Vanguard's new mobile app (formerly known as "Beacon")

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Vanguard User

Re: New Vanguard app - Can’t buy VTSAX?

Post by Vanguard User »

criticalmass wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm
newenglandpat wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 pm note to the Vanguard rep who monitors these forums: this app wasn't ready when it was released and it still isn't! Revert to the old app until it is FULLY functional.
A Vanguard rep monitors the forums? I'd be happy if they just monitor for incoming secure messages on their own website...
I wouldn’t be surprised. Bogle was the founder of Vanguard.
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

Vanguard User wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:28 pm
UpperNwGuy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:12 pm
Vanguard User wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:17 pm
UpperNwGuy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:36 pm
Vanguard User wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:53 pm

No. All I have is VTSAX taxable at Vanguard. Everything else at Fidelity.
Perhaps you should consider asking Vanguard to do a no-tax-cost conversion of your VTSAX to VTI.
What’s my benefit?
1. VTI has a lower expense ratio than VTSAX.
2. VTI can be moved from Vanguard to another brokerage without losing the ability to make free trades.
3. Vanguard seems to be redesigning its IT systems around ETFs rather than mutual funds.

There are other benefits that might not be of interest to a person committed to the boglehead philosophy of investing.
Does it mean VTSAX will be discontinued?
There’s a long thread on the new app here (consensus is that it has been crippled). But yeah, if you have a mutual-fund only, non-brokerage account, you can’t execute transaction in the new and improved app.
Doctor Rhythm

Re: "Beacon," Vanguard's new mobile app

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

A question to those of you who have a Vanguard brokerage account supported by the new iOS app: In what way(s) has the app been improved?* What can you now do more easily than with the old interface?

*Yes, I know the splash screen is now a prettier shade of red, but besides that.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 pm A question to those of you who have a Vanguard brokerage account supported by the new mobile app: In what way(s) has the app been improved?* What can you now do more easily than with the old interface?

*Yes, I know the splash screen is now a prettier shade of red, but besides that.
Nothing, this app is terrible. You can't do half of what the old app did. This app is so useless I need to use my mobile web browser to do anything.
rule low

Post by rule low »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 pm A question to those of you who have a Vanguard brokerage account supported by the new iOS app: In what way(s) has the app been improved?* What can you now do more easily than with the old interface?

It's prettier and can use biometric login now. It's otherwise worse functionally.
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

rule low wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:36 pm
Doctor Rhythm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 pm A question to those of you who have a Vanguard brokerage account supported by the new iOS app: In what way(s) has the app been improved?* What can you now do more easily than with the old interface?

It's prettier and can use biometric login now. It's otherwise worse functionally.
Thanks - I think it has had biometric login on iOS for years (fingerprint or Face ID); I’m surprised that this wasn’t available on Android until now.
gtrplayer

Post by gtrplayer »

I use Schwab but primarily invest in Vanguard ETF’s. I’ve never used Vanguard’s app but can attest to Schwab’s being pretty good and easy to use. Vanguard mutual funds do cost to buy but the ETF’s don’t and so I just use those.
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

TropikThunder wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:34 pm
anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:39 pm
Nummerkins wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:09 pm New app is brokerage only -- no support for mutual fund only accounts. Upgrade your account and then you can buy stocks/ETFs/mutual funds. Otherwise, you are stuck with desktop only.
Even if you have a brokerage account, via the app you cannot fund a mutual fund purchase from your bank account. Instead you need to first transfer money from your bank account to your settlement account, then make your mutual fund purchase funded by your settlement account. If you use the website you can fund your mutual fund purchase directly from your bank account.
Are you on iPhone or Android? Because I can still buy mutual funds directly from my checking account (iPhone, app version 12.0, last updated today).

Maybe I spoke too soon. I actually wasn't on version 12.0 yet, and now that I am, I see what others are describing. It will still let me submit the transaction with no money in the settlement account, but I get a notice that I need to have the funds there by the settlement date. Extra clicks (and a second transaction) that I shouldn't have to do.
Here's what happened: they hired a company from India, Vietnam, or Eastern Europe to build the app at $25/hr. They did not dedicate competent product and project managers to the task. The people writing the code, while competent, had no idea how people were going to actually use the app. Vanguard also did not pay for sufficient QA; we now find ourselves here.

In case you can't tell, I've been there. I was involved in a small startup. It took me 20-40 hours a week to manage 2 fulltime, very capable developers in Vietnam. They were very smart and nice, but had zero business sense.

Unless you're willing to pay for that amount of project and product management, the $25/hr you pay for offshore resources winds up being $75/hr because of the rework. (I.e. it's cheaper to build it with local resources. But that's ignored because $25/hr!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooo much profit!)
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

gtrplayer wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:22 am I use Schwab but primarily invest in Vanguard ETF’s. I’ve never used Vanguard’s app but can attest to Schwab’s being pretty good and easy to use. Vanguard mutual funds do cost to buy but the ETF’s don’t and so I just use those.
Fidelity's app is pretty good too. I have been buying VTI on it in dollar amounts lately. Trying Fidelity out after they gave me $100 for depositing $50.

Another thing I missed about the old Vanguard app is the ability to look up info on Vanguard mutual funds and ETFs.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:26 pm This app is so useless I need to use my mobile web browser to do anything.
I absolutely agree - the new app is useless. I've given feedback to Vanguard both through the app store and through the comment section on the app (not that I think that it will do any good).

I hadn't previously thought to use the mobile web browser to access vanguard.com. That's a really good idea. If I can enlarge the teensy weensy text on my iPhone enough to make it useable, I'll give it a try.

Once again, thanks for the tip.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Stinky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:39 am
anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:26 pm This app is so useless I need to use my mobile web browser to do anything.
I absolutely agree - the new app is useless. I've given feedback to Vanguard both through the app store and through the comment section on the app (not that I think that it will do any good).

I hadn't previously thought to use the mobile web browser to access vanguard.com. That's a really good idea. If I can enlarge the teensy weensy text on my iPhone enough to make it useable, I'll give it a try.

Once again, thanks for the tip.
It is only a work around, but begs the question what is the point of the app then? As a 20+ year Vanguard client I am really disappointed by this terrible app. The old one did 99% of what I needed, rarely requiring me to use the website.

Out of frustration I opened a Fidelity taxable brokerage account last month (it didn't hurt they offered a $100 bonus for only depositing $50). No surprise, their app actually works.

I also have a Merrill Edge taxable brokerage account in order to get Bank of America Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors status. Their app is better than Vanguard's new app but not as good as Fidelity's.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

anon_investor wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 am As a 20+ year Vanguard client I am really disappointed by this terrible app. The old one did 99% of what I needed, rarely requiring me to use the website.

Out of frustration I opened a Fidelity taxable brokerage account last month (it didn't hurt they offered a $100 bonus for only depositing $50). No surprise, their app actually works.

I also have a Merrill Edge taxable brokerage account in order to get Bank of America Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors status. Their app is better than Vanguard's new app but not as good as Fidelity's.
I'm also a 20+ year Vanguard client. At my recommendation, each of my adult children has had a Vanguard account ever since they were eligible to contribute to IRAs.

Were my children to ask me today where to open an account, I would not recommend Vanguard.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Stinky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:35 am
anon_investor wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 am As a 20+ year Vanguard client I am really disappointed by this terrible app. The old one did 99% of what I needed, rarely requiring me to use the website.

I'm also a 20+ year Vanguard client. At my recommendation, each of my adult children has had a Vanguard account ever since they were eligible to contribute to IRAs.

Were my children to ask me today where to open an account, I would not recommend Vanguard.
Yeah, my father helped me open my IRA with Vanguard when I first started working. My entire family has Vanguard accounts, and I even helped my spouse open up Vanguard accounts as well. We are keeping our existing Vanguard accounts for now. But I am giving Fidelity a try and now making my regular purchases per pay check there. Buying VTI by dollar amount is almost the same as buying VTSAX... only a few years ago I was Vanguard for life...
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Stinky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:35 am

None of my three adult children use Vanguard for their investments. The first thing that scared them away from Vanguard was the $3000 minimum purchase requirement. They invest at Fidelity, Robinhood, TSP, and one other that I can't remember. They think of Vanguard as "Dad's brokerage," a place where only Boomers and GenXers invest.
Vanguard User

Post by Vanguard User »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:15 pm
UpperNwGuy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:36 pm

Perhaps you should consider asking Vanguard to do a no-tax-cost conversion of your VTSAX to VTI.
What’s my benefit?
2. VTI can be moved from Vanguard to another brokerage without losing the ability to make free trades.
3. Vanguard seems to be redesigning its IT systems around ETFs rather than mutual funds.

There are other benefits that might not be of interest to a person committed to the boglehead philosophy of investing.
There’s a long thread on the new app here (consensus is that it has been crippled). But yeah, if you have a mutual-fund only, non-brokerage account, you can’t execute transaction in the new and improved app.
I have a taxable account at Vanguard.
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

Vanguard User wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:55 am

What’s my benefit?

As do I. I’m guessing you have an older account that only supports mutual fund transactions from Vanguard. Do you get periodic message to “upgrade” your account to the new brokerage platform? Per Vanguard:
Currently we don’t plan to support non brokerage Mutual Fund-only accounts within the Vanguard app. You can access this account type on vanguard.com.
Vanguard User

Post by Vanguard User »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:17 pm

As do I. I’m guessing you have an older account that only supports mutual fund transactions from Vanguard. Do you get periodic message to “upgrade” your account to the new brokerage platform? Per Vanguard:
Currently we don’t plan to support non brokerage Mutual Fund-only accounts within the Vanguard app. You can access this account type on vanguard.com.
Opened September 2020. No upgrade messages. My iPhone iOS is 15.1 and Vanguard up to date.
Horton

Post by Horton »

Inspired by the new app, I am in the process of converting mutual funds to ETFs. Problem is that it takes a long time to reach Vanguard via phone. Took me three calls this week. First time I had to hang up after 25 minutes and second after 45 minutes. Got through yesterday after waiting 90 minutes. All is not lost though because I was able to laugh a bit while waiting when a message would come on to tell me that most transactions can be completed by the app…err, well maybe not anymore. I wonder if their hold times are always this bad or if the app conversion is causing more calls?
80% global equities (faith-based tilt) + 20% TIPS (LDI)
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:17 pm

The new app can't do what the OP wants. It can now only be done on the website... Vanguard's new app is broken...
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

Vanguard User wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:29 pm
criticalmass wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm
newenglandpat wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 pm note to the Vanguard rep who monitors these forums: this app wasn't ready when it was released and it still isn't! Revert to the old app until it is FULLY functional.
A Vanguard rep monitors the forums? I'd be happy if they just monitor for incoming secure messages on their own website...
I wouldn’t be surprised.
That would help explain the 90 minutes i spent on hold recently, if staff crew members are busy perusing websites on the internet.
Bogle was the founder of Vanguard.
You don’t say…. The company’s current leadership has their sails trimmed a bit differently.
GreatOdinsRaven

Post by GreatOdinsRaven »

Vanguard Management,
We know you’re reading these posts. Well, today I was unfortunately tagged with a forced update of the Vanguard app and I am now stuck with the piece of crap that is Beacon. OMG it’s terrible. These people who have been complaining about it for months aren’t joking. It’s terrible. Far behind Schwab and Fidelity. Your app used to be pretty good and gave me direct or indirect 100% functionality. Now, I can’t see my 529 accounts or transact on them anymore. Why? Why would you do that to me? Can’t see my mutual fund-only account. Why? I use that account and make regular contributions to it. I need to be able to quickly see balances. The app is spartan (and I’m being charitable). What were you all thinking? You’re intentionally limiting functionality. You clearly want us to use another brokerage house to buy your funds/ETFs. No dice. I can buy beta elsewhere for free and even for 0bps ER. Come on, guys. You may think you’re saving money by pushing clients out of your brokerage accounts, but that only works if we continue to buy your funds elsewhere. We can get beta from iShares and SSGA often for less. And get better customer service when we call in. If this is a move to push people into your advisory services product it’s an insult.

Tomorrow we will start the process of transferring in-kind all of our accounts to another discount brokerage house (except for the 529 accounts because they’re held captive). Shame on you, Vanguard, for throttling our app and ability to transact and view ALL accounts on a mobile device . Can’t see individual tax lots for TLH’ing. Why? How could anyone greenlight this childish app? Someone needs to lose his/her job over this embarrassment.
"The greatest enemies of the equity investor are expenses and emotions." -John C. Bogle, Little Book of Common Sense Investing. | | "Winter is coming." Lord Eddard Stark.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

GreatOdinsRaven wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:55 pm Vanguard Management,
We know you’re reading these posts. Well, today I was unfortunately tagged with a forced update of the Vanguard app and I am now stuck with the piece of crap that is Beacon. OMG it’s terrible. These people who have been complaining about it for months aren’t joking. It’s terrible. Far behind Schwab and Fidelity. Your app used to be pretty good and gave me direct or indirect 100% functionality. Now, I can’t see my 529 accounts or transact on them anymore. Why? Why would you do that to me? Can’t see my mutual fund-only account. Why? I use that account and make regular contributions to it. I need to be able to quickly see balances. The app is spartan (and I’m being charitable). What were you all thinking? You’re intentionally limiting functionality. You clearly want us to use another brokerage house to buy your funds/ETFs. No dice. I can buy beta elsewhere for free and even for 0bps ER. Come on, guys. You may think you’re saving money by pushing clients out of your brokerage accounts, but that only works if we continue to buy your funds elsewhere. We can get beta from iShares and SSGA often for less. And get better customer service when we call in. If this is a move to push people into your advisory services product it’s an insult.

Tomorrow we will start the process of transferring in-kind all of our accounts to another discount brokerage house (except for the 529 accounts because they’re held captive). Shame on you, Vanguard, for throttling our app and ability to transact and view ALL accounts on a mobile device . Can’t see individual tax lots for TLH’ing. Why? How could anyone greenlight this childish app? Someone needs to lose his/her job over this embarrassment.
Are you 529 plans really held captive at Vanguard? I have my 529 plans at Fidelity, they're pretty good.
GreatOdinsRaven

Post by GreatOdinsRaven »

I have the NV (and UT) plan. The NV plan is administered by Vanguard. I’m pretty sure I can’t transfer it in-kind to Fidelity. My NV plan is fully funded. We don’t have to make any more contributions to it.
"The greatest enemies of the equity investor are expenses and emotions." -John C. Bogle, Little Book of Common Sense Investing. | | "Winter is coming." Lord Eddard Stark.
Bulgogi Head

Post by Bulgogi Head »

For those thinking of jumping ship (no pun intended) from Vanguard, which other brokerages would you consider that have a good app?
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Bulgogi Head wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:05 pm For those thinking of jumping ship (no pun intended) from Vanguard, which other brokerages would you consider that have a good app?
For those who would "jump ship" due to the current Vanguard mobile app being a "work in progress," I suggest Robinhood! :D
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
Horton

Post by Horton »

GreatOdinsRaven wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:55 pm Vanguard Management,

I may be asking the obvious, but you currently have a mutual fund account presumably because you don’t want a brokerage account and now you are going to transfer to a brokerage account at another firm? Why not just update to a brokerage account at Vanguard?

If you do transfer, are you going to transfer your assets as mutual funds or convert them to ETFs first?

FWIW, I’ve had similar thoughts as you…not entirely related to the app alone. However, I’ve made a decision to stay with Vanguard for now. I converted my mutual fund holdings to ETFs to make the app more usable. Perhaps they will add more functionality in the near future, especially after they see all the poor reviews.

I have accounts at Fidelity as well. Overall, I’d say they are better but not enough to make me want to go through the hassle of transferring.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Bulgogi Head wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:05 pm For those thinking of jumping ship (no pun intended) from Vanguard, which other brokerages would you consider that have a good app?
Fidelity.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

sleepysurf wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm
For those who would "jump ship" due to the current Vanguard mobile app being a "work in progress," I suggest Robinhood! :D
Today's news story Robinhood says email addresses of 5 mln customers exposed in security breach give me pause.
retire2022

Post by retire2022 »

IOS was updated and it sucks, totally useless.
Maverick3320

Re: New Vanguard mobile app

Post by Maverick3320 »

vectorizer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:48 pm
tarheel91 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:18 pm ...
I'm probably one of those who refuses to use smart phone for financial stuff, so I never used phone apps at Vanguard or Fidelity, not even BOA.
I'm honestly surprised by the amount of negativity on Vanguard site here.
This thread is about the recently released mobile app with horrifically bad reviews on the Android App Store and here on our forum. Maybe you're surprised by the amount of negativity in this thread because you don't use the horrifically bad mobile app at all?
lol
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

sleepysurf wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm
Amusing. I'm not a fan of Robinhood. But in their defense I suppose massive data branches can happen to anyone these days. Dunno that I have massive faith in Vanguard's IT infrastructure.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

I have a senior-level contact within Vanguard to whom I have sent a link to this thread.

He acknowledged that he's received the link and forwarded it to "the right group" within Vanguard.

We'll see if anything changes.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Stinky wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:36 am I have a senior-level contact within Vanguard to whom I have sent a link to this thread.

He acknowledged that he's received the link and forwarded it to "the right group" within Vanguard.

It could be a good test of being a "good" organization is how effectively and quickly they respond to a problem. Everyone experiences issues, but what you do about it is the test.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

dbr wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 am
Stinky wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:36 am I have a senior-level contact within Vanguard to whom I have sent a link to this thread.

