How Taylor Larimore made a difference in my financial life - Salute to Taylor's 100th

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
AnnetteLouisan

How Taylor Larimore made a difference in my financial life - Salute to Taylor's 100th

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

I greatly enjoy reading the Jack Bogle quotes that Taylor Larimore carefully selects for just the right situation. Taylor has been a very dear friend, correspondent and defender of mine on the forum. Thanks to Taylor’s wise counsel, and that of the Bogleheads community that he champions, I’m much less anxious about my finances and earn so much more now in investments. In short order I’ll be able to live off my investments. Happy Birthday, dear Taylor, and many more! 🎈🥂

Bogleheads, in honor of Taylor’s 100th, please add your posts here on how Taylor Larimore has made a difference in your life. 😀
Parkinglotracer

Re: How Taylor Made A Difference in My Life - Salute to Taylor’s 100th

Post by Parkinglotracer »

I admire Taylor being a founder and role model here on the forum. His advice on simplicity with a three fund portfolio has helped me stay the course with my boglehead portfolio. His posts on his family’s experience during the depression hit home with me as my father shared with me our family’s experiences during the depression.

Because of his advice I keep 35% of my portfolio in bonds so that even if the equity markets go south for long periods of time I can live comfortably in retirement.

Thank you Taylor - you are my role model. Happy Birthday!
AzWDC

Post by AzWDC »

I have been reading Taylor's posts for over 25 years, from the early days of Morningstar's Vanguard Diehards. Informed, rational, kind, humorous. He helped me shape my financial life and my secure retirement is mostly because of his advice.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I clarified the thread title so new investors will understand who we are discussing.

This thread is focused on the impact Taylor Larimore has made on your financial life.

Please wish Taylor a happy birthday in 🎁 🎉Happy 100th Birthday to Taylor Larimore 🎊🎂.

=====================

I wouldn't have known about the 3-fund portfolio if it wasn't for the Bogleheads' Guide To Investing.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
h82goslw

Re: How Taylor Larimore made a difference in my financial life - Salute to Taylor's 100th

Post by h82goslw »

The highlight of my Bogleheads time:

Someone started a thread a few years back about Jack Bogle and Taylor, singing their praises. I happily chimed in and stated that almost on a daily basis I thank the good Lord, as well as Jack and Taylor for setting me down this path, and that had I not found this website I’d be broke and working until death…this is not hyperbole. I truly believe this to this day.

Taylor took the time to DM me THANKING ME for the kind words and humbly praised Jack for the ideas and me for doing the hard work. I still have that DM. This guy is truly one of a kind. Happy birthday Taylor!!
CoAndy

Re: How Taylor Larimore made a difference in my financial life - Salute to Taylor's 100th

Post by CoAndy »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:27 am I greatly enjoy reading the Jack Bogle quotes that Taylor Larimore carefully selects for just the right situation. Taylor has been a very dear friend, correspondent and defender of mine on the forum. Thanks to Taylor’s wise counsel, and that of the Bogleheads community that he champions, I’m much less anxious about my finances and earn so much more now in investments. In short order I’ll be able to live off my investments. Happy Birthday, dear Taylor, and many more! 🎈🥂

Bogleheads, in honor of Taylor’s 100th, please add your posts here on how Taylor Larimore has made a difference in your life. 😀
That was a great post Annette. Thank you for posting it.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

What a very nice post Annette :happy And a nice way to honor Taylor's 100th Birthday.

Taylor gave me the confidence to continue investing the Jack Bogle way, and gave my husband the confidence that our portfolio was on the right track. Every question we asked, Taylor answered with non-judgmental serious thought, often spiced with his wry sense of humor :wink: His posts on the forum give me pause to think. And his descriptions of his personal life and his financial life and experiences give me historical perspective on my financial decisions and way to live my life.

In truth, he is quite a remarkable person.
AlwaysLearningMore

Post by AlwaysLearningMore »

Mr. Larimore's cogent posts on the old Morningstar Vanguard Diehards forum were educational must-reads. (So, too, are his posts on this forum.) Imagine how many investors he has helped!

All of this in addition to his military service, and helping others through teaching sailing.
Retirement is best when you have a lot to live on, and a lot to live for. * None of what I post is investment advice.* | FIRE'd July 2023
JakeyLee
Location: From sea to shining sea. But mostly the south west.

Post by JakeyLee »

Like many, I’ve followed the advice of Jack Bogle for much of my adult working life. I stopped seeking out “perfect”, and instead, reaped the rewards of low cost index funds for 30 years. But spending down in retirement has proven difficult. It was Taylor that opened my eyes to quality SPIAs. Annuity was a dirty word to me for decades. Now I see that converting a small portion of my investments to a SPIA can/will help me with my conundrum. In fact, it’s now part of my IPS. Thank you, Taylor!
“On balance, the financial system subtracts value from society” | -John Bogle
BigFoot48

Post by BigFoot48 »

I retired in 1998 and immediately had to invest my pension. I ended up in 19 investments which by 2002 hit the peak of 29. It was about that year that I discovered the Morningstar Vanguard Diehards site and Taylor. After many foolish investments I finally had a resource for lower-risk investing. I recall (but unfortunately did not retain) many conversations with him on investing which resulted in a gradual reduction of my holdings until arriving at the basic 3-Fund portfolio in 2009.

What a blessing it is to have had his help to assure, as best as we can hope for, a retirement with a minimum of financial stress and risk. Taylor, thank you for your wisdom and contribution all these decades to the successful investing for 100,000s (or more) investors. Patrick
Retired | Two-time in top-10 in Bogleheads S&P500 contest; 18-time loser
Fallible

Post by Fallible »

When I received a signed copy of Taylor's book, The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio, I was surprised and, yes, a little disapponted - it seemed so small in size, even thin if compared to the other BH "Guide" books on investing and planning and most other great books on investing. Of course, I was not disappointed for long, in fact only as long as it took me to get to the book's Foreword by John C. Bogle:
Taylor's idea combined the nth degree of diversification, a sensible investment balance between stocks and bonds, efficiency, and economy. "Simplicity" is the watchword.
And I realized that the physical size of Taylor's "gem" of a book, all 70-some pages of it, attests to simplicity perfectly.

So Happy 100th, Taylor, and thank you for making a difference in my life and surely the lives of other Bogleheads by simply never tiring of reminding us of that "watchword." :happy
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle
Julieta7

Post by Julieta7 »

This says it all, Fallible. The emotional side of investing has been the downfall of everyone on this board at one time.

The support of Taylor Larimore to "stay the course" has been the saving grace for many of us. Following that course to simplicity and your continuous support, Taylor, your posts and personal messages and your loyalty to the forum has changed our lives!!
The best tools available to us are shovels not scalpels | Keep it simple! | 60/40 portfolio. Total US Stock Index/Total US Bond Index. SPIA in late 70s
northmumbo

Post by northmumbo »

I read Taylor Larimore's The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing in 2013, a year after I graduated college and started investing in a Vanguard LifeStrategy fund. I must have read The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio around 2015 because according to my statements I switched from the LifeStrategy fund to the three-fund portfolio. The simplicity and power of the three-fund portfolio is what convinced me.

Every now-and-then when I'm tempted to mess around (value! leverage! private funds!), I'll visit these forums just to read Taylor's three-fund portfolio thread to re-center myself with Taylor's calm wisdom. The beauty of simplicity leads me back to the three-fund portfolio.
stupidkid

Post by stupidkid »

I found bogleheads just over fifteen years ago, at the beginning of the great recession and as it happens the beginning of my investing in earnest (coincidental with greater earnings). As I did then and I do today - I greatly appreciate his direct perspective of time and "history" which for him is just his life. I read the data but it was also his personal experience, shared on this forum and the book, that helped me pick this path.

