NY Yankees seats - best value?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
jb3

NY Yankees seats - best value?

Post by jb3 »

New Yorkers...I'm taking my kids to their first NY Yankees game. Which seats are the best value? I'm taking 6 people so and trying to balance fun without spending thousands of dollars. Thanks.
bigb

Re: NY Yankees seats - best value?

Post by bigb »

I think the bleachers are a ton of fun. Last time I went I only spent 15 or 20 buying on stubhub. Obviously you can't see the game as well out there, but you obviously don't feel as obligated to stay in them all game either.
rj49

Post by rj49 »

bigb wrote:I think the bleachers are a ton of fun. Last time I went I only spent 15 or 20 buying on stubhub. Obviously you can't see the game as well out there, but you obviously don't feel as obligated to stay in them all game either.
I remember going to a Yankees game in their old stadium, and the crowd in the right field bleachers spent much of the game chanting obscenities at Albert Bell, so I'm not sure if it's a place where I'd want to take kids, although it might be different in the new stadium. The bleachers were also the place where one fan reached up to catch a home run ball and the gun under his short showed. Overall I got the sense it was a rough crowd with mob group behavior going on, with taunting and harassing people wearing Orioles gear, so it might be worth spending a bit more for a safer experience that's also closer to the action.
ajcp

Post by ajcp »

rj49 wrote:
bigb wrote:I think the bleachers are a ton of fun. Last time I went I only spent 15 or 20 buying on stubhub. Obviously you can't see the game as well out there, but you obviously don't feel as obligated to stay in them all game either.
I remember going to a Yankees game in their old stadium, and the crowd in the right field bleachers spent much of the game chanting obscenities at Albert Bell, so I'm not sure if it's a place where I'd want to take kids, although it might be different in the new stadium. The bleachers were also the place where one fan reached up to catch a home run ball and the gun under his short showed. Overall I got the sense it was a rough crowd with mob group behavior going on, with taunting and harassing people wearing Orioles gear, so it might be worth spending a bit more for a safer experience that's also closer to the action.
There's a lot of friendly ribbing in every stadium, but I wouldn't call it unsafe, especially today. You can't keep out every bad person, unfortunately, but I'd have no problem taking kids to the bleachers for that. But I'm not a fan of them because bleachers are not that comfortable when you're sitting in them for 3 hours. I'd spend the little extra and get actual seats, but beyond that I'd say it comes down to personal preference.
tony44

Post by tony44 »

jcb3030 wrote:New Yorkers...I'm taking my kids to their first NY Yankees game. Which seats are the best value? I'm taking 6 people so and trying to balance fun without spending thousands of dollars. Thanks.
Put the money in their VG accounts and watch the game on TV....gas, tolls, parking, tickets, and food. You are going to drop a minimum of 600-800 for a baseball game?
atreat600

Post by atreat600 »

I have been a Yankee partial season ticket holder for years. First off, the stadium is completely safe and anyone that says otherwise hasnt been there in a long time. In regards to best value, I don't know your price range, but truly the best value is the 400 level near the in-field. You can get face value tickets for 25-40 dollars apiece depending on location. Although it is the 400 level, the view isnt all that bad...and I would recommend these over the bleachers any day.
red5

Post by red5 »

tony44 wrote:
jcb3030 wrote:New Yorkers...I'm taking my kids to their first NY Yankees game. Which seats are the best value? I'm taking 6 people so and trying to balance fun without spending thousands of dollars. Thanks.
Put the money in their VG accounts and watch the game on TV....gas, tolls, parking, tickets, and food. You are going to drop a minimum of 600-800 for a baseball game?
Life is about experiences and going to Yankee Stadium is quite an experience (and I'm a Sox fan!). I've been to the old stadium 4 or 5 times and will treasure those memories for all my life.

OP, just get some affordable seats (anywhere in the stadium will do) and enjoy your time.
stickman731

Post by stickman731 »

Use TiqIQ.com to get best pricing if you are flexible.
awval999

Post by awval999 »

I recommend Stubhub. The longer you wait the even better the values are, but then again you may not want to wait until day of.
Calm Man

Post by Calm Man »

Either buy on stubhub or buy at the Yankees ticket office. But do not buy from the Yankees online because they hit you with fees that are to say the least , sick. Now the Yankees are the only team I am aware of that does not permit edelivery of tickets on stubhub until a day or two before so as to dissuade people from doing that. So keep an eye on the inventory both on stubhub and at the Yankees site. If you ever see a game on tv or live you will see tha more than half of the seats behind the plate are empty. They cost $650 or more and the commissioner has called them a good value.

To your original question, as one poster indicated, the 400 level is OK. However I always do the 300 level or 200 level somewhere at or between the bases. The field level is too low for my tastes and 400 a little too high. You should get the 200 level at less than $100 and the 30 level at less than $75. Good luck.
Boglegrappler

Post by Boglegrappler »

Every time I've been to a game in NY I always wonder how the people around me afforded their seats.
bowest

Post by bowest »

In terms or the balance between value and quality, I'd suggest trying main level (which is actually the second tier) seats on the first-base and rightfield side between 215-210. Get them on stubhub or fansnap.

You'll get clean sight lines, quick access to your seats and exits from 161st Street, and you're near the Yankee museum in the stadium. There's easy access to concessions and bathrooms as well.
I remember going to a Yankees game in their old stadium, and the crowd in the right field bleachers spent much of the game chanting obscenities at Albert Bell,
Those were the days! "Joeeeey. Joeeeey!" That was the previous century tho. Yankee Stadium has since been replaced and the area has been sanitized and scrubbed of riffraff. I had partial seasons from 1989 until 3 years ago. It was the Bronx Zoo through the late 1990s. I was at a Saturday night game when Belle was coming up with the Indians and some fruit from the upper deck landed with a splat in the on-deck circle near Belle as he was waiting his turn to bat. He then put on his helmet.
tomd37

Post by tomd37 »

I remember going to Yankee Stadium in the late 40s or early 50s when center field had the monument in the playing area. Not a Yankee fan, but the box tickets were free. My loyalty was across the river with the "Bums". Was at the Polo Grounds for the final 1951 National League game when Bobby Thomson hit his pennant winning homerun for the Giants in the last of the ninth to beat the Dodgers for the National League Championship. :(
Tom D.