The New Fidelity iOS Beta Trading Experience

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Bogle64Pilot

The New Fidelity iOS Beta Trading Experience

Post by Bogle64Pilot »

Earlier this year, Fidelity experienced an influx of new customers. Since then, we have been gathering feedback from all over Reddit and everywhere we could find it. We heard you ask for an improved user interface on our mobile app - today we're starting on the journey to deliver. The journey starts with quicker navigation and a more intuitive trading experience.

Who's included?
The experience is currently in beta for a sub-set of iOS users, brokerage account customers who trade stocks or ETFs. Initially customers with margin agreements are not included. We will be rolling out this experience to these users over the next six-weeks. After the six-week period, all iOS users will be eligible for the new beta experience!

When the beta becomes available you will receive an opportunity to opt in. There is no early access to the beta and there is no way to gain access early. Make sure to keep your app up to date so you know when it's your turn!

What’s included?
New home screen – for a simplified and more modernized view

New quote experience – get to information you need more quickly, including positions in the same view.

New trade ticket – streamlined so it takes less time for you to enter a trade. Fractional shares included.

What to expect:
If the page you selected doesn't have a new view you may be directed to an old view. Don’t worry! The experience will allow you to seamlessly go in and out of the beta and current experience.

More transparency on updates that have been added to the app and what is being worked on for future enhancements. This will be communicated through the app as well as on our subreddit.

What’s coming in the future:
Margin trading

Extended hours trading

Android release

Enhanced charting

Options trading

Streaming data.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fidelityinvest ... a_trading/

I haven't seen anything about this on the forums. I just enabled it on my iPhone. It seems like Fidelity is catering towards the disaffected Robinhood customers after the GME fallout. Either way I think it is an improvement and shows how Fidelity is seeking to be a market leader in the 21st century whereas other mainstays are comfortable remaining in the 1990's in terms of their digital presence. Overall I think this is a positive for Fidelity and will surely simplify their GUI of the iOS app.
Freefun

Re: The New Fidelity iOS Beta Trading Experience

Post by Freefun »

I like Fidelity’s strategy. I already like being able to do trailing stop orders from their native IOS app. I can do this in Schwab but I need to use their web site (mobile version works too but not the app itself).
Remember when you wanted what you currently have?
Topic Author
Bogle64Pilot

Post by Bogle64Pilot »

Once Fidelity gets a live ticker and level 2 data on the app it will be a game changer. Zero reason to mess with RH or Webull anymore.
okwriter

Post by okwriter »

I like the new design and UI, but dislike this new trend of removing x and y axis labels from graphs.

I couldn't find a way to get the labels back, so I turned off the beta for now. Hope they make it customizable.
Topic Author
Bogle64Pilot

Post by Bogle64Pilot »

Yes I agree particularly with respect to the Y axis. Are we looking at percent or $?
retired@50

Post by retired@50 »

Bogle64Pilot wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:39 pm It seems like Fidelity is catering towards the disaffected Robinhood customers after the GME fallout.
I'm guessing that's a substantial audience "disaffected Robinhood customers".

Regards,
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. -George Orwell
csmath

Post by csmath »

okwriter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:43 pm I like the new design and UI, but dislike this new trend of removing x and y axis labels from graphs.

I couldn't find a way to get the labels back, so I turned off the beta for now. Hope they make it customizable.
Totally agree about the y-axis. I want to see it and be able to swap log.
Strayshot

Post by Strayshot »

retired@50 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm
Bogle64Pilot wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:39 pm It seems like Fidelity is catering towards the disaffected Robinhood customers after the GME fallout.
I'm guessing that's a substantial audience "disaffected Robinhood customers".

Regards,
I am not sure most RobinHood users are smart enough to realize they should be disaffected after the blatant [expletive removed by admin LadyGeek] by Vlad and crew and I would worry about Fidelity catering too much to that crowd.

But as a diehard Fidelity supporter and customer and an iOS user who loves the current state of their app and overall platform/service (except times like this morning when login was not working :oops: ) I hope for the best in this endeavor!