Lawn Mower Repair

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
grettman

Lawn Mower Repair

Post by grettman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 am

Just had my less than 2 year old Honda repaired. Cost me about 70 dollars. I was hoping it would have been covered under warranty but they told me it was my fault because I used "bad gas". Hard to believe but okay. I decided not to fight it. They said I should find no ethonal gas which is difficult to find. Any recommendations about gas additives? How to prevent this from happening again. I want to eliminate the "bad gas" as possible problem in the future.

livesoft

Re: Lawn Mower Repair

Post by livesoft » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:42 am

I have a lawnmower with a Honda engine. I use "bad gas" all the time and essentially only. No problems in 3 years. Starts always on the first pull.

Do you change the oil? Clean the air filter? Check the spark plug (it can get loose)? Winterize at the end of the season?

Does your gas container have at least a coarse filter in it so that you do not put debris accidently into the lawnmower tank? Do you look in the lawnmower tank for debris and remove it with a turkey baster?
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 am

What was the specific problem and what did they do to fix it. When you search for ethanol and small engines you get all kinds of responses from it will destroy them in weeks to no problems in XX years. Most newer engines should be ok to handle the ethanol so don't believe the stories until you do some research.

For me and my Briggs & Stratton on a Snapper push mower using gas with ethanol its been starting on the first (90% of the time) or second pull since 2009. Changed the oil every other year (~25 hours of run time a year) and I am going to change the air filter, spark plug, etc for the first time after this season is done.

Honda states that their engines are good up to 10% ethanol. I'd go back and ask for a refund and coverage under warranty.

http://engines.honda.com/parts-and-supp ... endations/
Last edited by barnaclebob on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:54 am

Ethanol (which is alcohol) attracts moisture into the gasoline which will eventually separate and then cause corrosion and other problems in the fuel system. There are two steps you need to take when using gasoline with added ethanol (which is pretty much all you can find these days).

1. Use a fuel stabilizer additive. There are various ones. Any hardware store or Home Depot type place that sells small engines will have it. This is what I buy at my local hardware store: http://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bi ... stabilizer

2. Drain the gasoline out of the tank any time you store the lawn mower (or other small engine) for any extended period of time like over the winter. I just drain mine out each fall and pour it into my car's tank.

Here is an article from Briggs and Stratton about the topic

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/ ... technology
Last edited by texasdiver on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

miles monroe

Post by miles monroe » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:55 am

after 2 seasons my new mower got gunked up becasuse i was using regular gas. $80 repair bill later, i only use ethanol free gas now for my mower and other small gasoline engines. i found a station close to home using this website. good luck.

http://pure-gas.org/

renue74

Post by renue74 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 am

Ethanol gas is bad on the engine and tubing. $70 sounds fair for a repair. The minimum fee our repair guy charges is $50 and that's to "look at it and tell you what's wrong."

Any of the additives at the big box stores seem to work fine. I regularly try to change oil, filter and spark plug. Also, I change my blades every 2 years.

I've had problems with a "clicking noise" when trying to start it. I called and my guy said it would probably be $75-$100 to fix it.

I googled it and found it may be the solenoid. So i ordered a $9 solenoid from Amazon after looking up the part online and replaced it myself. It was a little bit of pain because I didn't take a photo of the wiring before I removed the old one and had to find the wiring diagram online to put the new one in....but all in all it saved me $.

I don't know if you're mechanically inclined, but with the internet, a lot of fixes can be done by you.

likegarden

Post by likegarden » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:02 am

I have a 15 year old Toro self-propelled lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. I use the same gas our cars use, have 10% Ethanol. I do all the annual maintenance, leave any gas in it, not much after running it last time, then add a stabilizer for winter. I have no big problems, except once in a while it puts out a little cloud of burned oil, so when it fails, would buy another one.

texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 am

If my mower has been sitting for an extended period of time I also pull the fuel hose off the carb and drain out a little bit of fuel from the tank before starting it up. If there is any water in your fuel it will separate and end up on the bottom of the tank. If you drain off the first couple of ounces you will get most of the water out that way.

sport

Post by sport » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:15 am

texasdiver wrote:2. Drain the gasoline out of the tank any time you store the lawn mower (or other small engine) for any extended period of time like over the winter. I just drain mine out each fall and pour it into my car's tank.
It is also a good idea to empty your gas can into the car tank so you will start with fresh gas for the mower in the spring.

