2013. CR-V or RAV4.

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
goru1

2013. CR-V or RAV4.

Post by goru1 »

Please comment.

Thanks.
mark18068

Re: 2013. CR-V or RAV4.

Post by mark18068 »

Personally, I prefer the new Rav. However, I think that either will serve your needs well - go with the one that you like best!
Toons

Post by Toons »

Just purchased 2013 crv 2 weeks ago after much deliberation between Rav and Crv.
Test drove both of them ,pros and cons to both. You won't go wrong with either one you
choose . I chose the Crv,extremely comfortable,smooth ride,plenty of horsepower in the
4 cylinder engine( I live near the mountains)Honda quality,couldn't
be more pleased. Also own a Honda Fit ,no problems,excellent sub compact. :happy

http://www.thecarconnection.com/overvie ... _cr-v_2013

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/ca ... d/overall/
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
countofmc

Post by countofmc »

CR-V is in it 2nd year of production for the current model. RAV4 is all-new. So that would favor the CR-V imo, but that's just because I have an aversion towards purchasing cars in its first model year.

That being said, I do not think there is a "wrong" decision here. I'd say you test drive both cars, check out the features, see which has better deals when you are ready to buy, and go with that one.
BYUvol

Post by BYUvol »

I really like Honda's maintenance minder. I'm not sure if Toyota has something similar, but I like being reminded when its due for scheduled maintenance and oil changes without needing to crack open the manual.

That feature on our Civic is reason enough for me to give first chance to Honda for our next larger vehicle.
Dave76

Post by Dave76 »

Neither. Too many recalls on Hondas and Toyotas. The quality has gone downhill.
Hematocrit

Post by Hematocrit »

Just bought a new 2013 CRV LX for my mom
She had an 2005 CRV with 160K on it so just got a new model

If you buy the CRV or any Honda, you can get the extended warranty through a Honda dealership online at rock bottom prices.
Toons

Post by Toons »

Dave76 wrote:Neither. Too many recalls on Hondas and Toyotas. The quality has gone downhill.

???
Is this recall ,quality issue with Honda a recent issue?Very interested in info. :happy

The Warranty Direct Top 100 Most Reliable Used Cars Of The Past Decade
Honda Accord
Subaru Forester
Mazda MX-5
Mitsubishi Carisma
Toyota Yaris
Honda Civic
Nissan Almera
Honda CR-V
Toyota RAV4
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee