Healthcare Alliance Pharmacy Discount Card

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
NateW

Healthcare Alliance Pharmacy Discount Card

Post by NateW » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm

I just received in the mail what appears to junk mail (but with an attempt to look professional), sent "presorted standard" class from Healthcare Alliance, with the caption "Good News--You've Been Accepted". The letter is personalized and has two Pharmacy Discount Cards affixed with what appears to be policy type numbers (BIN, GRP, PCN initials appear before the numbers). The letter touts "You and your family are eligible for absolutely free pharmacy savings cards. Never pay 'no coverage' prices again". This looks like a gimmick. Anyone have any information on this? Anyone else receive these (I searched the Forum on "Healthcare Alliance Pharmacy Discount Card" and "Healthcare Alliance" and nothing was found). I am not interested in such a benefit, since I have a medical insurance with $10 co-pay for generics. But I am curious if this is a scam or something legitimate. Thanks,

--Nate

Langkawi

Re: Healthcare Alliance Pharmacy Discount Card

Post by Langkawi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:29 pm

NateW wrote:I searched the Forum on "Healthcare Alliance Pharmacy Discount Card" and "Healthcare Alliance" and nothing was found
You searched the forum but not Google? Seriously?

bertilak

Re: Healthcare Alliance Pharmacy Discount Card

Post by bertilak » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Try Google again. I got 43,000,000 hits on "healthcare alliance." First hit was their very own website: http://thehealthcarealliance.com/. And I could swear the "doctor" they show is related to Steve Martin!
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker, the Cowboy Poet