Where Can I Read A Daily Summary of Financial News?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
investor.saver1

Where Can I Read A Daily Summary of Financial News?

Post by investor.saver1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 am

Does anyone have a recommendation for an internet site that publishes a concise summary of the day's financial news...and of course is FREE?
Investor.Saver1 | | Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Where Can I Read A Daily Summary of Financial News?

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm

This topic is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (websites, blogs, etc.).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

john94549

Post by john94549 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 am

I like Bloomberg's "quickview" (tab second from left, on the top). First thing in the morning, before the market opens, gives you a snapshot of financial news, the futures markets, foreign markets, you name it.

The rest of the site provides interesting commentary on various and sundry. Pleasantly few ads and easy navigation.

If you wish to by-pass the Bloomberg home page (recommended; it's very cluttered, in my opinion), here is the direct link to "quickview":

www.bloomberg.com/quickview/

investor.saver1

Post by investor.saver1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Bloomberg Quickview is exactly what I was looking for John94549. Again...thanks to all!
Investor.Saver1 | | Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

jonmmonson

Post by jonmmonson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 am

Download "Marketwatch" app for IPad or IPhone.