It could be a good test of being a "good" organization is how effectively and quickly they respond to a problem. Everyone experiences issues, but what you do about it is the test.
The case study always brought up is the Tylenol crisis. Now changing an app doesn't kill people, but it is killing confidence in a company.

On the other side, they quickly acknowledged their misstep with the health plans for crew members. How that even happened is another story.
rolandtorres

Post by rolandtorres »

Beacon is as bad as the web app upgrade. CEO Tim Buckley needs to go- failing on customer experience technology, support experience, China market, pension plans for employees, no longer low-cost leader, getting outinnovated by startups and peers alike. What has gone well under his watch? Forcing more customers into VPAS so they can get decent phone support? Serious question.
bubbly

Post by bubbly »

I have resorted to adding a bookmark to vanguard.com on my iPad. Would do the same for my phone but my phone screen size is too small to support the website effectively.
wesgreen

Post by wesgreen »

Same here. I just uninstalled the app.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

wesgreen wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:30 am Same here. I just uninstalled the app.
Which begs the following questions:

Why did they ruin a perfectly good app?

How much money did they waste on this new app, which otherwise could have gone into improving customer service?
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

My "gut" feeling is they prematurely released the new app because it has more robust security "under the hood," even beyond biometric login. I expect they'll continue adding back the other features, perhaps even more, based on user feedback. Time will tell.
Retired 2018 | currently ~64/33/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slowly rising equity glide path)
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:37 am

How much money did they waste on this new app, which otherwise could have gone into improving customer service?
I've not used the new app and can't comment on it. I don't doubt others' experiences and accept that it isn't very good.

I have the old one -- which still works and even lets me send send messages!

I am a software person. My guesses are that the old app is

- using infrastructure they want to get rid of
- the code base is crufty and difficult to maintain
- the code base was using libraries that are no longer supported
- the code was developed against older methodologies that are being deprecated / discontinued by Google and Apple

The mobile space changes very frequently. Vendors don't seem nearly as committed to maintaining compatibility as Microsoft -- for all their ills -- has been. Q.v. the video on YouTube that shows upgrading from DOS to Windows 7. It even managed to preserve some of the Windows 3.1 (early 1990s) settings.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

exodusNH wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:44 pm

I've not used the new app and can't comment on it. I don't doubt others' experiences and accept that it isn't very good.

- the code was developed against older methodologies that are being deprecated / discontinued by Google and Apple

The mobile space changes very frequently. Vendors don't seem nearly as committed to maintaining compatibility as Microsoft -- for all their ills -- has been. Q.v. the video on YouTube that shows upgrading from DOS to Windows 7. It even managed to preserve some of the Windows 3.1 (early 1990s) settings.
Whatever the reason, the new app is unusable. I just don't like the current direction of Vanguard, it feel like a ship adrift.
Gnirk

Post by Gnirk »

As others have said, why did they ruin a perfectly good app? The new one sucks!😡😡😡
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

anon_investor wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:01 pm Whatever the reason, the new app is unusable. I just don't like the current direction of Vanguard, it feel like a ship adrift.
It feels like they want their retail investors to go pound sand and only keep the PAS customers. It would be interesting to know what percent of their funds are held in the Vanguard brokerage vs PAS/robo, 401ks, and other retail brokerages. Direct customers are expensive. They are probably looking at Blackrock with envy.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

Maybe they were just using it as an excuse to remove functionality for mutual fund only accounts.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

exodusNH wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:44 pm

I also was a software person. Those reasons all sound quite plausible. But it is also possible it was "Scheduled date was X, slipping schedule made one or more Important People look bad, so ship it and we can fix those tiny little problems quickly".
bubbly

Post by bubbly »

Da5id wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:06 pm I also was a software person. Those reasons all sound quite plausible. But it is also possible it was "Scheduled date was X, slipping schedule made one or more Important People look bad, so ship it and we can fix those tiny little problems quickly".
I have worked for a company that was like this. One of the reasons I no longer work for said company.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

How do I not have it update?
I like the old app, can I keep it?
A time to EVALUATE your jitters: | viewtopic.php?p=1139732#p1139732
merganser

Post by merganser »

I log on to the Vanguard Beacon App tonight. It is different from earlier this week. Maybe, our constructive criticism is finally getting someone to make changes. I still do not like it but its better then it was a coupe of days ago.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

FWIW, it does appear Vanguard is updating the FAQ section of the Vanguard iPhone app (under Support) to address the comments in this thread.

(Or people are repeating the FAQs in this thread).
Horton

Post by Horton »

App looks the same to me. According to the App Store, the current version is still the version released two weeks ago.