Quicken Deluxe 2013 Free with TurboTax Purchase at Amazon

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Kenkat

Quicken Deluxe 2013 Free with TurboTax Purchase at Amazon

Post by Kenkat »

Amazon is running a great deal on TurboTax and Quicken 2013 right now. I needed to upgrade my 2010 Deluxe version of Quicken to keep transaction downloads working (don't love having to do that but ya know...) and saw this on Amazon:
When you purchase the 2012 versions of TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business, you qualify for special savings on Quicken 2013.

Use promo code BTTG3OSE to save $30 on Quicken Starter Edition 2013, or use promo code BTTG35QK to save $35 on Quicken Deluxe 2013, Premier 2013, Home & Business 2013, or Essentials for Mac.
I got TurboTax Basic for $23.47; Quicken Deluxe 2013 lists for $29.99 on Amazon but was free after the promo code. Free shipping as well as it qualified before deducting the promo code. So $23.47 out the door for both products.
Last edited by Kenkat on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
crowd79

Re: Great Deal on TurboTax and Quicken 2013 at Amazon

Post by crowd79 »

I do my taxes for free with TurboTax Freedom edition.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Quicken Deluxe 2013 Free with TurboTax Purchase at Amazo

Post by LadyGeek »

I just purchased TurboTax Deluxe for $39.99 (+tacks) at amazon.com and received a $35 promotional credit, which must be used by April 30, 2013.

Quicken Deluxe 2013 is $29.99, so I got it for free. I am happy to report that not much has changed from Quick 2011. How do I know? The same trick I've been using since 2005 to remove the annoying registration prompt (nag screen) still works. :D
Hold down control and shift keys while clicking on the one step update button (Tools --> One Step Update...). You will get a prompt to disable the nag.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 »

Is there any way to do this with the download versions?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Both of my purchases were the downloaded versions, you shouldn't have any problems.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
Kenkat

Post by Kenkat »

I'd put the download versions in your cart and then enter the promo code and see if it applies the discount. My guess would be that it will. You have a chance to see the final price before you submit your order.
Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 »

kenschmidt wrote:I'd put the download versions in your cart and then enter the promo code and see if it applies the discount. My guess would be that it will. You have a chance to see the final price before you submit your order.
Didn't work.
Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 »

LadyGeek wrote:Both of my purchases were the downloaded versions, you shouldn't have any problems.

I understand. HOW did you do it? It doesn't let me put both of them in a cart. You go right to buy and download. Did you just buy/download Turbotax first, then the discount worked when you bought/download Quicken?

I even have Amazon on the phone and they are telling me that it doesn't apply to download version. Of course it's some guy in India answering on Sunday, so I'm not sure he knows.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I think there's a separate product ID for the download version. Try this one: Quicken Deluxe 2013 (PC version). If you're not logged in, there will be a "Buy and download" option.
Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 »

LadyGeek wrote:I think there's a separate product ID for the download version. Try this one: Quicken Deluxe 2013 (PC version). If you're not logged in, there will be a "Buy and download" option.
Thank you. I was able to get to the "Buy and Download" option. However, it doesn't give me the option to do both at the same time.

Did you "Buy and Download" Turbotax first, then go back and "Buy and Download" Quicken using the code?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Yes, I bought TurboTax first. I didn't know about the promotional credit until I got the email. Then, I found this thread. :)

The credit was automatically applied at time of purchase, I didn't need to enter any codes into the order. The total cost was $0.00. Theoretically, I still have $5 left but I don't want to buy anything else.
Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 »

I did it that way, and got it for free. Thanks!
jghassell

Post by jghassell »

Just did this. I had to buy TurboTax Deluxe and then complete the download. Then I got an e-mail saying that a promo credit was applied to my account. I then went to buy Quicken Deluxe and the discount was applied at checkout. Worked like a charm--just a little confusing to get started.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Does anyone know if this deal is still available? I scoured the Amazon site and could find nothing. TT Deluxe is $44 now instead on 39.99, so I'm thinking it might be over.
Topic Author
Kenkat

Post by Kenkat »

I still see it under Special Offers and Product Promotions:

http://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Deluxe-F ... FC83VD7FR3
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Thanks - embarrassed I couldn't find it without assistance, but I appreciate your help! :oops: