Bank of America - Who Builds the house 2022 report (how to get a copy)

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
RubyTuesday

Bank of America - Who Builds the house 2022 report (how to get a copy)

Post by RubyTuesday »

On June 8 of 2022, Bank of America released a report “Who Builds the house”. It apparently estimates the raw materials costs of the typical bill of materials going into a typical new construction US single family home.

I’ve seen coverage of the report at sites like Market Watch: Home-building costs rise at ‘unprecedented rate,’ Bank of America says. These materials are proving particularly expensive

I would prefer to read the actual report and see the sources and assumptions. I’ve been unable to find the actual report and have no relationship with BoA. I’m not sure if it’s only available for a fee or through ML or other relationships…

Does anyone have access to (legally) share a copy of the report?
“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.” – Lao Tzu
Beliavsky

Re: Bank of America - Who Builds the house 2022 report (how to get a copy)

Post by Beliavsky »

Bank of America research, including the report you mentioned, is available to clients of the online brokerage Merrill Edge, which has $0 commissions, like other brokers. That's why I have an account there. You don't need to have a Merrill Lynch financial advisor.
eukonomos

Post by eukonomos »

Beliavsky wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:01 am Bank of America research, including the report you mentioned, is available to clients of the online brokerage Merrill Edge, which has $0 commissions, like other brokers. That's why I have an account there. You don't need to have a Merrill Lynch financial advisor.
I am an ME client but haven't been able to find the report. Any pointers?
Beliavsky

Post by Beliavsky »

At the Merrill Edge site, click on Research, and in the drop-down menu, BofA Global Research. That brings up an "Insights from BofA Global Research" page with a search box for reports where you can type an analyst's name, in this case Jadrosich. The reports will be listed in reverse chronological order, for the past few months. Since the report in question was written on 6/8, you need to click the More Reports button at the bottom a few times to see it.
eukonomos

Post by eukonomos »

Beliavsky wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:55 pm At the Merrill Edge site, click on Research, and in the drop-down menu, BofA Global Research. That brings up an "Insights from BofA Global Research" page with a search box for reports where you can type an analyst's name, in this case Jadrosich. The reports will be listed in reverse chronological order, for the past few months. Since the report in question was written on 6/8, you need to click the More Reports button at the bottom a few times to see it.
Thank you. Nice to know.
It looks like a search for "Who builds the house" works too.