Heads Up - Rude Vanguard Rep

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
stemikger

Heads Up - Rude Vanguard Rep

Post by stemikger »

I recently transferred money from one Vanguard account to another and the customer service rep was so rude and not very knowledgeable. At the end of the transaction he practically hung up the phone without going over any of the information like other reps did in the past. The transaction was posted correctly, but I was taken aback by this unprofessional and rude rep. It was the first time that happened with Vanguard.

I guess when you hold a company to a higher standard like I do with Vanguard - this really leaves an impression. Hope this is not a new trend.
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
Sam I Am

Re: Heads Up - Rude Vanguard Rep

Post by Sam I Am »

I would either call or email Vanguard with the specifics.

Rudeness should be addressed, but without a notification Vanguard probably can't do much to address the issue.

Sam I Am
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Sam I Am wrote:I would either call or email Vanguard with the specifics.

Rudeness should be addressed, but without a notification Vanguard probably can't do much to address the issue.

Sam I Am
Definitely call Vanguard. Transaction calls are recorded, so there's a traceable verification of your allegation.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
BostonBoy

Post by BostonBoy »

You should let Vanguard know how you were treated.
Toons

Post by Toons »

Call Vanguard ,they Want to know when clients are both satisfied or dissatisfied with service. :happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
NAVigator

Post by NAVigator »

Let's hope the call was being recorded "for training purposes".

I just called a few days ago to initiate a 401k from Fidelity to Vanguard. The back to back phone calls gave me a rare opportunity for a brief comparison of the two companies. I am happy to say that Vanguard won, but then they were on the receiving end of the transaction! :wink:

Jerry
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
rotorhead

Post by rotorhead »

I have had a number of phone exchanges with Vanguard on several different matters in the past year; all were most satisfactory. Same thing with Fidelity. If one has a serious enough gripe with them to [complain (edit by admin LadyGeek)] about it publicly, I should think the appropriate action would be calling Vanguard's customer service; and file a complaint. All their calls are recorded, so it could get sorted out very quickly.
Topic Author
stemikger

Post by stemikger »

Thanks for the advice. I am not going to call because this was the first time this happened, but if it does hapen again I most certainly will. Thanks again.
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
haban01

Post by haban01 »

Vanguard didn't get to 2 Trillion is AUM with bad customer service. Voice of the Customer. If you don't report it and give constructive feedback, they do not know it happened! I would contact them!
Eric | | "Stay the Course" | "Press on Regardless"
Browser

Post by Browser »

Who [inappropriate language removed by admin LadyGeek] do you call with your concerns? You just get the usual 800 number and shuffle along in the cattle queue until you talk to another [person (edit by admin LadyGeek)]. I've had two major problems with Vanguard and feel like my concerns never get the attention of anyone above the mailboy. My solution is to take my money out of Vanguard, and I recommend that to others.
We don't know where we are, or where we're going -- but we're making good time.
justus

Post by justus »

I'm sure they'd be able to track who you worked with and use this as a training opportunity. You're not doing anyone any favors by venting on a public forum while not providing feedback to the people who can actually effect change.
bottlecap

Post by bottlecap »

How were they unprofessional and rude?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

As a reminder, this forum is not to be used for general complaints about a company. Although inappropriate behavior by a company employee is a not a general complaint, it is very difficult to address in an open internet forum due to privacy concerns. This is a matter which should be handled by direct contact with Vanguard. IOW, defining the problem as "X treated me poorly" can't get resolved here.

If it was a specific problem, such as mishandling some forms, we have a thread for that: My (horrible) experience with Vanguard

For these reasons, this thread is locked. Additionally, I removed some rude remarks...
We expect this forum to be a place where people can feel comfortable asking questions and where debates and discussions are conducted in civil tones.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.