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:09 am

Make sure you use fresh gas at the start of the season. Gas that sits around all winter can get a lot of moisture and degrades a bit and can gum up small engines pretty fast. Any gas I don't use over the winter in my snowblower, I generally dump in my car tank and get new stuff for the lawnmower. At the end of the year, I prefer to drain the tank and then run the mower to burn out all the gas from the lines. Leave the cap off for awhile to let any vapors evaporate and then store after doing other winterizing to it. You can fill the tank full and put an fuel stabilizer additive in it but I still think the fuel isn't the best after sitting around all winter in freezing conditions.

I use ethanol gas with my mower and don't have any problems.

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 am

grettman wrote:Just had my less than 2 year old Honda repaired. Cost me about 70 dollars. I was hoping it would have been covered under warranty but they told me it was my fault because I used "bad gas". Hard to believe but okay. I decided not to fight it. They said I should find no ethonal gas which is difficult to find. Any recommendations about gas additives? How to prevent this from happening again. I want to eliminate the "bad gas" as possible problem in the future.
They said I should find no ethanol gas
Odd. Do they specify this is the manual?
What did they actually "repair."

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 am

lthenderson wrote:Make sure you use fresh gas at the start of the season. Gas that sits around all winter can get a lot of moisture and degrades a bit and can gum up small engines pretty fast. Any gas I don't use over the winter in my snowblower, I generally dump in my car tank and get new stuff for the lawnmower. At the end of the year, I prefer to drain the tank and then run the mower to burn out all the gas from the lines. Leave the cap off for awhile to let any vapors evaporate and then store after doing other winterizing to it. You can fill the tank full and put an fuel stabilizer additive in it but I still think the fuel isn't the best after sitting around all winter in freezing conditions.

I use ethanol gas with my mower and don't have any problems.
Visit Home Depot - buy Ethanol Shield (tan liquid in a semi-white container), comes in a slim cylindrical type bottle of about 5 oz, will set you back about $10. Each oz is good for 5 gallons of gas. As soon as you buy your gasoline, take the can home, put in a few small pours of the Ethanol Shield, close the gas container and shake it for a few seconds. Now the gas will be good for 6 months.

Second, do not let gas sit in the lawnmower over the winter, instead either drain the tank or run the lawnmower until it clunks out from lack of gas in tank and fuel line. Change the oil, see if the air filter needs to be changed, oil the hinges on the wheel, you can either change the spark plug now or in the spring. I've owned my Toro for 8 years, still using the original spark plug, always starts up on 2-3rd pull.

That's it.
Last edited by Grt2bOutdoors on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions

Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:29 am

pkcrafter wrote:
grettman wrote:Just had my less than 2 year old Honda repaired. Cost me about 70 dollars. I was hoping it would have been covered under warranty but they told me it was my fault because I used "bad gas". Hard to believe but okay. I decided not to fight it. They said I should find no ethonal gas which is difficult to find. Any recommendations about gas additives? How to prevent this from happening again. I want to eliminate the "bad gas" as possible problem in the future.
They said I should find no ethanol gas
Odd. Do they specify this is the manual?
What did they actually "repair."

Paul
Honda has standard language in their owners manuals for all of their small engine products to either use gasoline with no ethanol or to use gas that has an ethanol preventative in it. The reason for the repair is the ethanol in gasoline degrades the fuel line causing it to gunk up the works - no gas can flow through a line that is blocked by degraded rubber/plastics. Think of it as a clogged artery. Basically the repair man had to diagnose the problem, clean the engine and replace the rubber components feeding it. The OP got off cheap, in my neighborhood the visit to small engine shop is $125.
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions

Abe

Post by Abe » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:36 am

I had 2 push lawn mowers with Briggs & Stratton engines. They have been in storage for five years with gas still in the tanks. When I got them out and tried to start them, they wouldn't start. I talked to a mechanic friend, and he said the ethanol in gas will gum the engine up if let set too long. He recommended I get something called Sea Foam motor treatment. I removed the air filters and poured a little Sea Foam directly in the carburetor, not much, maybe a half ounce in each one. I was able to get both mowers running fairly easily after doing this. They ran rough at first, but I just let them run until I burned up all the gas that was already in the tank. I refilled them with fresh gas and they are running fine. Sea Foam, it works. :beer
Slow and steady wins the race.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 am

I heard synthetic oil causes your seals to start leaking too... :oops:

You guys are rolling over too easy. If the mower is still under warranty for the type of repair that was performed the the manual or warranty would need to say that no ethanol gas or an additive is REQUIRED to honor the warranty.

Now whether it should be covered and the manufacturer still tells you to pound sand, thats another issue.

In any case I wouldn't trust the word of a mechanic blaming the ethanol boogeyman on what very well could be cheaper manufacturing causing failures unless he could provide some kind of proof that its the cause and that I had voided the warranty somehow.

grettman

Post by grettman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks everyone for the responses. Wow lots of good info in such a short period of time.

