Echo pro attachement series

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
rad520

Echo pro attachement series

Post by rad520 »

I'm looking to get a new weed eater, edger, and hedge trimmer and am looking at the Echo Pro attachment series since I can use one motor and just change out the accessories. This is cheaper than just buying each individually and I'm assuming the motor would hold up better since I would use it more often and the gas wouldn't sit as long.

Echo is a great brand, I have a blower and its held up great over the years. Anyone have any experiences with this attachment series, good or bad?

There are different size engines (21.2, 22.8, 25.4, and 28.1 cc) available, I'm only doing personal home yard care and not commercial. Is the smallest size good enough for that or should I consider getting one of the other sizes?

I'm going to get it at home depot because I have a gift card I need to use. Anyone have any luck haggling with them in store on price?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Echo pro attachement series

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (lawn care accessories).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

rad520 wrote:I'm going to get it at home depot because I have a gift card I need to use. Anyone have any luck haggling with them in store on price?
I don't have any feedback on the Echo Pro series, but I do have some here. Haggling is a bit of hit and miss with big box stores. It all depends on the employee you are dealing with and how committed you are to walking out of the store if you don't get some leeway. Of course, never let them know you're interested in their store because you have a gift card during the negotiation process.

You might have better luck at price matching if you can bring proof of a lower price at a competitor. It looks like Home Depot does not officially price match to online stores, but you can try to negotiate that. You might not get a full price match, but having proof of a cheaper price at an online vendor might help you negotiate the price down.

Here is Home Depot's official price match policy: http://www.homedepot.com/c/SF_MS_In-Sto ... _Guarantee
jwtietz

Post by jwtietz »

I have two split shaft echos with the attachments. I don't know the series, I got it at an echo dealer shop. I use the hedge trimmer, chain saw, edger and the weed wacker. I love them all and use them a lot. I have a larger engine for these, I do have an older echo with the 21cc engine. It is too small. I would look to the 24-25cc range.