LIVE interview with Bill Bernstein, author of "The Delusions of Crowds: Why People Go Mad in Groups"

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Bogle Center

LIVE interview with Bill Bernstein, author of "The Delusions of Crowds: Why People Go Mad in Groups"

Post by Bogle Center »

Hello Bogleheads!

The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy is excited to announce the next installment of the Bogleheads Speaker Series!

Saturday, April 10, 2021, 1 p.m. eastern time: Bill Bernstein in conversation with Bob Pisani (register)

Please register to see Dr. Bill Bernstein talk about the markets, investing, and his new book, The Delusions of Crowds: Why People Go Mad in Groups, with CNBC senior markets correspondent Bob Pisani. We’re thrilled to partner with Spark Network to use a new platform for this event. And we’re introducing a new feature—you’ll have the opportunity to connect for additional discussion in video rooms after the conversation.

The Bogleheads Speaker Series is provided free of charge. Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to the Bogle Center to help offset our costs and continue with this and other educational programs.

The event will be recorded and posted to the Bogle Center’s website. Stay tuned for announcements of future speakers.

The Bogle Center Board

Re: LIVE interview with Bill Bernstein, author of "The Delusions of Crowds: Why People Go Mad in Groups"

Post by 000 »

I thought discussion of this book was prohibited here.

From viewtopic.php?t=328927
LadyGeek wrote: After further moderator review, this thread will remain locked.

The book focuses on religious and political issues which are outside the scope of this forum.

We have already removed one comment and one video link which delved into these areas. Based on past experience, comments of a similar focus will continue and result in highly contentious discussions. We are keeping the thread locked for this reason.
Has that changed?
Sandtrap

Re: LIVE interview with Bill Bernstein, author of "The Delusions of Crowds: Why People Go Mad in Groups"

Post by Sandtrap »

Bogle Center wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:32 pm Hello Bogleheads!

The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy is excited to announce the next installment of the Bogleheads Speaker Series!

Saturday, April 10, 2021, 1 p.m. eastern time: Bill Bernstein in conversation with Bob Pisani (register)

Please register to see Dr. Bill Bernstein talk about the markets, investing, and his new book, The Delusions of Crowds: Why People Go Mad in Groups, with CNBC senior markets correspondent Bob Pisani. We’re thrilled to partner with Spark Network to use a new platform for this event. And we’re introducing a new feature—you’ll have the opportunity to connect for additional discussion in video rooms after the conversation.

The Bogleheads Speaker Series is provided free of charge. Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to the Bogle Center to help offset our costs and continue with this and other educational programs.

The event will be recorded and posted to the Bogle Center’s website. Stay tuned for announcements of future speakers.

The Bogle Center Board
No comment on the book.

Huge appreciation for taking the time to post this notice to benefit others.

j🌺
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
Mike Nolan

Post by Mike Nolan »

Please join us this Saturday for the next live Bogleheads Speaker Series event!
Mike Nolan

Post by Mike Nolan »

There's still time to sign up to see a conversation with Bill Bernstein and Bob Pisani live this Saturday at 1 pm eastern time on our new platform.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

I don’t have the book, but am looking forward to the discussion.
Cyclesafe

Post by Cyclesafe »

Read the book. Outstanding.
"Plans are useless; planning is indispensable.” (Dwight Eisenhower) | "Man plans, God laughs" (Yiddish proverb)
Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe »

For myself, I own and I only refer to all of John Bogle's books.

I do not need any other investment related books.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

Trader Joe wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm For myself, I own and I only refer to all of John Bogle's books.

I do not need any other investment related books.
I will not be looking for investment advice, I am interested in crowds and how the become infected with ideas that seem crazy to me. I expect the interview to be very interesting.
asset_chaos

Post by asset_chaos »

Little too much middle of the night for my time zone, but I look forward to watching the recording that will hopefully be posted later.
Regards, | | Guy
Mike Nolan

Post by Mike Nolan »

The next Bogleheads Speaker Series event is tomorrow!
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

For some reason, this wasn't listed on the main BH "Calendar of Events", so I just added it (along with the registration link).

BTW, I suggest folks bookmark the Calendar (https://www.bogleheads.org/blog/calendar-of-events/), or better yet, use the link blbarnitz posted there to add it to your personal calendar.
Retired 2018 | ~50/45/5 (partially sliced and diced)
Mike Nolan

Post by Mike Nolan »

Today is the day! Please join us for the Bogleheads Speaker Series featuring Bill Bernstein and Bob Pisani.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Please see a privacy concern regarding the event here: Re: Register NOW for these Bogleheads Speaker Series Events
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
ABS

Post by ABS »

Is a recording of the interview with Bob Pisani available and where?
asset_chaos

Post by asset_chaos »

Suggested my local library add the book, and they've said they've ordered it. It's on hold for me when it arrives.
Regards, | | Guy