Cooling pillow ?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Hexdump

Cooling pillow ?

Post by Hexdump » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:38 am

Has anyone bought a cooling pillow that will last the night ?
I need 2 of them and most reviews saw that they warm up pretty fast.
Back sleepers here.

Thanks

nanoanalyzer

Re: Cooling pillow ?

Post by nanoanalyzer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 am

From a thermodynamic point of view, you want a pillow with low bulk density, or high air content, so that there is a low mass of material available to retain heat over time.

I used to sweat through just about every pillow I bought until I tried a buckwheat pillow. Not only are they wonderful at cradling my neck when back sleeping, as well as actually reaching my head when side sleeping (wide shoulders), but there is plenty of airspace to prevent the pillow from overheating.
"If you think stocks are like physics, you believe there must be smart people who can measure exactly where the Dow Jones Industrial Average will be in five months." -Morgan Housel

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:26 am

+1 for buckwheat. I like to sleep on my right side and recently had oral surgery on that side of my mouth. I was incredibly sore in the morning until "dawn broke over Marblehead" and I set up my pillow to support my head without making any contact with my cheek. And yes, they stay cool also :D
Zero Net Carbon by 2019.

drawpoker

Post by drawpoker » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Hexdump wrote:Has anyone bought a cooling pillow that will last the night ?
Back sleepers here.
Timely thread here. Have the same sleep problem. Tried the buckwheat hulls route, helps a little, not much.
Local store has the SensorPEDIC CoolMax brand on a fantastic sale right now, plus I have 40% off coupon.

Can get a king-sized one that is regularly $140 for about $50. Am very tempted to try one at those prices but I don't want to find out they really don't work as well as promised.

Anyone have any good things to say about the SensorPEDIC Cool Max product?

Toons

Post by Toons » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:58 pm

"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

joe8d

Post by joe8d » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Local store has the SensorPEDIC CoolMax brand on a fantastic sale right now, plus I have 40% off coupon.
Would that be J C Penny's? I just ordered one Online a couple days ago ( 40% + extra 20% online off)
All the Best, | Joe

drawpoker

Post by drawpoker » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:04 pm

No, Peebles.

Or, as we locals call it, Pebbles Dept Store where the discriminating shoppers -Barney and Wilma Flintstone - are seen :P :P

Hexdump

Post by Hexdump » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:29 am

Toons wrote:FYI
Cooling Pillow :happy
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8OUCVW?psc=1
I actually bought this and it is in the mail. The buckwheat pillow sounds good and I will wait and see how the pad works.