I agree with all of those who question the bad gas. I used to have a mower over 10 years old and treated it like garbage. Never winterized or anything.

I will go with an additive as suggested.

They replaced spark plug (said I put the wrong one in. I tried to replace it myself to avoid taking it into service). Said something was "stuck" because of tacky material caused by the "bad gas". I thought I heard him say valve. I just wanted out of there so I didn't get a lot of information.

grettman

Post by grettman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:04 pm

barnaclebob wrote:
You guys are rolling over too easy. If the mower is still under warranty for the type of repair that was performed the the manual or warranty would need to say that no ethanol gas or an additive is REQUIRED to honor the warranty.
The guy provided the "no ethanol" as a tip. He said bad gas (gas sitting around) is what caused it (not the ethanol).

JohnF

Post by JohnF » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Not lawn mowers, but I have several Echo power tools. My observation is the older ones run fine with ethanol “enhanced” fuel whereas the new do not over time. I believe the difference is the newer are carbureted to run very lean and as such the slightest spec of dirt stops them. Additionally, the older have owner accessible needle valves to adjust the fuel mixture, the new do not.

My solution is to replace the carburetor when they won’t start or run poorly. Carburetors are relatively cheap (about $50) and easy to swap.

vitaflo

Post by vitaflo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:12 pm

For the gas bit, search online for gas stations that sell non-oxygenated gas. It's usually labeled specifically for use only with small engines and collector cars. If you are able to find it, and add Stabil to it, it will last for a couple years.

I luckly have a station just down the road from me that sells it. As such I never have to drain the gas out of my lawn mower or snow blower or worry about gas going bad. They start first pull the following season every time.

I would stay well clear of ethanol gas, too many problems with it turning into water. My neighbors always have issues the following season for this reason. I try to educate them but they don't seem to want to listen. Oh well, their loss.

greg24

Post by greg24 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:28 pm

I buy cheap lawn mowers, use them for 7 or 8 years, then sell them and buy a new one. I bought a new one this Summer for $250, and sold the 8(?) year old one for $100. Minimal maintenance, maybe an oil change every other year. Burn off any leftover gas in the fall.

I find this method is a better use of my time and money than buying a better mower and spending time and money to maintain or repair.

MathWizard

Post by MathWizard » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

I've had no problems with this, and just buy cheap gas lawnmowers from Lowes.

I have a second-hand electric that I paid $200 for which does the job if I don't let the grass get too high
or the let the blade get dull. Walmart has some new 40 and 80V Lithium ION electrics that would probably
do a much better job.

goodlifer

Post by goodlifer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:08 pm

grettman wrote:Thanks everyone for the responses. Wow lots of good info in such a short period of time.

I agree with all of those who question the bad gas. I used to have a mower over 10 years old and treated it like garbage. Never winterized or anything.

I will go with an additive as suggested.

They replaced spark plug (said I put the wrong one in. I tried to replace it myself to avoid taking it into service). Said something was "stuck" because of tacky material caused by the "bad gas". I thought I heard him say valve. I just wanted out of there so I didn't get a lot of information.
That does sound like varnish in the carburetor, but like others have said, $70 sounds cheap. Did they just clean the carb, rebuild it, or swap in a new one? They should have replaced the fuel line and gaskets, too. I tried rebuilding the carburetor on our go-kart that had a lawn mower engine and got frustrated with all the little pieces. It was much easier to just buy a new one with gaskets, which was about $25 at amazon.com at the time. I watched a youtube video and did it myself on the first try. So now my husband expects me to take care of all the small engines in the house. Our mower manual says to replace the filters, oil, blade, and spark plug every season. I have yet to replace the spark plug and don't plan on it any time soon. I replace the filters when they are dirty, the oil at the beginning of the season, sharpen the blade or replace as needed, and store it empty of gas with the spark plug unplugged. I bought a $300 mower for $45 because the guy couldn't get it started. It was just a lot of string wrapped around blade, and as I pulled it off the motor came to life and very nearly whacked my hand. Now I disconnect it whenever I do anything to it. It is probably common knowledge to do so, but I'm still a newb to motors.

6miths

Post by 6miths » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:54 pm

miles monroe wrote:after 2 seasons my new mower got gunked up becasuse i was using regular gas. $80 repair bill later, i only use ethanol free gas now for my mower and other small gasoline engines. i found a station close to home using this website. good luck.

