadia (played by Natasha Lyonne) aptly describes herself in one of the later episodes as "a cross between Andrew Dice Clay and the girl from Brave."
As with any story dealing in time paradoxes, there are many ways to get it wrong, such as taking yourself too seriously (Interstellar), or making stuff up that has no internal consistency (Lost). But the writers here really stick the landing IMO and finish well.
It's not exactly a rom com, but if you liked GHogDay, or The Adjustment Bureau (a rom com/sci-fi mashup from several years ago), you'd probably like this.
Good review. I had stopped watching; maybe I’ll give it another shot.

MDfan

Post by MDfan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Koogie wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:00 pm
LadyGeek wrote:
The final season of GOT was infinitely better than the final season of Dexter. I didn't care much for the GOT finale, but I thought the rest of the final season was good (not great like the rest of the show).

For a very good show, Dexter had probably the worst series final season and series finale ever.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Go Blue 99 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm
My wife and I enjoyed "Dead to Me" on Netflix. It's a comedy/drama/mystery, and only ten 30 minute episodes. If you liked "Big Little Lies", you will probably like this.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8064302/?r ... f_=nv_sr_1
I enjoyed it also, and was happy to hear that it had been renewed for a second season. The plot is predictable, but delivered with such brio that I didn’t mind it.

apple44

Post by apple44 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm on maternity leave, so I finally got my money's worth for HBO and Netflix!

Recently I watched Bodyguard on Netflix and Chernobyl on HBO, among other shows (I also re-watched all the episodes of GOT).

I highly recommend both. Bodyguard is a political/action thriller very well done! The main character is played by Robb Stark from GOT. He's a lot more handsome and smarter here, haha.

I expected Chernobyl to be very boring and gloomy but turned out it's very engaging, and even though I know the "ending" of the story, it's still very gripping. Writing and acting are both superb! Nice to see a few Mad Men and GOT actors here too.

friar1610

Post by friar1610 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Just watched the first episode of "Spies of Warsaw" on PBS last week. I understand this series is a few years old and may have been broadcast already on some PBS channels. Right up my alley - a historical espionage thriller set in the late 1930's and dealing with the early days of Nazi incursions into neighboring countries in the days leading up to WW2.
Friar1610

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Years ago I had the need for IVs twice a day, and a nurse would come by twice a day.

While I was receiving my IVs, the nurse and I would watch Investigation Discovery channel. The basic premise was someone was murdered, and the show would go from the beginning of the murder, and end with the murderer being caught and prosecuted.

Thus began my addiction. :shock:

I still watch the channel extensively. Some of the episodes were about people I knew.

A member of my Boy Scout patrol was featured one episode. He was recently executed.

Weird thing was I pulled him out of the Sebastian Inlet once in a camping trip.

I should have let him be swept away. :twisted:

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 pm
Years ago I had the need for IVs twice a day, and a nurse would come by twice a day.

While I was receiving my IVs, the nurse and I would watch Investigation Discovery channel. The basic premise was someone was murdered, and the show would go from the beginning of the murder, and end with the murderer being caught and prosecuted.

I still watch the channel extensively. Some of the episodes were about people I knew.

A member of my Boy Scout patrol was featured one episode. He was recently executed.

Broken Man 1999
I watch Forensic Files which has a similar format and occasionally there are episodes featuring places and situations I am familiar with. That's always interesting. I found the show to be pretty accurate!
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet

friar1610

Post by friar1610 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:49 pm

bertilak wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:

Broken Man 1999
I watch Forensic Files which has a similar format and occasionally there are episodes featuring places and situations I am familiar with. That's always interesting. I found the show to be pretty accurate!
The shows you guys are talking about sound pretty authentic. One BBC factionalized drama we watch is "Silent Witness". It's a murder mystery centered on the pathologist who gets to do the autopsies on the victims. And the results generally okay into solving the case (which they always do.) It's in something like its 14th season on PBS but earlier seasons are available on Netflix.
Friar1610

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:16 pm

MDfan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm
Koogie wrote:
LadyGeek wrote:
The final season of GOT was infinitely better than the final season of Dexter. I didn't care much for the GOT finale, but I thought the rest of the final season was good (not great like the rest of the show).

For a very good show, Dexter had probably the worst series final season and series finale ever.
I couldn't imagine anything being worse than GOT season 8; well Jessica Jones season 2 and 3 - actually I couldn't get through either one - and the movie "Crazy Rich Asians". Really, I think GOT finale ruined TV for me, I haven't been able to get into anything since, including some highly rated shows such as Chernobyl (one episode and I just wasn't feeling it) and Boardwalk Empire. We've been watching almost exclusively random stand-up comedy specials the last few months. But thanks for the tip, I'm gonna skip Dexter.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm

^^^ In case it's not clear, my original comment was for the final season of Dexter. I think you'll be missing out by skipping the series entirely. I seem to remember there was "enough" content to consider the series done after Season 7.

=============

I'm now up to Season 3 of Bosch and fully intend to keep going. I find the "Dragnet" dialog style ("just the facts") very enjoyable.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:31 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm
^^^ In case it's not clear, my original comment was for the final season of Dexter. I think you'll be missing out by skipping the series entirely. I seem to remember there was "enough" content to consider the series done after Season 7.

=============

I'm now up to Season 3 of Bosch and fully intend to keep going. I find the "Dragnet" dialog style ("just the facts") very enjoyable.
I know. That is the exact same thing I've heard from everybody who has ever watched Dexter: really good for 7 seasons, skip the last.

Bosch is really formulaic and not super creative or intelligently written, but it is just good entertaining TV. Kind of like "Longmire"; another show that was really good until the final season.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:27 am

bertilak wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:

Broken Man 1999
Forensic Files is quite addictive, you can't watch just one.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:40 am

ruralavalon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:27 am
Forensic Files is quite addictive, you can't watch just one.
Like cat videos! Luckily, there are hundreds of them.

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am

stoptothink wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:16 pm
MDfan wrote:
Koogie wrote:
LadyGeek wrote:

I couldn't imagine anything being worse than GOT season 8; well Jessica Jones season 2 and 3 - actually I couldn't get through either one - and the movie "Crazy Rich Asians". Really, I think GOT finale ruined TV for me, I haven't been able to get into anything since, including some highly rated shows such as Chernobyl (one episode and I just wasn't feeling it) and Boardwalk Empire. We've been watching almost exclusively random stand-up comedy specials the last few months. But thanks for the tip, I'm gonna skip Dexter.
It seems like your expectations are a bit high.It is TV,do you expect,every show to be equivalent to a classic Oscar winning movie?Just curious,not being critical :D
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.

miles monroe

Post by miles monroe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm

mr iglesias on netflix.

comedian gabriel iglisias plays a high school teacher.

kinda dumb family friendly sit com.
but i like dumb. :)

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:12 pm

hoops777 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am
stoptothink wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:16 pm
MDfan wrote:
Koogie wrote:
LadyGeek wrote:

It seems like your expectations are a bit high.It is TV,do you expect,every show to be equivalent to a classic Oscar winning movie?Just curious,not being critical :D
If I named every show I've watched in the past few years that I thoroughly enjoyed, this post would be way too long and I'd be very embarrassed about how much time I've spent watching TV.