News article: Go ahead and call him a Boglehead

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

News article: Go ahead and call him a Boglehead

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Hi:

Bogleheads in the news:

From the Cheska Herald: Go ahead and call him a Boglehead [Link fixed by admin LadyGeek. Enable cookies to view]
Go ahead and call Mike Cote a “Boglehead.” He would be flattered. And he would like you to be one, too.
regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
bob90245

Post by bob90245 »

Nice article.
Ignore the market noise. Keep to your rebalancing schedule whether that is semi-annual, annual or trigger bands.
CABob

Post by CABob »

Very good article including free advertising for Vanguard and the Bogleheads. What is Mike Cote's username? Or is that for us to figure out?
Bob
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

CABob wrote:Very good article including free advertising for Vanguard and the Bogleheads. What is Mike Cote's username? Or is that for us to figure out?
Jeff MC?
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
Harold

Post by Harold »

EmergDoc wrote:Jeff MC?
He's elsewhere in the article.
Howard Donnelly

Post by Howard Donnelly »

I liked it. Thank you for posting the article. :)
jeff mc

Post by jeff mc »

mike is awesome. he's been a long-time member of our MN chapter, and is now leading a splinter group on the west side metro area.

he has a passion for helping people find the boglehead way, similar to most of us on this forum. as he said, he was a boglehead long before he knew what a boglehead was.

way to go, mike!

i've always said that i look forward to the day that a MN splinter group (west side and east side groups) have more attendees than the 'original' BH group. that would be proof that the word does indeed continue to spread. with mike doing media contacts like this, i think that day may not be too far off. which is truly awesome. onward!