Online Checking Accounts

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
EMDW

Online Checking Accounts

Post by EMDW » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:33 pm

What are your experiences with any of these online banks? Thank you.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-best-c ... 00430.html

pennstater2005

Re: Online Checking Accounts

Post by pennstater2005 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 pm

I like Ally. Fairly quick transfers of money in and out. Mobile check deposit. Free checks. All ATM fees reimbursed. Continually updated website and app. And .99% savings account rate. 10% interest checking for balances under $15k. Have used customer service multiple times with issue always resolved.

I don't have cash very often so not an issue for me as Ally doesn't take cash. Maybe a local bank for that.
“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson

brad.clarkston

Post by brad.clarkston » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:01 pm

Ally and CapOne 360 are good reputable online services but I've never heard of the others.

I sure wouldn't be basing anything off of a yahoo article.

pennstater2005

Post by pennstater2005 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Recent thread that might give some insight: Best Online Savings Bank

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153926
“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson

Carlton

Post by Carlton » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 pm

I have used EverBank as a parking spot for cash for about 10 years. Have a checking and savings account and had CD's in the past with decent rates (relative). Never had any problems, they provide postage paid envelopes for deposits etc. which were credited fairly quickly but I don't use them for day to day banking. EverBank has a decent website and functional bill pay, but I prefer Bank of America as my day to day bank because I like their on-line bill-pay component and access to tons of ATM's in NYC but their rates absolutely suck.

Toons

Post by Toons » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Capital One 360 for years.No complaints,bill pay,mobile check deposit,interest bearing,nice interface,excellent customer service. :happy

https://home.capitalone360.com/
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:10 pm

I use USAA as an online checking account and they are frankly awesome. I think they now restrict membership to those with service history or have a parent or grandparent who served and is a member. If you qualify then their online banking is frankly hard to beat. No fees of any kind and they refund ATM fees charged by any other bank up to $10/month.

protagonist

Post by protagonist » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:01 am

Try this one. Always near the top in interest rates. I've used them for years and transfers to and from Fidelity have been easy and seamless and rarely take more than a day. It's a savings account, not a checking account, but you can link it to either your brokerage or your local bank for writing checks and transfer funds back and forth. No negatives. 1.01% APY last I checked.
http://www.sfgidirect.com/

Lon

Post by Lon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:54 am

I have used Charles Schwab for some time now and like their service and features.