Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
dbCooperAir

Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 am

I have been battling Plantar Fasciitis for a few months now, its getting better so that's a good thing.

I bought a pair of New Balance Walking Shoes (model# mw928wt) and added an insert, as noted above its getting better so don't want to complain to much but..........

I did not think the New Balance shoes held up that well for the dollar spent, they run about $124/pair and I would say I'm going to be lucky to get 3 month out of them. To be fair I am hard on shoes, about 25 miles per week walking + all other daily activity (I sit for work). I will be lucky to get 300miles out of the current pair, not as good as some other shoes I have used in the past.

I think I understand what a good shoe is for Plantar Fasciitis, a box that does not collapse, shoe that does not twist, more stiff, etc.

I checked out 3 other manufactures and found a shoe made by Rockport that looks to be a good contender, sorry I failed to write down the model # but they are half the $ of the New Balance shoes. If the current New Balance shoe was made in the USA like many of the other New Balance shoes I would be more willing to spend a few more dollars.

Anybody else deal with Plantar Fasciitis and have a shoe that has worked for them?

I also walk all winter so will need too find a good hiking/mid height shoe as well.
Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him. | -Dwight D. Eisenhower-

TFinator

Re: Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?

Post by TFinator » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:16 am

I don't have direct experience with Plantar Fasciitis, but if you have a RoadRunner Sports in your area, they are worth a look. I think they do a great job of picking out a good shoe for you.
I had Generic running shoes and could put down about 3 miles with them. I went to Roadrunner and within 2 weeks I was doing 7 miles/run with less pain. They ask about injuries or medical issues. You walk or run on a treadmill and they video and take stills of your stride and analyze them with you. I never felt hurried to buy something, and everybody was very nice. Worth a look, I think.
Good luck!

drawpoker

Post by drawpoker » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:17 am

I have had bouts of plantar fasciitis. But only when I first get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor.
I can walk it off after 15 minutes or so.
Are you saying you have it all day?
I buy the Orthoheel brand of shoe from QVC (or HSN, can't remember now) They are supposed to be good for all kinds of foot problems. Expensive, though
Last edited by drawpoker on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

JMacDonald

Post by JMacDonald » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:20 am

I had that problem for months, very painful. For myself, it is not the shoe that made a difference, but the arch support from the insert. As soon I put in an orthoses that helped my arch, the relief was almost immediate. You need aggressive orthoses, not the soft ones you buy in a drug store. REI has some. Good luck, I know it is a very painful problem.

Here is company that I first got help: http://footsolutions.com
However, they are expensive. At the time I would have paid anything.
Last edited by JMacDonald on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Wishes, | Joe

Tom_T

Post by Tom_T » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:25 am

Ah, plantar fasciitis.. my wife battled PF for most of this year, and just now is at the point where she can run in races again. It's the kind of thing that can linger for months. She went through a lot of different types of shoes: for running, for casual/work, and even for hanging around the house (because going barefoot and/or wearing flip-flops is a no-no.) I can check with her -- I know she just found a casual shoe that she liked a lot.

She also did lots of exercises and instep massage/strengthening, but you've probably seen those all over the Web.
Last edited by Tom_T on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Globalviewer58

Post by Globalviewer58 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:27 am

I use a custom orthotic insert in my shoes to alleviate the pain. These are easily removed and inserted into ordinary shoes. The orthotics cost about $80 several years ago at a local shoe store with staff trained to diagnose foot discomfort issues. You step into a box filled with a blue colored foam. The foam compresses to the shape of your foot. The technician shapes the bottom surface of the blue foam material and covers the top surface with leather.

The other source of relief from the pain is to regularly stretch your hamstrings and foot. The stretch is performed lying on your back with one leg raised perpendicular to the floor. Point your toes toward your forehead and feel the stretch from your rear along the leg into the foot. You may find useful a copy of the book, Pain Free, by Pete Egoscue. He details several stretching and strengthening exercises to address foot pain. There are other helpful resources on his website http://www.egoscue.com/meetpete.php.

abovo

Post by abovo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:30 am

One of the best brands for plantar fasciitis and the one I have personal experience with is Chaco. I mostly wear their sandals, but they have shoes too.
The first time I discovered them, I took the sandals on vacation, walked in them most of the time, barefoot, and was cured of my plantar fasciitis in one week. Felt close to a miracle to me at that time. Definitely worth checking out.

FelixTheCat

Post by FelixTheCat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 am

Don't waste your time with special shoes.