My portfolio has grown substantially (the dollars invested in 2008 over 300%, along with business success) while also getting simpler as I came to better understand the value of simplicity. I used to have REIT (VNQ), emerging (VWO), small cap (VSS), and as I read Taylor and others constant refrain - keep it simple, I realized slicing and dicing wasn't helping and might even "hurt" (me anyways since I spent time worrying and wondering). Now I don't. I enjoy all the churn about today's hot stocks and thinking: oh, I already have 5% of my stock portfolio in Microsoft, in my index fund!

Thank you Taylor and Happy Birthday!
dogagility

Post by dogagility »

Taylor (and the BH community writ large) has been impactful in at least two significant ways.

Knowing we would be OK financially if the stuff hit the fan allowed us to take the leap and ask for a remote job from my employer during COVID. We very much wanted to move to a better locale. I was prepared to quit if the answer was no based upon Taylor's et al book and this site.

Now, I know I can retire comfortably in a couple of years. Wouldn't have known how to even think about that with Taylor and the community.

Muchas Gracias, Taylor!
Make sure you check out my list of certifications. The list is short, and there aren't any. - Eric 0. from SMA
Cocoa Beach Bum

Post by Cocoa Beach Bum »

Perhaps someone will finally create an entry for him on Wikipedia.
“How did you go bankrupt?" "Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”
Hacksawdave

Post by Hacksawdave »

20 years ago in 2004, I was looking for a spreadsheet to calculate the effects of DCA on returns over time by being able to increase the monthly contribution on an annual basis for mutual funds. I was unable to get mine to work so I spent quite a bit of time looking online.

I had been on M* for some time and decided to try the Vanguard Diehards as that was the fund company that I had been with for 8 years and figured someone there would know. Later that evening I noticed a reply and attachment of an Excel97 spreadsheet that did exactly what I had hoped.

The fun part was when I want to thank the person who did this wonderful Excel spreadsheet for this then middle-aged guy. As the old saying goes, never judge a book by the cover. I figured someone named Taylor Larimore must be this tech-savvy young lady, until I went to look at some of their postings. To my surprise an 80-year-old WWII Paratrooper from the Screaming Eagles helped me out!

This gift helped me later into reaching the golden years, I still use it, and is also helping my nephew start his journey going forward. Thank you, Taylor, for your service to this country, and thousands of investors on these boards. Happy 100 and hopes for many more!
Gaston

Post by Gaston »

Happy birthday Taylor. Rex regit.
“My opinions are just that - opinions.”
garlandwhizzer

Post by garlandwhizzer »

Happy birthday, Taylor, and thanks for your financial and intellectual support of the Forum which spreads good fortune to all who follow it and heed its advice. Taylor sets an example for altruistic service to aid the financial outcomes of other investors. Like Bogle himself, Taylor concentrates on improving our finances rather than maximizing his own gains. He is a morally good and honest man, a patriot, an astute and successful investor, and he has something that many other highly intelligent investors lack, wisdom. Those of us who follow the Forum owe him great debt and wish him the best.

Garland Whizzer
clutchied

Post by clutchied »

Happy Birthday Taylor!

I credit his avatar for my interest in sailing, which has made a wonderfully positive impact on my life.
federal dinosaur

Post by federal dinosaur »

Stay the course.

Happy Birthday Taylor Larimore.

federal dinosaur
prairieman

Post by prairieman »

I credit Taylor and this site for giving me the confidence to retire early and permitting me to sleep easy and enjoy life without constantly checking on the latest stock quotes!
Allan

Post by Allan »

I have always been inspired by Taylor's unflinching advice regarding the simplicity of investing. He made a real impact on my investing philosophy and practice. But more than that his bravery as a WWll soldier, his character, and his selflessness in helping others. A real American hero! We are fortunate to have him on this forum.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

Post by AnnetteLouisan » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:27 pm

I greatly enjoy reading the Jack Bogle quotes that Taylor Larimore carefully selects for just the right situation.
You asked for it, I will beat Taylor to the punch and post a rather extensive Jack Bogle quote regarding his friend Taylor Larimore.

Here is Jack Bogle's post commemorating Taylor's 90th birthday. I have reposted this before, it is appropriate to do this again.

by jack bogle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Happy Birthday to Taylor, from Jack Bogle

At 2 P.M. on Sunday afternoon, thanks to Mel, I had the privilege of greeting Taylor by telephone. After doing my best to sing a lusty version of "Happy birthday to you," followed by a commemorative poem that I had written earlier. He loved it, and perhaps you'll enjoy it too:

On this freezing day, sitting by my fire
I salute a fine man that I greatly admire.
I tell you that we need him more and more,
He is of course our friend Taylor Larimore.

He’s lived a great life in the service of all
Helping fellow investors through perils and falls
And serving our nation in peace and in war,
That’s just part of the saga of Taylor Larimore.

His crowning achievement, in my biased view,
Is founding the Bogleheads; he’s helped far more than a few.
He’s dispensed wisdom and common sense, wise to the core.
That’s why each one of us loves Taylor Larimore.

With his lovely wife Pat, invited by this humble man,
14 years ago our gatherings began.
Today, our group consists of 25,000 more,
As word spreads of the wisdom of Taylor Larimore.

So to this great man, thanks more and more,
As we wish him birthdays, more and more.
And that’s all I can say about Taylor Larimore.

John C. Bogle
January 26, 2014

What a thrilling moment in my long life. "We shall not see his like again." Let's treasure this fine gentleman every day!

Jack
That is actually a very nice poem. Mr. Bogle was a very talented man.
A fool and his money are good for business.
rossington

Post by rossington »

nedsaid wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:01 pm
Post by AnnetteLouisan » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:27 pm

I greatly enjoy reading the Jack Bogle quotes that Taylor Larimore carefully selects for just the right situation.
You asked for it, I will beat Taylor to the punch and post a rather extensive Jack Bogle quote regarding his friend Taylor Larimore.

Here is Jack Bogle's post commemorating Taylor's 90th birthday. I have reposted this before, it is appropriate to do this again.

At 2 P.M. on Sunday afternoon, thanks to Mel, I had the privilege of greeting Taylor by telephone. After doing my best to sing a lusty version of "Happy birthday to you," followed by a commemorative poem that I had written earlier. He loved it, and perhaps you'll enjoy it too:

John C. Bogle
January 26, 2014

What a thrilling moment in my long life. "We shall not see his like again." Let's treasure this fine gentleman every day!

Jack
Amen to Taylor and Jack, and vice versa.
"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

nedsaid wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:01 pm . . . I will beat Taylor to the punch and post a rather extensive Jack Bogle quote regarding his friend Taylor Larimore.

John C. Bogle
January 26, 2014

Jack
Thanks so much for posting this, Nedsaid :happy Agree - this is a very nice poem and Mr. Bogle was very talented.

Taylor and Jack Bogle had a very warm friendship for a nice long time.
Topic Author
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Let us have a toot-encore
For that sailor we adore
100 years and many more
We wish Taylor Larimore

🎈🎂

Champagne glasses we will pour
Fresh bought from the liquor store
It is certainly no chore
To toast Taylor Larimore

🥂 :beer

Stock and bond funds at our core
AUM fees paid no more
Simplicity he does implore
Our friend, Taylor Larimore
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Miriam2 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:46 pm
nedsaid wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:01 pm . . . I will beat Taylor to the punch and post a rather extensive Jack Bogle quote regarding his friend Taylor Larimore.

John C. Bogle
January 26, 2014

Jack
Thanks so much for posting this, Nedsaid :happy Agree - this is a very nice poem and Mr. Bogle was very talented.

