"Vectors"

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

"Vectors"

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

I am somewhat of a newsletter junkie. It dates back 50 years ago when the Miami Library subscribed to several dozen financial newsletters. I would go down to the library every month to read the latest newsletters--and the 5 inch thick Morningstar Mutual Funds.

In my opinion, currently one of the best financial newsletters is Vectors by George Sisti. Mr. Sisti is a former airline pilot turned financial advisor. This is a link to his latest issue of Vectors:

Vectors

Comments appreciated.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom:"The Bogleheads forum is a treasure trove of information, as its contributors and visitors alike help one another, with no axe to grind, in all matter of topics that essentially cover the entire field of investing."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Triple digit golfer

Re: "Vectors"

Post by Triple digit golfer »

Thanks Taylor. I always enjoy the Vectors newsletter. It's a good mix of interesting and relevant, and is compatible with Bogleheads philosophies.
Harry Livermore

Post by Harry Livermore »

Taylor, I have been receiving George's newsletter each month for several years now, on your recommendation. I enjoy every issue. Thank you.
Cheers
daleddm

Post by daleddm »

I have gone thru many of these on his website. I'm very grateful you pointed us to them.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

Taylor, first of all I am amazed at how sharp you are at age 100. Your interest in life, your continued involvement with Bogleheads, and your use of your brainpower have no doubt contributed to your longevity and mental acuity. You are a true inspiration to those of us approaching senior citizen status. I am 64 and 1/2, will apply for Medicare soon and am looking to retire in about 2 1/2 years and the example that you set for folks like me is exemplary.

The Vectors newsletter is excellent. I agree with the three themes of this issue: the baby boomer retirement crisis was vastly overblown, the stock market is remarkably resilient, and the U.S. is still the best place in the world to invest. Readable, clear, and fun to read.
A fool and his money are good for business.
1moreyr

Post by 1moreyr »

Taylor, this newsletter is excellent. you are an inspiration on many levels.

can someone tell me where to sign up for this? i googled it and i get something else.
Harry Livermore

Post by Harry Livermore »

1moreyr wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 pm Taylor, this newsletter is excellent. you are an inspiration on many levels.

can someone tell me where to sign up for this? i googled it and i get something else.
https://oncoursefp.com

George's email is at the bottom. I think I just emailed and expressed an interest in the newsletter. It arrives as a link to a PDF every month in my inbox.
Cheers
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

Harry Livermore wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:49 pm
1moreyr wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 pm Taylor, this newsletter is excellent. you are an inspiration on many levels.

https://oncoursefp.com

George's email is at the bottom. I think I just emailed and expressed an interest in the newsletter. It arrives as a link to a PDF every month in my inbox.
Cheers
i did too. Thanks Taylor, wouldn't have found this newsletter without you.

1moreyr you can also read archives at George's site. Reading his newsletters reminds me that while events may change people never do. Just finished reading Morgan Housel's Same As Ever. Good stuff and a good companion piece to many of the articles George Sisti writes at Vectors. Like Jason Zweig who once said he has a dozen or so ideas, but he has to keep finding new ways of saying the same thing. That's how publishing goes.
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
tetractys

Post by tetractys »

Thanks,

It’s nice to know there are fee only financial planners in Washington that promote wise investing. Woodenville is a nice area with plenty of booming businesses and well off techies.
balbrec2

Post by balbrec2 »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 pm Bogleheads:

I am somewhat of a newsletter junkie. It dates back 50 years ago when the Miami Library subscribed to several dozen financial newsletters. I would go down to the library every month to read the latest newsletters--and the 5 inch thick Morningstar Mutual Funds.

In my opinion, currently one of the best financial newsletters is Vectors by George Sisti. Mr. Sisti is a former airline pilot turned financial advisor. This is a link to his latest issue of Vectors:

Vectors

Comments appreciated.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom:"The Bogleheads forum is a treasure trove of information, as its contributors and visitors alike help one another, with no axe to grind, in all matter of topics that essentially cover the entire field of investing."
my VPN blocked this website for malicious code.