Free Windows 10 Upgrade, Yes or No?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
SpringMan

Re: upgrade to Windows 10?

Post by SpringMan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:24 pm

If you share files in your home network across several machines, you may want to hold off on Win 10. Ever since I upgraded I lost my file sharing capability. Other than that I like Win 10. For now I can use a USB drive to move files around. I may look into getting a NAS to solve this issue.
Best Wishes, SpringMan

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Thank you all.

I did not know if 10 was thought to be better or worse, I'm satisfied with 7 and so will stick with 7 for now.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

Seattlenative

Post by Seattlenative » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:58 pm

No. Our Windows 8.1 home desktop computer is used by my wife for her home business as well as a couple of courses she is taking at a local college. Having QuickBooks 2014 run correctly is mission-critical. Intuit has advised that they will NOT support QuickBooks 2014 on the Windows 10 platform, so we would be forced to pay for an expensive "upgrade" release to QuickBooks 2015. Ultimately it opens up a can or two of worms whenever you need to upgrade.

Windows 8.1 is a stable operating system which rarely freezes up, and which is much easier to use than the original Windows 8. As for our response to the question "upgrade to Windows 10?": No, for the time being.

Angelus359

Post by Angelus359 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:52 am

I actually like windows 10

Given that, I actually significantly preferred windows 8.1 over windows 7.

Everyone thinks I'm nuts
IT-DevOps System Administrator

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:41 am

I avoid Windows like the plague and have moved everything to Apple. Knock on wood, computing has never been easier.
John C. Bogle - Two Fund Portfolio: Total Stock & Total Bond. "Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

CABob

Post by CABob » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:06 am

I bought a new computer a couple of years ago with Win 8 and soon upgraded it to 8.1. I hated it so much that I continued to use my old computer with XP for several months. When Microsoft support for XP went away I gradually moved to the 8.1 computer and eventually got comfortable with it but still didn't like it a lot. I think it was the "old dogs" syndrome. Now I'm wondering about upgrading to Win 10 and haven't decided yet. I have always got my new versions of Windows along with a new computer purchase so I haven't experienced an upgrade to an existing computer and that scares me a bit.
My local newspaper carries a column by Bill Husted that I regularly read. He recently had one about Win 10 with the suggestion to not be in a big hurry to upgrade.
So I am still undecided but will certainly wait a while before I upgrade if at all.
Bob

archbish99

Post by archbish99 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am

CABob wrote:I bought a new computer a couple of years ago with Win 8 and soon upgraded it to 8.1. I hated it so much that I continued to use my old computer with XP for several months. When Microsoft support for XP went away I gradually moved to the 8.1 computer and eventually got comfortable with it but still didn't like it a lot. I think it was the "old dogs" syndrome. Now I'm wondering about upgrading to Win 10 and haven't decided yet. I have always got my new versions of Windows along with a new computer purchase so I haven't experienced an upgrade to an existing computer and that scares me a bit.
I would suggest, though, that if you preferred XP to Win8.x, you'll probably prefer Win10 to Win8.x as well. Maybe find a friend with Win10 on their computer and play with it for a little bit?
I'm not a financial advisor, I just play one on the Internet.

bnes

Post by bnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:57 am

As a surface tablet user, I found Windows 10 was a clear win over Windows 8.
It resolves the awkward stress between tablet operation and desktop operation, and restores a version of the "start" menu.
Everything just worked under Windows 10, it was a very smooth transition.

rotorhead

Post by rotorhead » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Quote texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:06 pm

What is it that you think Windows 10 will do for you that Windows 7 won't do?

Frankly it is really all about the applications not the operating system. If it isn't broke I wouldn't fix it. I have various PCs at home and at work and I definitely do not plan to upgrade any of them. When I finally get around to replacing one with a new computer It will obviously be Windows 10 but I"m certainly not going through the hassle on any of the older ones.
Ditto on those comments. I have a PC and a laptop, both with Windows 7. I got the free upgrade offer on both of them. After thinking about it, I upgraded the laptop. Used it for a few days - didn't particularly like the new W10 format. Some things seemed changed just for the sake of change. It did boot up faster; but overall didn't do anything that Win 7 wasn't already doing quite satisfactorily. I don't feel like learning a new system that isn't going to significantly improve my computing experience.

I will stick to Win 7 until I need a new computer; may be a while.

jchef

Post by jchef » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:20 pm

rotorhead wrote: I will stick to Win 7 until I need a new computer; may be a while.
Windows 7 support ends in January 2020.