I had plantar for about a year trying various things. I was cured within three weeks after seeing a foot doctor. He'll give you special inserts for your shoes, a boot so your muscle can heal and physical therapy.
Felix is a wonderful, wonderful cat.

novicemoney

Post by novicemoney » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am

In Hawaii everyone takes their shoes off when entering a home. So you should get a pair of sandals dedicated for indoors if you walk around barefoot indoors. You need a pair that has a slightly elevated heel and a little arch support. Slippers or flip flops that are flat are no good. Orthaheel is a big manufacturer of this type of footwear. You can order online , but you should really stand in a pair, if you have bad plantar fasciitis you will know immediately if they are any good. Off the shelf footwear can work but you have to try them. If footwear have "medical" on their label they will cost you. But if they work it will be worth it. Sandals are not as good as proper shoes/orthotics, but as a practical issue indoors they can work well.

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 am

My foot pain is much better, I would say almost cured.

I just want to keep using a shoe that provides good support, I don't see myself ever going back to wearing whatever I can find. Plantar Fasciitis not something I want to let flare up again that much I know!
Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him. | -Dwight D. Eisenhower-

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:44 am

novicemoney wrote:In Hawaii everyone takes their shoes off when entering a home. So you should get a pair of sandals dedicated for indoors if you walk around barefoot indoors. You need a pair that has a slightly elevated heel and a little arch support. Slippers or flip flops that are flat are no good. Orthaheel is a big manufacturer of this type of footwear. You can order online , but you should really stand in a pair, if you have bad plantar fasciitis you will know immediately if they are any good. Off the shelf footwear can work but you have to try them. If footwear have "medical" on their label they will cost you. But if they work it will be worth it. Sandals are not as good as proper shoes/orthotics, but as a practical issue indoors they can work well.
You bring up a good point here, I do need to get a pair of good indoor shoes!

tarq476

Post by tarq476 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 am

I cured mine by buying better shoes and adding orthotic inserts with arch support. I bought Merrell hiking shoes. I'm sure there are other good brands, but very few have size 15 like I need. The inserts I use are Powerstep Pinnacle: http://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Pinnacl ... p+pinnacle , but again there are others that may be just as good.

I also stretched, rolled the foot with a frozen bottle, stopped walking barefoot, etc., but I think the arch support helped more than anything else. It really is a tricky thing to get rid of and took me many months.

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:49 am

drawpoker wrote:I have had bouts of plantar fasciitis. But only when I first get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor.
I can walk it off after 15 minutes or so.
Are you saying you have it all day?
I buy the Orthoheel brand of shoe from QVC (or HSN, can't remember now) They are supposed to be good for all kinds of foot problems. Expensive, though
I used to have it a good part of the day, like you I can now walk it off in 15mintues or less. Its not nearly what it was, I can not put it into words.

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 am

tarq476 wrote:I cured mine by buying better shoes and adding orthotic inserts with arch support. I bought Merrell hiking shoes. I'm sure there are other good brands, but very few have size 15 like I need. The inserts I use are Powerstep Pinnacle: http://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Pinnacl ... p+pinnacle , but again there are others that may be just as good.

I also stretched, rolled the foot with a frozen bottle, stopped walking barefoot, etc., but I think the arch support helped more than anything else. It really is a tricky thing to get rid of and took me many months.
I like the frozen water bottle idea, I have use a golf ball and baseball!

JoinToday

Post by JoinToday » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:59 am

I went to to foot dr. After one unsuccessful iteration with custom orthotics, he gave me some Powerstep ProTech Classic Plus Pro off the shelf shoe inserts. Made all the difference in the world. I bought a couple more sets of these inserts for my work boots and golf shoes. Powerstep makes a couple different varieties. These are the low profile version so they dont take a lot of room in your shoe. I also tried their regular version, didnt like them as much.

you have to either get these from a dr's office or get them off ebay or amazon. I went the ebay option for the 2nd & 3rd set of inserts. Cheaper than the Dr.
I wish I had learned about index funds 25 years ago

littlebird

Post by littlebird » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 pm

I went to Amazon and searched for "Plantar faciitis shoes" and found very satisfactory shoes, slippers and elastic bands.

AnimalCrackers

Post by AnimalCrackers » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Brooks Addiction walkers from Zappos (with custom orthotics).
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson

CABob

Post by CABob » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:36 pm

My DD who is a runner has had some PF problems in the past and swears by Heel that Pain. I also tried them and did not have great results. YMMV
Bob

curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Biggest help for me (and my wife), was not shoes or inserts, but shifting our walking to more hills and unpaved paths, and away from long stretches on flat pavement. The more varied stretching and motion during walking really seemed to help. I've really cranked up the miles (mostly walking) this year, with no problems.