I use no ethanol premium for all my small engines ever since having this discussion with the Stihl dealer. Was my bad for leaving the regular gas sans stabilizer over a winter and gumming up my weed whipper. In theory it would be fine to use regular the entire year and switch to no ethanol premium near the end of the season but it just seems easier to go with premium the entire year. Stihl and home depot both sell ethanol free gas (premixed 50:1 and 30:1 with something like 4 year shelf life) for small engines - way too expensive to use in a 2 cycle lawn mower though. I originally bought a gallon can of the Stihl premixed and now use the can to mix it myself. Definitely not all premium gas is ethanol free so you have to check out on the web and ask. Around here, Shell is premium is consistently ethanol free.
'It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so!' Mark Twain

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:26 pm

The reason I find it odd that your Honda mower engine won't run on E10 gasoline (10% ethanol) is that Honda initially had a problem with their auto engines, but that was several years ago and the problem was quickly resolved. It doesn't seem to make sense that the mower engines are not also equipped with improved fuel lines, and other necessities. In fact they are improved and E10 approved.

Here is what Honda says about using ethanol fuel in mower engines...
Do not use gasoline containing more than 10% ethanol in your Honda lawn mower.
http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mo ... mendations
I was hoping it would have been covered under warranty but they told me it was my fault because I used "bad gas".
This doesn't pass the smell test.

If you happened to get some E15 fuel somewhere, that could be a problem, otherwise, I would think that with normal maintenance and care, there should not be a problem.
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

fsrph

Post by fsrph » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:02 pm

I've been down this road in needing to clean the carb in my lawnmower due to the ethanol in gas. Here's what the Toro repair technician told me.

Buy small amounts of gas at a time (a few gallons).

To the gas add Stabil Marine additive (dark green color) not the regular Stabil (red color). Stabil marine has extra ethanol protection. Stabil marine looks like it's more expensive that regular Stabil but you use less per gallon of gas. Bought the Stabil marine at Walmart.

Have never had a problem with the carb gumming up after following these steps.

Francis
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." | Dale Carnegie

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:14 pm

This is what I use in ethanol gas and never have to drain the tanks to over winter my Honda mower and generator. I also use it in the snowblower. I buy it locally, but Amazon sells it. Fantastic stuff. In the 2 stroke leaf blower I use ethanol-free premix 50:1 from Home Depot.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Tron-Enzyme- ... stabilizer

PetaHertz

Post by PetaHertz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Grt2bOutdoors wrote: Honda has standard language in their owners manuals for all of their small engine products to either use gasoline with no ethanol or to use gas that has an ethanol preventative in it. The reason for the repair is the ethanol in gasoline degrades the fuel line causing it to gunk up the works - no gas can flow through a line that is blocked by degraded rubber/plastics. Think of it as a clogged artery. Basically the repair man had to diagnose the problem, clean the engine and replace the rubber components feeding it. The OP got off cheap, in my neighborhood the visit to small engine shop is $125.
Is this new? I just checked the manual for my 20 year old Honda, and it specifically says that 10% Ethanol is okay.

Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:26 pm

barnaclebob wrote:What was the specific problem and what did they do to fix it. When you search for ethanol and small engines you get all kinds of responses from it will destroy them in weeks to no problems in XX years. Most newer engines should be ok to handle the ethanol so don't believe the stories until you do some research.

For me and my Briggs & Stratton on a Snapper push mower using gas with ethanol its been starting on the first (90% of the time) or second pull since 2009. Changed the oil every other year (~25 hours of run time a year) and I am going to change the air filter, spark plug, etc for the first time after this season is done.

Honda states that their engines are good up to 10% ethanol. I'd go back and ask for a refund and coverage under warranty.

Uh, that's not true at all. Bad gas is the #1 reason for engine issues. There are two reasons for bad gas. First is high ethanol content. No, small engines are not built to support long term use of high ethanol blends (above E10).

The second kind of bad gas is stale fuel. That is the bigger problem. Gasoline does not last more than a few months before it should be disposed of. Too many people let gas cans sit over winter, then put the gas in their mower and have problems. Usually when they say bad gas, this is what they mean.

And do you know how I know? I work for one of the largest small engine companies in the world.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Bacchus01 wrote:
barnaclebob wrote:What was the specific problem and what did they do to fix it. When you search for ethanol and small engines you get all kinds of responses from it will destroy them in weeks to no problems in XX years. Most newer engines should be ok to handle the ethanol so don't believe the stories until you do some research.

Uh, that's not true at all. Bad gas is the #1 reason for engine issues. There are two reasons for bad gas. First is high ethanol content. No, small engines are not built to support long term use of high ethanol blends (above E10).

