Secure Message delivery delays (Vanguard)

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
msimon

Secure Message delivery delays (Vanguard)

Post by msimon »

FYI

I sent Vanguard 2 secure messages today at approximately 10:15 AM Eastern Time.

For a long time they did NOT appear in the list of sent messages in Message center.

This evening they finally appeared. They were marked as posted 8:09 PM Eastern Time.

So it appears there is at least a 10 hour delay between submitting a secure message and it being formally logged within Vanguards client facing systems.

I have yet to receive a response to either of my requests.

In the past secure messages would typically appear in the list of sent messages within 2 hours of submission.
Sprucebark

Re: Secure Message delivery delays

Post by Sprucebark »

Isn’t vanguard getting rid of secure messages?
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Vanguard doesn't want you to send them secure messages. They want you to call. There's no point analyzing the poor performance of Vanguard's secure messaging system because Vanguard has publicly announced that it is going away.
Topic Author
msimon

Post by msimon »

Vanguard has not made any formal announcement to me that Secure messages are going away. From what I read elsewhere on the forums they plan on keeping the functionality for Flagship clients. Can you point to any information on Vanguards website supporting your assertion?
UpperNwGuy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:47 am Vanguard doesn't want you to send them secure messages. They want you to call. There's no point analyzing the poor performance of Vanguard's secure messaging system because Vanguard has publicly announced that it is going away.
increment

Post by increment »

msimon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 am Vanguard has not made any formal announcement to me that Secure messages are going away. From what I read elsewhere on the forums they plan on keeping the functionality for Flagship clients. Can you point to any information on Vanguards website supporting your assertion?
But on the other hand, did they say that any remaining secure-message service would be timely and provide useful responses?
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

increment wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:21 pm
msimon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 am Vanguard has not made any formal announcement to me that Secure messages are going away. From what I read elsewhere on the forums they plan on keeping the functionality for Flagship clients. Can you point to any information on Vanguards website supporting your assertion?
But on the other hand, did they say that any remaining secure-message service would be timely and provide useful responses?
Good thing there are other options than to stay with Vanguard and complain about their bad customer service :D
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:47 am Vanguard doesn't want you to send them secure messages. They want you to call. There's no point analyzing the poor performance of Vanguard's secure messaging system because Vanguard has publicly announced that it is going away.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=354745
nalor511

Post by nalor511 »

Sprucebark wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:40 am Isn’t vanguard getting rid of secure messages?
Yes they are. Maybe. Yes.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Secure Message delivery delays (Vanguard)

Post by LadyGeek »

I removed an off-topic post and reply. As a reminder, see: General Etiquette
At all times we must conduct ourselves in a respectful manner to other posters. Attacks on individuals, insults, name calling, trolling, baiting or other attempts to sow dissension are not acceptable.
And: Member Rights in a Dispute
Notifying the Advisory Board via PM or e-mail is the only acceptable outlet for complaints regarding Moderator action. Members do not have the right to take their appeal to the rest of the forum or to complain publicly about Moderator actions (or inaction). If you believe that a moderator failed to act on a topic, use the report button and explain what's wrong.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.