When the free Windows 10 upgrade offer ends in July of next year, end of support for Windows 7 will only be 3.5 years away.

jebmke

Post by jebmke » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Angelus359 wrote:I actually like windows 10

Given that, I actually significantly preferred windows 8.1 over windows 7.

Everyone thinks I'm nuts
On identical hardware, W8.1 is much faster (boot and shutdown) than W7. Configured with Classic Shell, my users can't really tell the difference and prefer the W8.1
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:43 pm

The update and download icon for Windows 10 has been in the system tray to an old laptop we have. I am fearful to download.

How times have changed. Many years ago it costs hundreds of dollars to update Windows. Now it is a free download.

Best.
John C. Bogle - Two Fund Portfolio: Total Stock & Total Bond. "Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

jerryk68

Post by jerryk68 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:48 pm

I upgraded my Gateway EC1458 no problem; however, my Dell laptop Inspiron N4110 did not go so well. I did no prior research which was a mistake and installed same. I had pixel issues and went back to Windows 7. Subsequently, the Dell website states "Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product (Inspiron N4110). If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." My suggestion is research you computer before installing.

I like both Windows 7 and 10.

rotorhead

Post by rotorhead » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Report this post

Unread postby jchef » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:20 pm

rotorhead wrote:
I will stick to Win 7 until I need a new computer; may be a while.
Windows 7 support ends in January 2020.

When the free Windows 10 upgrade offer ends in July of next year, end of support for Windows 7 will only be 3.5 years away.
Thanks for the reminder, jchef. I'm well aware of the Win 7 end-of-support date. Doesn't matter to me whether Win 10 is free or not; it simply doesn't do anything for me. My 7-year old HP desktop with Win 7 (upgraded from Vista :) ) is doing very well; and does everything I need to do. When I need a new computer, if I have to learn a new operation system; then I will do it - as long as it isn't a redux of Win 8 :annoyed

Camper Man

Post by Camper Man » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 pm

It feels like I got a new computer. An easy, seamless transition from 8.1 to Windows 10 -- no issues at all.

mephistophles

Post by mephistophles » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

My year old desktop came with Windows 8 which I have learned to tolerate. I am a very basic computer user. Put simply, is it time yet to upgrade to Windows 10, or should I wait for bugs, etc. to be worked out. Please keep answers reasonably simple. I understand insurance and am O.K. with finances and investing, but am technologically slow.
ole meph

rustymutt

Post by rustymutt » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:44 pm

I went from win8 to win10 pro, and couldn't be happier. Very few issues that weren't solved by myself. I love BitLocker. All critical data is under lockup.
I'm amazed at the wealth of Knowledge others gather, and share over a lifetime of learning. The mind is truly unique. It's nice when we use it!

archbish99

Post by archbish99 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 pm

If your computer is prompting you to update, the water is likely fine. Open the notification on the task bar (the little Windows icon near the clock) and there's an option to check compatibility. If it's not prompting yet and/or the check finds issues, you might prefer to check back in a few weeks.

cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:35 pm

archbish99 wrote:If your computer is prompting you to update, the water is likely fine. Open the notification on the task bar (the little Windows icon near the clock) and there's an option to check compatibility. If it's not prompting yet and/or the check finds issues, you might prefer to check back in a few weeks.
I think the compatibility check only verifies your computer can handle Windows 10. It can't verify all the non-Microsoft software on it can work with Windows 10.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.

archbish99

Post by archbish99 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:41 pm

cheese_breath wrote:I think the compatibility check only verifies your computer can handle Windows 10. It can't verify all the non-Microsoft software on it can work with Windows 10.
No, it can check whether you have something installed that Microsoft knows has a compatibility issue. The list changes as compatibility mitigations for Win10 become available on Windows Update. (Obviously, it can't know what it doesn't know, though.)

cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 pm

archbish99 wrote:
cheese_breath wrote:I think the compatibility check only verifies your computer can handle Windows 10. It can't verify all the non-Microsoft software on it can work with Windows 10.
No, it can check whether you have something installed that Microsoft knows has a compatibility issue. The list changes as compatibility mitigations for Win10 become available on Windows Update. (Obviously, it can't know what it doesn't know, though.)
I just did a compatibility check and it said Apps: 0 incompatible.

