Moto One Action phone issue

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
BashDash

Moto One Action phone issue

Post by BashDash »

Hi all,
Thanks for the help in all of my past posts!

My wife's charged Moto One Action phone dies over night. This causes an issue as she uses it as an alarm. Also quite unusual to go from mostly charged to dead like that. Yesterday, it charged for ten minutes then went on no problem and was fine the rest of the day. Happened again last night. Is this a battery issue? I don't think the phone is that old at all. Any thoughts? Thanks!
sycamore

Re: Moto One Action phone issue

Post by sycamore »

BashDash wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:22 am Hi all,
Thanks for the help in all of my past posts!

My wife's charged Moto One Action phone dies over night. This causes an issue as she uses it as an alarm. Also quite unusual to go from mostly charged to dead like that. Yesterday, it charged for ten minutes then went on no problem and was fine the rest of the day. Happened again last night. Is this a battery issue? I don't think the phone is that old at all. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Check the battery usage to see what apps are using up the battery since the last charge. Remove/uninstall the offending app(s) or configure them to not use so much battery.
Topic Author
BashDash

Post by BashDash »

Thanks! I'm assuming I'll go into the "battery" section of settings and this info should be on there.....Thanks!
squirm

Post by squirm »

You have to calibrate the battery. Google how to do it. Mine did the same.
Topic Author
BashDash

Post by BashDash »

Just googled it. Thanks!!! I had checked the app battery usage and nothing seemed unusual....I did put it in battery saver and turn location services off so that might help too.
squirm

Post by squirm »

BashDash wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:09 am Just googled it. Thanks!!! I had checked the app battery usage and nothing seemed unusual....I did put it in battery saver and turn location services off so that might help too.
Yeah, it's not an app hogging the battery, the battery management system is messed up, this fixes it.
Topic Author
BashDash

Post by BashDash »

Thanks. Calibrating right now :)
Topic Author
BashDash

Post by BashDash »

Me again :). Did the full calibration. Worked well for 2-3 weeks. Phone dead again this morning. Calibrate again or is this some other issue? Thanks!!!!
RickBoglehead

Post by RickBoglehead »

You might want to try Motorola's forum. https://support.motorola.com/us/en/prod ... wseProduct

Or plug it in overnight... :shock:
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.
squirm

Post by squirm »

Download accubattery, charge it up a few times and look at the battery health.