The second kind of bad gas is stale fuel. That is the bigger problem. Gasoline does not last more than a few months before it should be disposed of. Too many people let gas cans sit over winter, then put the gas in their mower and have problems. Usually when they say bad gas, this is what they mean.

And do you know how I know? I work for one of the largest small engine companies in the world.
I think we meant the same things, I was referring to ethanol up to 10% which is what most manufacturers seem to say is ok. No doubts about old gas being bad for engines

Acepilot

Post by Acepilot » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Instead of regular gas with 87 octane I use a plus octane rating of 89 for lawn mower and other small engines. This seems to help and was recommended by local repair shop. I also use gas stabilizer at the end of the season.

theunknowntech

Post by theunknowntech » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:15 am

Newer mowers are so finely tuned to meet CARB standards, that if you don't put fuel stabilizer in the gas to start with, they may not start reliably within a few weeks. Otherwise, learn how to rebuild (or flush) a carburetor. It's not that difficult (just annoying.)

Use fuel stabilizer from the git go.

Or go used (there are are a lot of them out there, everybody's looking for the new [...] and they don't know any better.)

ddurrett896

Post by ddurrett896 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:52 am

grettman wrote: They said I should find no ethonal gas which is difficult to find.
Ethanol is the problem. If you have a machine you don't use monthly, switch to non-ethonal fuel. SUNOCO near me sells 110 octane that is ethanol free. It cost about $8/gallon, but my machines start on the first pull and run cooler with the higher octane.

ddurrett896

Post by ddurrett896 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:54 am

PetaHertz wrote: Is this new? I just checked the manual for my 20 year old Honda, and it specifically says that 10% Ethanol is okay.
It's ok, the problem is when it sits for weeks/months without use.

theunknowntech

Post by theunknowntech » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:02 pm

ddurrett896 wrote:
grettman wrote: They said I should find no ethonal gas which is difficult to find.
Ethanol is the problem. If you have a machine you don't use monthly, switch to non-ethonal fuel. SUNOCO near me sells 110 octane that is ethanol free. It cost about $8/gallon, but my machines start on the first pull and run cooler with the higher octane.
You might also try the local airport. Avgas is good stuff. They will look at you funny though.

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm

theunknowntech wrote:
ddurrett896 wrote:
You might also try the local airport. Avgas is good stuff. They will look at you funny though.
Dirt bike racers use Avgas. My son did that for a while and the airport sold it to him in 5 gallon cans. 105 octane if I remember. By law, aviation fuel cannot have ethanol in it. If you have teenagers around you can ask where the dirt bike crowd gets their gas.

reggiesimpson

Post by reggiesimpson » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Used regular Stabil for years in all my small engines (mowers to generators) with nary an issue.

Helodriver

Post by Helodriver » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:10 pm

miles monroe wrote:after 2 seasons my new mower got gunked up becasuse i was using regular gas. $80 repair bill later, i only use ethanol free gas now for my mower and other small gasoline engines. i found a station close to home using this website. good luck.

+1
Also try buyrealgas.com
theunknowntech wrote: You might also try the local airport. Avgas is good stuff. They will look at you funny though.
also +1
Avgas or 100 LL is available from the line service from the local small airport. Not all that uncommon line guys sell it all the time to motorcycle racers and dirt bike riders all the time. Be prepared to pay about $6 a gallon.

Finally most marina's sell ethanol free fuel. Once I stopped running regular gas. I have not had any problems with my chain saw, leaf blower, snow blower, trimmer or mower. essentially anything with a small carburetor has benefitted from the change. In my opinion a little effort in getting the gas saves a ton of time fixing stuff.

davebo

Post by davebo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:23 pm

I have always used regular gas on my lawnmower and have never done any type of maintenance to it (about 11 years old now). For my Stihl stuff, I only use gas without ethanol that I buy by the case. I can justify that because it'll last a long time on string trimmers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers.

I can't imagine using it all the time though for a lawn mower unless you can get it without ethanol at the pump. Someone told me that it's ok to use regular gas during the year, but you should run it out at the end of the season, fill it up with some ethanol-free stuff, and then run it for a few minutes before storing it.

itstoomuch

Post by itstoomuch » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Is there a reason why USA should continue gasohol with a surplus of crude and depressed tax revenues from fuel efficient vehicles?
I believe that my small ICE has cost me in higher maintenance and the larger ICE has significant power reduction. :annoyed
This is a sore point. :twisted:
Rev012718; 4 Incm stream buckets: SS+pension; dfr'd GLWB VA & FI anntys, by time & $$ laddered; Discretionary; Rentals. LTCi. Own, not asset. Tax TBT%. Early SS. FundRatio (FR) >1.1 67/70yo