How to find expected return data for bond etf?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Neus
Location: a Developing country in Asia with Low Cost of Living and Tax Treaty with USA

How to find expected return data for bond etf?

Post by Neus »

I’m trying to find out what is the expected return estimate for this bond etf ticker IB01 and IBTA, both from blackrock, with no avail

Perhaps someone can help me?
Remember Rule 5: Never try to time the market. Two common timing mistakes: buying yesterday's top performers, and letting your emotions cause you to attempt to predict the direction of the stock market.
asset_chaos

Re: How to find expected return data for bond etf?

Post by asset_chaos »

If I google "bond etf IBTA" a line to this UK located, US dollar denominated, accumulating etf's information page at Blackrock is the first thing that comes up. The fund holds short term US treasuries. A return expectation is not a completely accurate thing to ask for: future returns are unknowable in advance. But the information page does say the fund's current yield to market is 0.21% which is probably as good an estimate of the fund's near term expected return as any other.

The information page says the fund also comes in versions hedged to pounds, euros, and mexican pesos. If you mean to ask about one of the hedged versions, then you have to account for currency fluctuations, which are really difficult to forecast.
Regards, | | Guy