I'm surprised it doesn't know Norton Ghost is incompatible.

mephistophles

Post by mephistophles » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 am

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Edge is default browser. Is it better than google chrome which I have used last few years?

mephistophles

Post by mephistophles » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 am

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Edge is default browser. Is it better than google chrome which I have used last few years?

IPer

Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade, Yes or No?

Post by IPer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:55 am

Well my computer would not upgrade before and now it will so I took the plunge. I am confident Microsoft will deal with whatever privacy issues are
of concern. I set most of the curious looking default settings which I was glad they gave a choice. Firefox cheered:

"
Firefox + Windows 10. Perfect together.

We’ve designed Firefox to work seamlessly with your Windows 10 update, giving you the same great browsing experience you’ve come to love, with the privacy, speed and choice you’ve come to expect.
"

We'll see how it goes, the fonts are definitely different, not sure if I like that.
Read the Wiki Wiki !

archbish99

Post by archbish99 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 am

Compatible with Chrome for most sites. Some neat unique features, but no plugins. Mostly a matter of taste.

Hayden

Post by Hayden » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:16 am

I just went from a Windows 7 machine to a new Windows 10 machine. I had software that is critical for my business, that I was concerned about. It installed easily and runs fine, although I have found one thing (non essential) that doesn't work. Hopefully I won't find more.

The biggest headache for me was the amount of time it took me to set up the machine the way I want it. It took a good week of fiddling with settings to get my monitors, display colors and fonts, Software settings, etc the way I want them.

cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 am

Whenever I run Windows Update to install the latest Windows 7 updates it also begins downloading Windows 10. I've been cancelling it before the Win 10 download completed, but I wonder is it possible to download Windows 10 now but install it later?

mephistophles

Post by mephistophles » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Hayden wrote:I just went from a Windows 7 machine to a new Windows 10 machine. I had software that is critical for my business, that I was concerned about. It installed easily and runs fine, although I have found one thing (non essential) that doesn't work. Hopefully I won't find more.

The biggest headache for me was the amount of time it took me to set up the machine the way I want it. It took a good week of fiddling with settings to get my monitors, display colors and fonts, Software settings, etc the way I want them.

About the time I learn where everything is on my computer, the industry updates things so I get to learn it all over again.
It seems the changes make things more complicated rather than simpler.

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Well, I'm glad I held off!

I have that little "Get Windows 10" icon. Every so often I click on it and always get the message
  • This PC will work with Windows 10.
I've only been holding of since Quicken has not yet given final approval of Win 10. (Quickbooks has.)

I tried again today and although got that same encouraging message I ALSO got a scary one:
  • The device manufacturers haven't made these devices compatible with Windows 10, so they won't work. Check with the device manufacturers for support.

1 device not compatible. It listed Intel Wireless Bluetooth SDP Server, Microsoft.
I had already talked to Samsung (maker of my laptop) and they said Win 10 will work but at the time Microsoft said the same thing without an exception for Bluetooth.

Google says this about Bluetooth SDP Server:
  • The Bluetooth SDP (Service Discovery Protocol) provides a means by which service applications running on different Bluetooth enabled devices may discover each other's existence, and exchange information to determine their characteristics.
Sounds pretty important! Especially since I have a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse. Logitech is also no fly-by-night company and has been making mice for decades.

Does anybody know if things are as bad as that seems? I can't use my mouse? Hard to believe since Intel and Microsoft are nearly joined at the hips and the use of a Bluetooth Mouse is pretty darned common!
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet

nchowrin

Post by nchowrin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:28 pm

I upgraded to Win10 as soon as it was released and have had no issues. I use Quicken 2015 without any problems. I also use a Logitech MX master bluetooth mouse without any issues.

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm

nchowrin wrote:I upgraded to Win10 as soon as it was released and have had no issues. I use Quicken 2015 without any problems. I also use a Logitech MX master bluetooth mouse without any issues.
Great to hear!
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet

wander

Post by wander » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Have fun with new toy. I still like Windows 7.

mephistophles

Post by mephistophles » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 am

A week into Windows 10 shows a great improvement over Windows 8. The return of the Start menu is good. It still has a lot of app
stuff that I don't use, but if I actively used a smart phone and tablet I can see where the combination makes sense. Meantime,
I can find and get to things I want a whole lot easier than Windows 8.

