VictoriaF wrote:Thank you, Paul, this is useful. I have just reviewed Dell's offerings and may consider one of them. My current Vostro laptop is from 2007.
My front runner at the moment is Vostro 15 3000 which comes with:
- Windows 7 Professional
- 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor
- 4GB memory
- 15.6" screen
- Windows 10 OS Recovery 64bit (on DVD)
- Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
I am adding:
- MS Office Home and Business 2016 (~$200)
- Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (~$80) and
- Dell Slim Power Adapter - 65 Watt (~$40)
The price with my options is ~$870 PLUS tax and shipment, AFTER $536 in Black Friday savings.
It seems to have all the options I need and no features I don't need. I am not price sensitive but don't want to make an obvious mistake. What are chances that after Christmas the same laptop will be $100-$150 cheaper?
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. |
Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)