looking for best prepaid cell phone and carrier

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
looking

looking for best prepaid cell phone and carrier

Post by looking » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:01 am

looking for best prepaid cell with carrier and where I can buy unlocked phone and who takes it as carrrier

samjuno

Re: looking for best prepaid cell phone and carrier

Post by samjuno » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 pm

I like Boost Mobile. Pay $10 every 90 days and it gets added on to my balance. Don't use my cell phone very often, but figure $3.33/month is worth having it. Love my Sanyo Mirro, but don't think it's available anymore.

Runs on Sprint network.

-sam

Hastibe

Post by Hastibe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 pm

http://www.safelinkwireless.com, if you're eligible. :happy

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:47 am

I think you may have posted this on the wrong forum, but here's a link to an earlier discussion that might provide some answers. There are also other posts on phones that you could find with search.

http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90757

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Yes, it was in the wrong forum. So was the link to the earlier discussion (in human readable format): What's the cheapest cell phone if you don't need minutes?

Both threads are now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (cellphones).
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

sdrone

Post by sdrone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm

One of these days I have to sit down and figure out the best plan for my wife and I.

She needs maybe 20m of talk time per month.

I need about 300 to 400m talk per month, and something like 200m of data per month. I currently have Tmobile and really like both the service and my phone. I think I I can buy Straight Talk or Net10 SIM cards for Tmobile.