I generally avoid the cheapest house-brand shoes, but otherwise I've been doing fine with NB, and even the Costco ones. Everyone's feet are different, of course, and I doubt the Costco shoes are available in size 15 anyway, but at ~$20/pr, I've been pretty satisfied (they don't breath well, but shifting to low socks keeps my feet from overheating).

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:56 pm

JoinToday wrote: you have to either get these from a dr's office or get them off ebay or amazon. I went the ebay option for the 2nd & 3rd set of inserts. Cheaper than the Dr.
I did not think of Ebay, I have some cash sitting in the Paypal account, perfect use for that.

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:00 pm

JoinToday wrote:I went to to foot dr. After one unsuccessful iteration with custom orthotics, he gave me some Powerstep ProTech Classic Plus Pro off the shelf shoe inserts. Made all the difference in the world. I bought a couple more sets of these inserts for my work boots and golf shoes. Powerstep makes a couple different varieties. These are the low profile version so they dont take a lot of room in your shoe. I also tried their regular version, didnt like them as much.

you have to either get these from a dr's office or get them off ebay or amazon. I went the ebay option for the 2nd & 3rd set of inserts. Cheaper than the Dr.

Did you go the 3/4 route or full length?

I have 3/4 length now, not the Protec brand and they seem to be decent, I forget the name of them.

Edit: Never mind I think the ProTech Classic Pro are only in full length!

William4u

Post by William4u » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:12 pm

I used to get professional custom inserts for my PF. Now I use Powerstep inserts, and find that they work exactly the same as the custom ones (they work great).

http://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Pinnacl ... 0049H2Z2G/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V0IBCS/

leehsm

Post by leehsm » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:30 pm

For 5 months I have PF in one foot. My Podiatrist had me get the exact same New Balance as shown in the 1 st posting. In addition he told me to use a heel pad. I find the new shoes to be quite heavy and stiff, he claims that's what was needed.l didn't find much pain relief so recently he gave me a Cortisone heel injection, that has not helped either. I see him again next week for his latest scheme. I would appreciate seeing some more details on arch supports that others may be using. I tried a pair off the shelf at Walgreens but they seemed very uncomfortable . Lee

Riversider

Post by Riversider » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:54 pm

I had a serious case of this but it wasn't shoes or doctors that cured me. It was a simple little exercise my wife taught me. Maybe you've seen it but here it is: In your bare or stocking feet (shoes off), stand facing a wall about three or four feet away from the wall. Stretch out your arms, keep you body rigidly straight, and slowly "fall" toward the wall with arms outstretched and put both palms up against the wall, catching and supporting yourself, while standing on the BALLS and toes of your feet. Your heels should be off the floor. For several minutes, do light "push-ups" against the wall: pushing away, then allowing yourself to fall closer again, maintaining control with arm muscle tension. You will feel stretching along the back of your feet and lower legs. Remember to keep your body rigid as you do your "push-ups". Do repetitions of 10 or 12 times. Make sure you feel the "stretching feel." Do these repetitions of 10 or 12 times two or three or four times a day for about a week or so. I did, and my pain completely disappeared and never came back. No special shoes, no doctors, no equipment. Good luck. -- Riversider

Egilbert

Post by Egilbert » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:58 pm

The NY Times recently had an article about a study published in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sport that described a new exercise for treatment of plantar fasciitis. According to the article, it is much more effective than the standard stretching that is usually prescribed. Article: http://nyti.ms/1m9emw9

edit: it looks similar to the exercise described by Riversider.

William4u

Post by William4u » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Riversider wrote:I had a serious case of this but it wasn't shoes or doctors that cured me. It was a simple little exercise my wife taught me. Maybe you've seen it but here it is: In your bare or stocking feet (shoes off), stand facing a wall about three or four feet away from the wall. Stretch out your arms, keep you body rigidly straight, and slowly "fall" toward the wall with arms outstretched and put both palms up against the wall, catching and supporting yourself, while standing on the BALLS and toes of your feet. Your heels should be off the floor. For several minutes, do light "push-ups" against the wall: pushing away, then allowing yourself to fall closer again, maintaining control with arm muscle tension. You will feel stretching along the back of your feet and lower legs. Remember to keep your body rigid as you do your "push-ups". Do repetitions of 10 or 12 times. Make sure you feel the "stretching feel." Do these repetitions of 10 or 12 times two or three or four times a day for about a week or so. I did, and my pain completely disappeared and never came back. No special shoes, no doctors, no equipment. Good luck. -- Riversider
Agreed. Stretching, strengthening, and massaging the calf area can be just as important as the fascia area in the foot for PF. In addition to the exercises above, I use one of these...
http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Tail-Rollin ... 000FE82QU/

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Riversider wrote:I had a serious case of this but it wasn't shoes or doctors that cured me. It was a simple little exercise my wife taught me. Maybe you've seen it but here it is: In your bare or stocking feet (shoes off), stand facing a wall about three or four feet away from the wall. Stretch out your arms, keep you body rigidly straight, and slowly "fall" toward the wall with arms outstretched and put both palms up against the wall, catching and supporting yourself, while standing on the BALLS and toes of your feet. Your heels should be off the floor. For several minutes, do light "push-ups" against the wall: pushing away, then allowing yourself to fall closer again, maintaining control with arm muscle tension. You will feel stretching along the back of your feet and lower legs. Remember to keep your body rigid as you do your "push-ups". Do repetitions of 10 or 12 times. Make sure you feel the "stretching feel." Do these repetitions of 10 or 12 times two or three or four times a day for about a week or so. I did, and my pain completely disappeared and never came back. No special shoes, no doctors, no equipment. Good luck. -- Riversider
I do the above plus the following, I think the following help the most. I have not had to do it much anymore as it has been better, not perfect but better! BTW its hard to do when the foot is so tender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hauyuX-uCq8

Tom_T

Post by Tom_T » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:09 pm

The shoes that helped my wife (along with all the therapy) are Eastland brand. There's a Web site. These are casual shoes, not athletic shoes.

William4u

Post by William4u » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:10 pm

dbCooperAir wrote:
I do the above plus the following, I think the following help the most. I have not had to do it much anymore as it has been better, not perfect but better! BTW its hard to do when the foot is so tender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hauyuX-uCq8

This is the exercise that research (mentioned in the NYTimes above) recommends...
http://youtu.be/sqxLXgACht0?t=1m10s

The exercise worked significantly better than stretching alone.

epilnk

Post by epilnk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:19 pm

My son has a major problem with plantar fasciitis - he has low arches and circulatory problems in his feet, both of which contribute. The podiatrist was able to change his life with custom molded insoles.

They're pricy, but when you see a 13 year old conscientiously moving his insoles from one shoe to another shoe to cleats and back to shoes, never misplacing them or losing track of them or even being too lazy to use them just this once, you know they are worth it.

GerryL

Post by GerryL » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:34 pm

I suffered from PF for over a year before I saw my doctor (and found out what was bothering me) 14 years ago. She recommended 3 things, two of which I did, and no longer have a problem:

1) Get Dr Scholl's inserts. These are half-foot cushions. Ladies' are lavender color. Don't recall what color men's size are. I wear these in all my shoes that are intended for walking or standing. Very inexpensive -- $5-8 dollars at just about any general store -- and can be used with most shoes -- even cheap shoes.

2) Occasionally exercise your feet by standing with the front part of your foot on a stair step and stretch the feet up and down a few times.

3) Wear good supportive shoes in the house instead of going shoeless. Nope. Still don't do that. But shortly after the diagnosis I went on an 8-week driving trip, so I was wearing shoes (with the inserts) almost all day, so that probably helped.

Someone also told me that the more you sit the worse the PF feels because it starts to heal but then you start walking and "unheal" it. That's why it feels worse in the morning when you get up.

Postmon

Post by Postmon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I tried everything including custom inserts but nothing worked. Then I tried Birkenstocks Arizona sandals and I was in heaven. Not the most stylish but who cares! I later added Birkenstock inserts to my athletic shoes and hiking boots. They're almost as comfortable as the sandals.

dgdevil

Post by dgdevil » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Croc's Specialist, recommended by my foot doctor, about $30 on Amazon. Probably better as a ¨house shoe" given society attitudes to Crocs on adults. But calf muscle stretching is really the best solution.

4nursebee

Post by 4nursebee » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 pm

New Balance does me well, but I go to their store and tell them of my issues.
Weight loss helped. 10# was all it took
CUSTOM ORTHOTICS- I got a Rx from regular MD, had a local orthotics/prosthetics group make me two pair.
$300 custom sandals
There are some great taping videos online-watch them and get some different tapes on hand.
Night boot PITA!
I did not get shots.
I looked into ultrasound destruction of heel spurs, forget what it is called. The technology did not show good evidence, insurance did not pay, docs stopped doing it.
I wear nothing now, but put up with it for years.

Oh the crying on the way to the bathroom first thing in the am.
4nursebee

Peter Foley

Post by Peter Foley » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm

I suffered from Plantar Fasciitis for a few years before figuring out what it was. I switched running shoes to a New Balance model designed to counter PF. It went away over the course of a couple months and has never returned. I was also told that I was wearing my shoes too long - that they were not providing the support I needed.

chrysogonus

Post by chrysogonus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm

I had mild plantar fasciitis, and had a reasonable amount of luck with a brace like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Futuro-Plantar-Fa ... 0057M3TWC/

You can only wear it at night, but I think it helped stretch my calf.

msj16

Post by msj16 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Custom orthotics worked for me.
Last edited by msj16 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidkw

Post by davidkw » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

I had plantar fasciitis last year. The custom orthotics from the first podiatrist were a joke. Never could get them to fit right. I was out $400. I went to another podiatrist and the Power Steps inserts fit well with my high arch. They made the difference. Super Feet insert are good too, but do not have as high of an arch.

Ice the foot plenty and elevate it. Also do he stretching. I found riding the bike at the gym helped since that got the blood flowing in the foot. That helps healing.
David | | From Jack Brennan's "Straight Talk on Investing", page 23 "Living below your means is the ultimate financial strategy"

Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:17 pm

As an avid runner, over dealt with PF for years. 5 years to be exact. I've tried custom inserts and hates them. I wear super feet green in all my shoes and that helps, mostly. My feet never hurt when I run or when I get up in the morning. They do hurt badly when I walk or stand for any amount of time beyond 15 minutes.

Not running would probably help, but I'm too stubborn to give up and will run my fourth marathon in 5 years in a few weeks. I know the mileage doesn't allow me to heal properly, so I'm going to go hard after it after theta marathon.

I can attest that stretching and strengthening your calves is a big part of it as well.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm

As a reminder, medical issues (claims to help a condition) are off-topic. See: Forum Policy
Medical Issues

Questions on medical issues are beyond the scope of the forum. If you are looking for medical information online, I'd like to suggest you start with the Medical Library Association's User's Guide to Finding and Evaluating Health Information on the Web which, in addition to providing guidance on evaluating health information, includes lists of their top recommended sites in the following categories: consumer health, cancer, diabetes and heart disease. They also provide a larger, but less frequently updated, list called Top 100 List: Health Websites You Can Trust.
Try to stay focused on the shoes.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Tom_T

Post by Tom_T » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 am

FYI, the replacement "flip flop" brand that my wife switched to is Oofos. Very cushiony with excellent arch support. Wearing these around the house instead of going barefoot has really helped.

dbCooperAir

Post by dbCooperAir » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 am

Thanks everyone, I have plenty to go here.

midareff

Post by midareff » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:23 am

Have had and cured a few times. Nightboot has been very effective for me,, generally a week or less. If that does not work it's the Podietrist and a needle.

littlebird

Post by littlebird » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

Tom_T wrote:FYI, the replacement "flip flop" brand that my wife switched to is Oofos. Very cushiony with excellent arch support. Wearing these around the house instead of going barefoot has really helped.
+ 1

GeauxBR

Post by GeauxBR » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Mine has subsided after getting a strassburg sock to sleep in (amazon) and switching to altra shoes (altra Olympus).

Can't stress the shoes enough. I have a big interest in hiking a lot in retirement. In reading different hiking journals/blogs I stumbled onto the altra Olympus shoes. I bought 1 pair to try, and a week later ordered 2 more pair in the other colors because they instantly made my PF feel better.

windaar

Post by windaar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Go to a Crocs store; there are many models that look like regular shoes but feel like crocs. They really help. That and the stretching that you can look up online.

4nursebee

Post by 4nursebee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 am

I recall that "needles" and the drugs they deliver can damage that which they are trying to help, especially with repeated use.
4nursebee

ralph124cf

Post by ralph124cf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:45 pm

I have had PF on and of for 20 years. About ten years ago, my orthopod made custom orthotics that cured my problem, as long as I continue to wear them. My insurance will pay for one set per year.

I initially had night boots, which worked well, but I found that standard boots worked as well, provided you are willing to wear boots to bed. If you travel as much as I did prior to retirement, you will not have trouble with your spouse about this.

Ralph