The most reliable 4-door sedan in 2013 is Camry?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Jerilynn

Re: The most reliable 4-door sedan in 2013 is Camry?

Post by Jerilynn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm

I just ordered a 2013 Ruby Red Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium with every option available. It got high grades from multiple sources of data. Evidently they are rare as hen's teeth.
Cordially, Jeri . . . 100% all natural asset allocation. (no supernatural methods used)

mike143

Post by mike143 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:56 am

Jerilynn wrote:I just ordered a 2013 Ruby Red Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium with every option available. It got high grades from multiple sources of data. Evidently they are rare as hen's teeth.
Just note they are really missing their fuel economy rating: http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/20 ... laims.html
Nothing is free, someone pays...You can't spend your way to financial freedom.

Spirit Rider

Post by Spirit Rider » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:30 am

Maybe if people didn't drive at 80+mph on the highway and always have their foot in the engine comparment when accelerating, they might approach the mileage ratings.

I have a 2009 Fusion AWD. Its highway rating is 26mpg. I routinely get 30+ just by using moderate acceleration and averaging 65mph. The combined rating is 21mpg and I routinely get 24mpg for the same reason, I don't do jack rabbit starts and I don't scream up to the lights and jam on the breaks.

Hybrid's efficiencies are highly sensitive to the actions of the driver. If you are expecting to get good mileage with a hybrid you need to drive it like a hybrid and not like a muscle car you are trying to impress a teenage girl with.

CountryBoy

Post by CountryBoy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 am

Postby Jerilynn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm
I just ordered a 2013 Ruby Red Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium with every option available. It got high grades from multiple sources of data. Evidently they are rare as hen's teeth.
Consumers Report 2013 Car Issue:
Regular readers know that we are not fans of Ford's MyFord Touch and My Lincoln Touch infotainment systems. The controls are overly complicated, cumbersome to use, and potentially distracting. But aside from the usability problems, we have had numerous electronic glitches and system crashes in our test vehicles systems. As it turns out, we are not the only ones...............

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Spirit Rider wrote:Maybe if people didn't drive at 80+mph on the highway and always have their foot in the engine comparment when accelerating, they might approach the mileage ratings.

I have a 2009 Fusion AWD. Its highway rating is 26mpg. I routinely get 30+ just by using moderate acceleration and averaging 65mph. The combined rating is 21mpg and I routinely get 24mpg for the same reason, I don't do jack rabbit starts and I don't scream up to the lights and jam on the breaks.

Hybrid's efficiencies are highly sensitive to the actions of the driver. If you are expecting to get good mileage with a hybrid you need to drive it like a hybrid and not like a muscle car you are trying to impress a teenage girl with.
All valid criticisms, except the Consumer Reports article that mike143 linked to was talking about CR's tests of the mileage, not just reports from the average Joe's driving habits. CR's tests are fully described in the article, which included "regimented speeds" for the city tests and only 65mph for the highway tests. For those that find the summary still lacking, they have a detailed article on their testing protocol at http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/abou ... /index.htm

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Consumer Reports also has an article describing why there might be a difference between the EPA mileage estimates and their testing methodology for the Ford hybrids: http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/20 ... tests.html

Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm

mike143 wrote:
Jerilynn wrote:I just ordered a 2013 Ruby Red Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium with every option available. It got high grades from multiple sources of data. Evidently they are rare as hen's teeth.
Just note they are really missing their fuel economy rating: http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/20 ... laims.html
Yep, I saw that. Typical of EPA 'sticker' values.
Cordially, Jeri . . . 100% all natural asset allocation. (no supernatural methods used)

Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

CountryBoy wrote:
Postby Jerilynn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm
Consumers Report 2013 Car Issue:
Regular readers know that we are not fans of Ford's MyFord Touch and My Lincoln Touch infotainment systems. The controls are overly complicated, cumbersome to use, and potentially distracting. But aside from the usability problems, we have had numerous electronic glitches and system crashes in our test vehicles systems. As it turns out, we are not the only ones...............
Yep, saw that too.

I'm pretty much committed to getting a Ford. Family member worked there, so I pretty much *have* to buy one for family harmony sake. Fortunately, I can get new cars at a good price on the A/Z plan.

Quality-wise, Ford is not on the same level as some of the Asian manufacturers. But, as far as Fords go, this was the best choice for me. Literally, YMMV. ;)