Help with Apple Time Capsule

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
InvestoGuy

Help with Apple Time Capsule

Post by InvestoGuy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello:
A friend of mine is using the Apple Time Capsule device for backups. He has over 3-4 years of data backed up on it. Recently, after getting a new MacBook Air he was no longer able to access and retrieve the files on Time Capsule. The message is somewhere along the lines of 'incompatible OS etc.'. When he tried to connect using his old MacBook Air (with the compatible OS), he still was not able to retrieve the backups.
Does anyone know of a online / phone service that can help him. Apple Tech Support has been of no help at all.
Thanks.

JupiterJones

Re: Help with Apple Time Capsule

Post by JupiterJones » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm a bit confused. Is the Time Capsule working with Apple's Time Machine to make automatic backups? Such that it's basically a mirror of what should still be on the laptop (for use in cases where the laptop's hard drive crashes)?

Or was your friend manually copying over things that were then deleted from the laptop, such that the Time Capsule has the only copy?
Stay on target...

LifeIsGood

Re: Help with Apple Time Capsule

Post by LifeIsGood » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 am

I've had pretty good success at http://forums.macrumors.com/index.php. Pick the forum for the appropriate version of OSX.