Still using Chrome, and haven't given Edge a try.
Thanks,
ole meph

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 am

I really like Windows 10. It's a great improvement over 8.1. No problems running any apps so far, except my antivirus program which requires an update. Quicken 2015 works fine. But I do have a relatively new computer; so, as usual, YMMV.

htdrag11

Post by htdrag11 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 pm

I finally upgraded my Win7 Dell XPS 15z to Win 10 since I've had several issues lately with my laptop. I could go to a MBP, another Dell with IPS panel or try 10.

So far, the cheapest route seems to work after one day. Took me most of yesterday afternoon and scheduled a 2 am upgrade when no one is on the network. Did not need to turn off my Norton either. Started w/o a hitch this morning with my dual boot machine (Linux). Turned off most of the tracking/security/privacy stuff. Both my Usenet (won't work as well on Chromebook) and torrent are fine. MS Office 2010 is working. Quicken 2010 is working.

Chrome does take a longer time to start (did not use Edge or IE). Turned off Cortana since most voice recognition software would not recognize my accent other than simple tasks.

Overall, I'm a happy camper, from XP and Win 7. Hope this Dell would last couple more years (battery needs to be replaced but this model's aluminum shell is rather fragile to open).

BBBob

Post by BBBob » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 pm

I upgraded from Windows 8.1(hated it!!) with no problems, except I had to load an upgraded printer driver to get my printer working. Just did a Google search for the driver, and found one at a Microsoft site.

BTW, Windows 10 has a Compatibility Mode that you can use with older software if necessary...usually for Vista or earlier period software according to Microsoft. To use that mode, just right-click on the highlighted application, select Properties, click the Compatibility tab and then check the box labelled "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and then select the version of Windows that the application was designed to run on. Then, click OK.

Bustoff

Post by Bustoff » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:42 am

I had Windows 7 and did the upgrade to Windows10. Have had no issues.
With 10 you right click the start icon at bottom left to get to the control panel.

Crimsontide

Post by Crimsontide » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Completed the upgrade a couple of hours ago. It went amazingly smooth. Only one driver issue (for my USB 3.0 docking station). That has been resolved and all is good so far...

Norris

Post by Norris » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Just upgraded to Windows 10. It took around an hour. No issues so far....knock on wood.... :happy

Norris
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius

hudson

Post by hudson » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:29 am

HikerNC wrote:jebmke wrote:

This is one of the main reasons we are not allowing W10 in our TaxAide sites this year. Even 8.1 can get testy with older printers.

I solved the printer problem. I was able to get my ancient HP LaserJet4Plus printer to work with Windows 10 with my laptop and now I am confident that I can get it to work with my desktop computer - IF I can only load Windows 10 AGAIN on the desktop after originally loading 10 on it last week and subsequently going back to Windows 7. I have a feeling that the round trip from Win 7 to Win 10 and then back to Win 7 and now back up to Win 7 has thoroughly confused my Desktop computer.

(No, the printer's no longer the problem. HP finally released the printer drivers that Windows 10 needed.)

My desktop has now been running almost EIGHT hours downloading Windows 10 with the wheel still twirling: "Working on it." I'm now afraid to interrupt it.
I believe the LaserJet4Plus came out in 1994.

Years ago someone gave me a dead HP Laserjet 4050N....probably a 2000 model...that their employer had discarded. I'd worked on that model frequently, so I fixed it for about $100 and used it for a home printer. I don't remember if and when I've ever replaced the toner cartridge...it just keeps printing. I was an earlier adopter going from Windows 7 to 10. I had very few issues...and none with the printer.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:30 pm

My big question is "What do you get by upgrading to W10 when W8.1 is working fine for me?" Why bother?
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

BigFoot48

Post by BigFoot48 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:My big question is "What do you get by upgrading to W10 when W8.1 is working fine for me?" Why bother?
My view is that the best and brightness at Microsoft will be working on making Win10 a success and I want to go along for the free ride. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a downside to upgrading from 8.1 so why not?
Retired | Two-time in top-10 in Bogleheads S&P500 contest; 13-time loser

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:38 pm

You should always upgrade to the latest supported operating system, as it's the one most supported.

OTOH, one should wait until things settle out before making the jump. Windows 8 made a fatal error by incorrectly assuming desktop users would be in the minority. Vista has a whole bunch of reasons (Criticism of Windows Vista).

I'm on Windows 7 now, holding off on Windows 10 due to the numerous privacy issues. I'll reconsider when the privacy tools have had time to mature.

