Hulu wrote:Has anyone tried remote desktop on their Chromebook? I'm wondering if you can harness your work's processing power while having all the perks of a Chromebook. That would be fantastic. I have Citrix Remote Desktop.
I didn't see an answer to your question so I'll chime in. I use the remote desktop option on m y Chromebook all the time. I have an old 2009 Sony Vaio at home and remote into it when I need to do something that can't be done on a Chromebook. Specifically, to use YNAB. YNAB can be done on a Chromebook if you go through the process of dual booting with Linux, but I didn't want the hassle, so I just remote into my Sony and open up YNAB and take care of business.
Just to test the limits, I've also remoted into the Sony via the Chromebook and watched a 1080 HD movie that was playing on my Sony. The chromebook meets my needs 98% of the time and the other 2% I'll remote into the Sony and do what I need to do.
Hope this helps answer your question.