Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:09 am
Amazing. It is truly horrific that investors, as CAPTIVE customers of these products, are not guaranteed some basic protections.
Either free us from captivity and enable real competition or at least give us some basic protection.
That's very frustrating!
- Posts: 2618
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:25 am
- Location: Washington
What are you referring to exactly?
- Posts: 6690
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm
- Location: NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Eric White wrote:CAPTIVE customers...
Dosen't apply at all.
If you don't like the game, than don't play.
- Posts: 1718
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am
- Location: Oklahoma
GammaPoint wrote:What are you referring to exactly?
I think the OP was targeted to this
- Posts: 11083
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:05 pm
- Location: Puget Sound
Mutual funds have lots of protections. If a fund company goes bankrupt a mutual fund is segrated and protected from creditors.