Here's one possibility, recommended by Steve Gibson's Security Now! podcast episode #533: Spybot Anti-Beacon However, the support forums indicate excessive CPU resource utilization. I'll wait a while longer.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:30 pm

I tend to hold onto my computers for a long time, and right now I'm struggling to guess whether the current one will last through 2020. Whatever decision I make on that will dictate whether I go to Win-10 or not.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:46 pm

My experience has been that pioneers often end up with arrows in their back. I think I'll wait until all of the issues (arrows) get resolved with the ongoing fixes and driver updates.

S&L1940

Post by S&L1940 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:My big question is "What do you get by upgrading to W10 when W8.1 is working fine for me?" Why bother?
I was also happy with 8.1 but since I do not have a smart phone or use any of the social media stuff (facebook, twitter) decided to make a stab at entering the 21st century, went for W10. no problems (well, some hiccups yet easily solved) and figure in another 10 years or so I will, if still mentally aware, consider other modernizing steps...
Don't it always seem to go * That you don't know what you've got * Till it's gone

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm

1530jesup wrote:
I was also happy with 8.1 but since I do not have a smart phone or use any of the social media stuff (facebook, twitter) decided to make a stab at entering the 21st century, went for W10. no problems (well, some hiccups yet easily solved) and figure in another 10 years or so I will, if still mentally aware, consider other modernizing steps...
My plan is to get a Surface Book (when/if they lower the price and fix the bugs) or something similar which will come with W10. Then, once I'm comfortable with that, I'll update my other computers.

Steelersfan

Post by Steelersfan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:35 pm

I've never upgraded the O/S on a PC before, just waiting until I bought a new PC with the new O/S/ on it. But I bit the bullet on this upgrade and it's been seamless and trouble free. It was even easier than upgrading with a new PC since I didn't have to reinstall any software and copy any data.

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:29 am

I've avoided upgrading two W7 laptops because of heritage software concerns, i.e. whether MS Money and MS Office 2003 would work. I saw conflicting information online. Then one laptop developed keyboard and keypad problems, I bought a new laptop with W10 installed. It's an Asus touchscreen with a higher definition screen.

I generally like W10 but have several issues, some that are probably Asus or higher resolution screen related, but do tie into W10 overall. The google chrome browser does not present well on the higher resolution screen: tabs and menu strips are very small and unadjustable. Based upon searches this appears to be a known google chrome issue without a solution as yet. That led me to try the new MS Edge browser which is part of the W10 rollout, which has faults of its own. Edge will not accept any PW manager except its own which I believe will not work across machines? I read that PW manager apps or extensions may be available in 2016 but as of now LastPass and FastLane are not supported in the browser. I don't remember many PWs offhand. A major flaw for me.

Re the forward compatibility, MS Money works for me in W10. Whew! I reinstalled from an online MS download and set the file location to my dropbox folder.

The MS Office 2003 suite will not load on my new machine, I'm told because of exceeding the number of installations from my original disk, even though I uninstalled using the disk it from the previous PC, which MS confirms. They do know what's on each of your machines! I discussed this with MS support and basically got a response of buy a new copy. I'm now trying Office online (free), as well as openoffice, and google docs. Office online seems best for me right now.

Other issues I've got may be either W10 or Asus related. Despite changing settings, the num lock on the keypad has to be set each time the machine boots; annoying since the keypad was one reason I bought the particular machine. No online fix found.

I also find that my W10/Asus has limited keypad options and sensitivity settings. Scrolling is two fingered (v. my older machines which are one finger; it makes me schizophrenic when using one machine then the other). My windows-7 had two screens to adjust keypad settings; W10 only has one and its not up to snuff at least for me.

As I re-read this I conclude that while I like W10 I was happier with W7. It did all I needed; no new learning curve for me. If you're upgrading an existing machine your mileage probably will vary.

S&L1940

Post by S&L1940 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 am

heartwood wrote: Other issues I've got may be either W10 or Asus related. Despite changing settings, the num lock on the keypad has to be set each time the machine boots; annoying since the keypad was one reason I bought the particular machine. No online fix found.
num lock turned off on my 8.1 as well. look at it as another safety feature if someone was sitting at my desk trying to boot my machine. of course it causes me a bit of a hassle as well when my personal memory bank is losing brain power and I sometimes struggle with my passcode until it dawns on me about engaging the key
Don't it always seem to go * That you don't know what you've got * Till it's gone