Taylor and Jack Bogle had a very warm friendship for a nice long time.
Happy that I was able to hook Jack up with Taylor via phone so he could sing his birthday poem to Taylor.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
rjbraun

Post by rjbraun »

Joining in to fete Taylor Larimore and his many accomplishments in his full and rich century of living!

Forever grateful to the Bogleheads -- for what I have learned and continue to learn!
Arboecars

Post by Arboecars »

In my opinion, Taylor’ major lesson was always to stay invested, prudently.

The offshoring of U.S. manufacturing is a threat to the dollar as a reserve currency, because the country making the goods offshore U.S. obtains control of the means of production and therefore obtains control of the global economy and, thus, control of money.

Staying broadly invested and diversified is the only available protection.

Thank you Taylor!!!
Donnie Baseball Fan

Post by Donnie Baseball Fan »

I went to a Bogleheads convention once and Taylor was, by far, the most polite and helpful of the hosts.
Ever since that event, I hold him in high regard.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:49 pm Let us have a toot-encore
For that sailor we adore
100 years and many more
We wish Taylor Larimore

🎈🎂

It is certainly no chore
To toast Taylor Larimore

AUM fees paid no more
That was a nice and fun poem. Taylor, I am sure will get a kick out of it. Thanks for writing it.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

nedsaid wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:41 pm
AnnetteLouisan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:49 pm Let us have a toot-encore
For that sailor we adore
100 years and many more
We wish Taylor Larimore

🎈🎂

It is certainly no chore
To toast Taylor Larimore

AUM fees paid no more
That was a nice and fun poem. Taylor, I am sure will get a kick out of it. Thanks for writing it.
Agree! What a fun poem - Taylor will enjoy it - and will have it hanging on his wall or near his computer in no time :happy
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

With apologies to Popeye.
Oh, I'm Taylor the Sailor Man,
I'm Taylor the Sailor Man.
I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eats me spinach.
I'm Taylor the Sailor Man.

I'm one tough Gazookus
Which hates all Palookas
Wot ain't on the up and square.
I biffs 'em and buffs 'em
And always out roughs 'em
But none of 'em gets nowhere.

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes ... yrics.html
WhitePuma

Post by WhitePuma »

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The 3-fund portfolio is great
And so are you!

I’m no Robert Frost, but hopefully it works.
sid hartha

Post by sid hartha »

I learned about SPIA's. It was also helpful to read the posts on simplicity as I tend to overthink things. More than investing Taylor has a great attitude and outlook on life. That's very important.
Ricola

Post by Ricola »

I appreciate it when some of these treads start getting confusing and off-track and Taylor adds a post that brings me back down to earth and Bogle basics.
SGM

Post by SGM »

More than 10 years ago I sent Tayor a private message saying my brother and his wife would be coming to the National BH meeting in the Fall. I walked up to the podium and introduced myself to Taylor, He asked for my brother and his wife by name. Their discussion with Taylor greatly improved their investing results. Prior to that meeting they used an advisor who lost half their retirement account value in a year.
TimeIsYourFriend

Post by TimeIsYourFriend »

I don't know Taylor but I hope my mind is as sharp as his at age 100! Happy Birthday! :sharebeer
"Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy." - John C. Bogle
Call_Me_Op

Post by Call_Me_Op »

TimeIsYourFriend wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:57 am I don't know Taylor but I hope my mind is as sharp as his at age 100! Happy Birthday! :sharebeer
I hope my mind is as sharp as his at 65.
Best regards, -Op | | "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Einstein
Topic Author
AnnetteLouisan

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Well now all that birthday fun
With all that had been said and done
Taylor’s out in the Florida sun
See you, Taylor, at 101!

🏖️
bog007

Post by bog007 »

:sharebeer
Don’t let anyone else ruin your portfolio. It’s your portfolio. Ruin it yourself!!!
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

AnnetteLouisan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:27 am I greatly enjoy reading the Jack Bogle quotes that Taylor Larimore carefully selects for just the right situation. Taylor has been a very dear friend, correspondent and defender of mine on the forum. Thanks to Taylor’s wise counsel, and that of the Bogleheads community that he champions, I’m much less anxious about my finances and earn so much more now in investments. In short order I’ll be able to live off my investments. Happy Birthday, dear Taylor, and many more! 🎈🥂

Annette:
I believe you are the first person to comment on the Jack Bogle quotes I use at the end of every post I make.
I often spend more time finding Jack's appropriate "Words of Wisdom" than I spend writing the Reply.

Your comment is appreciated.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom "The Bogleheads forum is a treasure trove of information, as its contributors and visitors alike help one another, with no axe to grind, in all matter of topics that essentially cover the entire field of investing."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
clip651

Post by clip651 »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:49 pm
I often spend more time finding Jack's appropriate "Words of Wisdom" than I spend writing the Reply.

Your comment is appreciated.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom "The Bogleheads forum is a treasure trove of information, as its contributors and visitors alike help one another, with no axe to grind, in all matter of topics that essentially cover the entire field of investing."
Taylor,

I also really appreciate you posting quotes from Jack! In what is now about 10 years of reading on this forum for me, your posts along with the quotes you include so often serve to remind us all of the important things, the big picture, or whatever else we need reminding of when discussions get off in the weeds. And you bring Jack's voice to us just when we need it. This is in addition to all the wisdom you bring in your own replies, which of course is also much appreciated. I'm sure many other Bogleheads would agree with me.

Thanks so much for all you do and have done for the Bogleheads, Taylor! You are a gem beyond measure.

best wishes always,
cj
NAVigator

Post by NAVigator »

I am so grateful for all I have learned from the Bogleheads and mostly from Taylor's presence on this fine forum. When views seem to become discordant, one can always count on Taylor's voice of reason to appear with an appropriate quote from Jack. Finding the Diehards on M* and following the BH changed my random investing into a disciplined approach with the results I enjoy today. Taylor's consistent guidance was always helpful.
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
JBSjr

Post by JBSjr »

Index funds are like playing par golf!
Indexing is simple and easy
Par golf is not
max12377

Post by max12377 »

I've always enjoyed "Taylor's Gem's" while full well knowing that the real gem is Taylor himself. Happy 100th!
dlo787

Post by dlo787 »

I was a software engineer, working 60 hours a week in my 30's and 40's, I had no idea how to invest, so I kept most of my money in the saving accounts. During a the Dot-Com boom and burst I started to invested some individual stocks then quickly back to the saving accounts.

In my 50's, I heard about Bogleheads, from its website and forums I learned about Bogleheads investment philosophy, portfolios, asset allocations, discipline, withdraw strategies etc..

It was Taylor's simple three fund portfolio got me into the door of investment, it was Taylor's postings in the forum helped me stay the course.

Thanks to Taylor and the Bogleheads I took the early retirement at 61-year old.

Taylor, I passed your wisdom to my kids, thank you!
bikeeagle1

Post by bikeeagle1 »

I've been all over the place with asset allocations and strategies over the years, but if Taylor can "stay the course" on the 3-fund portfolio at his age, I will try to draw inspiration from that and carry on the tradition. Besides, he has proven that using the 3-fund portfolio helps you live to be 100! What other portfolio can say that?

:D
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

His three-fund portfolio concept is the key to simplicity and I invest like that.

I don't use the exact funds he uses, but think I have the spirit of the thing:
  • US Stocks: S&P500 (VTFAX) I got into VTFAX via a TLH from Total US (VTSAX).
  • INTL Stocks: Total International (VTIAX). Been steady with this, although its percentage has drifted downward.
  • Bonds: TIPS (VTAPX) I got into tips from BND to add some safety as my bond allocation is a little light at 33%. It is light because I spent some of it on a deferred income annuity (DIA).
So, I have the three-fund in spirit. It has mutated a little over time. I am very comfortable with this.

The difference is my comfort level.

Thanks Taylor.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet