Vanguard Website

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Bama12

Re: Vanguard Website

Post by Bama12 »

lala wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:18 pm Hi,

I just signed up here bc I need to vent about the Vanguard website. It is so opaque and unhelpful when compared to fidelity's. The first thing I see at fidelity is how much my account is up or down at a given time, and the amount I'm up or down in each holding. Also there is a wonderful chart. At vanguard I'm given the amount a share is up or down and expected to calculate how much my holdings in that stock are up or down? Huh? We are visual beings, This doesn't work for me! Furthermore, to find out if my account is up or down for the day I have to go to another part of the website and check the amount that the account was at at the close of the prior day and write out the math to determine the gain or loss. I thought vanguard was supposed to be "for the people." If you're supposed to be encouraging a wide swath of folks to invest and they may not have much experience, how can you excuse such formatting? Go Fidelity! Furious I ever started an account with Vanguard.
Each his own..

I hate Fidelity web site and Love Vanguards.

BTW...The first thing I see on Vanguards app is how much my account is up or down at an given time.
ThereAreNoGurus

Re: Why I'm leaving Vanguard

Post by ThereAreNoGurus »

F150HD wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:31 am
galawdawg wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:17 am You send feedback to Vanguard by secure message, obviously!

Oh....wait..... :oops: Sorry, that may not work. :beer
not sure? some sites have a little 'feedback' button on the side (?) thought there would be one but there is not? and clearly no messaging feature anymore.

Not going to spend 1-3 hours of a day trying to call them.

:confused
So strange. I've got a feedback tab on the right side of the screen. What the heck???

Okay... logged in again and did some poking around (okay, actually clicking around).

When I first log in I get the five tabs starting with the Balance tab. The Feedback tab on the right side shows-up. If I click any of the other tabs the Feedback tab disappears. Even returning to the Balance tab does not resurrect the Feedback tab.

However from the My Accounts Menu bar, if I select Account Overview the Feedback tab magically appears again.

I can't believe this is by design.

As LadyGeek mentioned above with respect to broken links, the lack of basic IT QC is alarming. It really makes me wonder how secure VG's data is or how there may be a serious breech some day. There is some really stupid, unforgiveable stuff occurring. I hope the folks responsible for maintaining data and security are better managers than the ones responsible for the user interfaces.

(Maybe I'm the stupid one for trusting them with my money based on hope.)
Trade the news and you will lose.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

It is a typical symptom of outsourcing your IT. No more invested crew members who care. Instead, you get folks who are removed from the corporation. Additionally, some of them may be previous crew who were forced to transfer and are now essentially mercenaries instead of crew.
clip651

Post by clip651 »

F150HD wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:14 am
wondering why are they changing the ETF page? (and similar pages I assume)

On the original page all the data is aggregated into a single table which is easy to browse/compare/analyze (snip below). The 'new' site you have to click on tabs to get the same info, to me its definitely a step backwards as you have to keep clicking back/forth to view/compare/analyze information. Not a fan but see no way to give feedback (?) or retain the original site.
If there isn't a feedback button on the website on the page you're not happy with, you could send an email, or even snail mail. If you're giving website feedback, there's no need for the email to be secure. And part of your feedback could be about the lack of an easy way to leave feedback. :wink:

cj
F150HD

Re: Why I'm leaving Vanguard

Post by F150HD »

ThereAreNoGurus wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:11 pm
F150HD wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:31 am ...some sites have a little 'feedback' button on the side (?) thought there would be one but there is not?
So strange. I've got a feedback tab on the right side of the screen. What the heck???... The Feedback tab on the right side shows-up. If I click any of the other tabs the Feedback tab disappears. Even returning to the Balance tab does not resurrect the Feedback tab...
Bizarre. Same here. Once I login, that must be the new "wasted white space" page and there is a feedback tab there:

But if one goes to the site/pages w/ the tan/brown tables of data (Balances and Holdings for example), this must be the 'legacy page' which (to me) is far better though there is no feedback tab there.

prd1982 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:48 am As someone mentioned earlier, look at this on your phone.
Yes, though I don't want to access my VG account on my phone, no need (currently. not saying never). If that were a motivating factor I prob would not have used VG to begin with. Thanks.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

clip651 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:40 pm If there isn't a feedback button on the website on the page you're not happy with, you could send an email, or even snail mail...
their own site states to 'leave us feedback' but they provide no way to do that on the page that states that :confused

see post above, I used that to leave feedback :beer
KyleAAA

Post by KyleAAA »

Tubes wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:12 pm It is a typical symptom of outsourcing your IT. No more invested crew members who care. Instead, you get folks who are removed from the corporation. Additionally, some of them may be previous crew who were forced to transfer and are now essentially mercenaries instead of crew.
Does Vanguard outsource its IT? I wasn't aware of that.
starboi

Post by starboi »

KyleAAA wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:47 pm
Tubes wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:12 pm It is a typical symptom of outsourcing your IT. No more invested crew members who care. Instead, you get folks who are removed from the corporation. Additionally, some of them may be previous crew who were forced to transfer and are now essentially mercenaries instead of crew.
Yes.

Decision day for 1,300 Vanguard workers as their jobs head to India-based Infosys
Nummerkins

Post by Nummerkins »

starboi wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:13 pm
Yes.

Decision day for 1,300 Vanguard workers as their jobs head to India-based Infosys
That is for Vanguard's 401k business only, NOT retail brokerage that most people use.
Today's high is tomorrow's low.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

Nummerkins wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:17 pm
Yes.

That is for Vanguard's 401k business only, NOT retail brokerage that most people use.
Yes, this was what I was referring to. Thanks for bringing up the 401k part. I stand corrected and probably wouldn't quite write that the same way again.

Still, this was over a year ago. Who knows what they've done since. Having worked in a corp that went through this kind of outsourcing, I've seen the pattern, and you can be pretty sure that outsourcing doesn't stop at one function. In the non-401k functions, perhaps it isn't wholesale transfer of crew members, but it is likely they are engaging outsourced resources in lieu of hiring crew members. It is very typical in IT.
KyleAAA

Post by KyleAAA »

Yes.

It's unclear to me if these are Vanguard IT functions. It seems to mostly be operations, client administration, and maybe some Product Engineering positions, not IT.
prd1982

Duplicate Vanguard Balance & Holdings Screen

Post by prd1982 »

[Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

I have 2 brokerage accounts with VG under a single userid. One is an IRA and the other a standard investment account. It appears that there are 2 balance & 2 holding screens. If I click on "My Accounts" at the top left, it has entries for "Account Overview" and "Balances and Holdings".

* If I select the Accounts Overview entry, the screen shows very basic information of the 2 accounts. The screen has tabs for Balances and Holdings.

* If I select the Balances and Holdings entry, the screen shows the same information as above, but with a different layout and color scheme.

If I start with the Accounts Overview entry, and go to sell a fund, but then cancel out, I am shown the "Balances and Holdings" screen.

I get the feeling VG was reworking its screens, but has a navigation error and switches to a different set of pages. No idea which set is meant to be current.

Not a real issue, but I found it strange that VG would keep 2 sets of screens for the same function.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged prd1982's post into a similar discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
MrJedi

Re: Duplicate Vanguard Balance & Holdings Screen

Post by MrJedi »

prd1982 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:41 pm [Thread merged into here --admin LadyGeek]

I have 2 brokerage accounts with VG under a single userid. One is an IRA and the other a standard investment account. It appears that there are 2 balance & 2 holding screens. If I click on "My Accounts" at the top left, it has entries for "Account Overview" and "Balances and Holdings".

* If I select the Accounts Overview entry, the screen shows very basic information of the 2 accounts. The screen has tabs for Balances and Holdings.

* If I select the Balances and Holdings entry, the screen shows the same information as above, but with a different layout and color scheme.

If I start with the Accounts Overview entry, and go to sell a fund, but then cancel out, I am shown the "Balances and Holdings" screen.

I get the feeling VG was reworking its screens, but has a navigation error and switches to a different set of pages. No idea which set is meant to be current.

Not a real issue, but I found it strange that VG would keep 2 sets of screens for the same function.
Vanguard reworked the website in the past year or so.

The page when you select My Accounts > Balances & holdings is the older page that has existed for awhile. While it looks more dated, I strongly prefer this one. Partially because I've been using this format for years already, but also because it displays more functions/options with less clicking/menus.

The newer page with more whitespace accessed via Account overview has too much buried in separate menus and tabs IMO.
prd1982

Post by prd1982 »

Thanks MrJedi
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Re: [Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard]

Post by nisiprius »

[Posts merged into here from: [Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard] --admin LadyGeek]

Has anyone else wondered if there is a new art director choosing the banner images for the Vanguard home page?

I know it's supposed to be a "Personal Advisory Service," but is it supposed to be that personal?

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
jeffyscott

Re: [Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard]

Post by jeffyscott »

nisiprius wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 am Has anyone else wondered if there is a new art director choosing the banner images for the Vanguard home page?

I know it's supposed to be a "Personal Advisory Service," but is it supposed to be that personal?

He's just whispering: "You should buy the Advice Select funds".
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ :)

Look at the background. It's a public train station. (The tracks are on the left, the platform is behind them.)

I guess that's how much she can afford by going with Vanguard.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

LadyGeek wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:33 am ^^^ :)

Look at the background. It's a public train station. (The tracks are on the left, the platform is behind them.)

I guess that's how much she can afford by going with Vanguard.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Amtrak no less....haha :happy
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

Maybe they are happy cuz they went to Schwab or Fido? :D OK, I couldn't resist taking a cheap shot! :D
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

zaplunken wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:53 am Maybe they are happy cuz they went to Schwab or Fido? :D OK, I couldn't resist taking a cheap shot! :D
:happy :happy
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Go to the website Vanguard. In Chrome, right-click on the image --> Open image in new tab. They never bothered to properly crop the image. Not much effort here.

Here's the full image and note the image filename is /couple-outside-train-station.jpeg ("Couple outside train station"). Click on the image to view full size.

TedSwippet

Post by TedSwippet »

LadyGeek wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:11 am Here's the full image and note the image filename is /couple-outside-train-station.jpeg ("Couple outside train station"). Click on the image to view full size.
Alamy stock image: https://www.alamy.com/mature-couple-on- ... 63277.html
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

TedSwippet wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:19 am
LadyGeek wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:11 am Here's the full image and note the image filename is /couple-outside-train-station.jpeg ("Couple outside train station"). Click on the image to view full size.
At least they didn't use the "people in antique convertible with hair flying" image.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, drug companies.
CRC_Volunteer

Post by CRC_Volunteer »

nisiprius wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 am Has anyone else wondered if there is a new art director choosing the banner images for the Vanguard home page?

It could be worse. It could have been the couple sitting in separate bathtubs watching the sunset…
"Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." (Inigo Montoya) | | 65/30/05 | 53% VTSAX | 12% VTIAX | 30% VAIPX | 5% CASH
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

BMWrider1986 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:15 am

It could be worse. It could have been the couple sitting in separate bathtubs watching the sunset…
:happy
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I moved a discussion regarding Vanguard's home page image into here from: [Vanguard may remove secure messages, members transitioning out of Vanguard]
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

TedSwippet wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:19 am
Oh, thank you. I was thinking that it had that "stock image" look. Anyone else have a perception that the look has changed, and that two or three years ago it was not as grotesque?

If you only saw this picture, what would your guess be as to what he is smiling at?

1) Ah, low expense ratio.

2) Ah, high interest rate.

3) Ah, rinse cycle.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ :)

Vanguard has pulled the couple's image and only 2 pictures remain. Vanguard

I'm hoping they paid for the Alamy image pack license or that's a $365 sunk cost. https://www.alamy.com/mature-couple-on- ... 63277.html
sport

Post by sport »

They have a different picture on this page: https://investor.vanguard.com/my-account/log-on
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Challenge accepted. Here's the image: woman-outside-looking-ahead.jpeg (1600×499)

They really need to search for existing content. That image conflicts with a medical site (6 Tips for Taking Care of Your Mental Health When You Live with a Chronic Condition) - off-topic for this forum. It might be OK since it's not related to finance.

More relevant is this one: Money and Mindset Guiding Principles | Truist
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

LadyGeek wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 pm Challenge accepted. Here's the image: woman-outside-looking-ahead.jpeg (1600×499)

They really need to search for existing content. That image conflicts with a medical site (6 Tips for Taking Care of Your Mental Health When You Live with a Chronic Condition) - off-topic for this forum. It might be OK since it's not related to finance.

Vanguard doesn't even need to spend the time/money/effort to check these.
It looks like Bogleheads will provide that service free of charge, and in a VERY timely fashion!

:D

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
nisiprius
Advisory Board

Post by nisiprius »

Maybe they could just hire a photographer to take their own pictures?
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

ResearchMed wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:52 pm
LadyGeek wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 pm Challenge accepted. Here's the image: woman-outside-looking-ahead.jpeg (1600×499)

Vanguard doesn't even need to spend the time/money/effort to check these.
It looks like Bogleheads will provide that service free of charge, and in a VERY timely fashion!

:D

RM
Send them a secure message to let them know. :twisted:
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

nisiprius wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:16 pm Maybe they could just hire a photographer to take their own pictures?
Why do they even need to bother with the photos?
clip651

Post by clip651 »

nisiprius wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:16 pm Maybe they could just hire a photographer to take their own pictures?
This is what the company I work for does, after being burned a couple of times by having a stock image they were using show up somewhere else inappropriate, like with a competitor, or with an awareness campaign for an unpleasant medical condition or its treatment, etc. And the company I work for is tiny. Surely Vanguard could hire someone (professional person or group) to take whatever sorts of images they might want, for their use only.
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

clip651 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:12 pm
This is what the company I work for does, after being burned a couple of times by having a stock image they were using show up somewhere else inappropriate, like with a competitor, or with an awareness campaign for an unpleasant medical condition or its treatment, etc. And the company I work for is tiny. Surely Vanguard could hire someone (professional person or group) to take whatever sorts of images they might want, for their use only.
My old megacorp took their own marketing pictures. Frequent subjects/models were employees, who would sign the necessary papers to allow the rights to use their image, etc.

This sometimes became humorous when a product would really take off and be popular. The featured "model" would get all kinds of good natured ribbing.
CRC_Volunteer

Post by CRC_Volunteer »

This morning, the image has returned to the Vanguard homepage…
"Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." (Inigo Montoya) | | 65/30/05 | 53% VTSAX | 12% VTIAX | 30% VAIPX | 5% CASH
KyleAAA

Post by KyleAAA »

I just pulled the trigger on rolling my remaining Vanguard IRA over to Fidelity. I only use ETFs, anyway. Doing anything with Vanguard is increasingly a big hassle compared to everywhere else.
HanSolo

Post by HanSolo »

Here's a new one.

On the VTSAX (Total Stock) profile page, I see the usual page with a new yellow box with the following:
A bold new look
We're dedicated to giving you the best online experience. That's why we're excited to invite you to try our newly designed version of this page!
Experience the new page now
I boldly clicked on the link, which took me to a page that says:

Code: Select all

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://satinvestor.vanguard.com/investment-products/mutual-funds/profile/vtsax" on this server.

Reference #18.89102317.1637365245.125a377a
My guess is that the Cloud Minders are not minding the cloud.
Strategic Macro Senior (top 1%, 2019 Bogleheads Contest)
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

HanSolo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:52 pm Here's a new one.

On the VTSAX (Total Stock) profile page, I see the usual page with a new yellow box with the following:
A bold new look
We're dedicated to giving you the best online experience. That's why we're excited to invite you to try our newly designed version of this page!
Experience the new page now
I boldly clicked on the link, which took me to a page that says:

Code: Select all

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://satinvestor.vanguard.com/investment-products/mutual-funds/profile/vtsax" on this server.

Reference #18.89102317.1637365245.125a377a
My guess is that the Cloud Minders are not minding the cloud.
I just tried it and I got the same thing. That's OK, I'm fine with the old page that actually works.
HanSolo

Post by HanSolo »

zaplunken wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:22 pm ... That's OK, I'm fine with the old page that actually works.
Me too. But I suspect that they're fixing to get rid of the old page that actually works.

This calls to mind a Yogi-ism... "The future ain't what it used to be."

Good luck.
Strategic Macro Senior (top 1%, 2019 Bogleheads Contest)
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

HanSolo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:58 pm
zaplunken wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:22 pm ... That's OK, I'm fine with the old page that actually works.
Me too. But I suspect that they're fixing to get rid of the old page that actually works.

This calls to mind a Yogi-ism... "The future ain't what it used to be."

Good luck.
That was my thought too but at the pace they move it may take years or a decade!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Following problems with Firefox experienced in Vanguard login security code, I decided to dig in a little deeper. In summary, I thought that my login to Vanguard was blocked because I was using Firefox (version 94.0.2).

It turns out that I was indeed logged in, but didn't discover that until I clicked on a link in the page footer. :shock:

1. Go to the Vanguard personal investor home page. Vanguard
2. Login to your account and get this error.
We're experiencing technical difficulties

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience. You can reach out to our client services team for more help.
There are no menu headers or anything that even hinted I was logged in. I decided to randomly click on one of the links in the page footer. AdChoices - which is the privacy policy. Other links will work, but it was an interesting read to see how they track you via website beacons - which includes email.

3. The Privacy policy page now had a menu header at the top of the page containing "My accounts". The very top-left had a drop-down menu titled "Flagship services". Scrolling down to the bottom of the page shows a bunch of links listed as:
My Accounts

Account overview
Balances & holdings
Cost basis
Dividends & capital gains
Buy & Sell
Order status
Transaction history
Statements
The page layout is quite simply, broken. Clicking on any of these links at the top menu or page bottom brings me to my account info. I was indeed logged in and never knew it. :annoyed

My impression is that the "new" website design is used for their front-facing public pages. The "old" website is somehow made to work within this framework.

Observation: The privacy policy page header's background color is a blue/green blend. Why did they change colors? You spend years building a brand image and then decide to change colors. That breaks brand recognition. Blue is Schwab, green is Fidelity. Perhaps they're sending a message?

===============
I then decided check my statements, which I don't frequently do. There is a very clear and important error in my statement - the Roth IRA account details are completely missing. :shock:

The statement itself is titled as "LadyGeek - Traditional IRA Brokerage - xxxxx / Roth IRA Brokerage yyyyyy". When I view the PDF file, I see the Roth IRA mentioned in the statement overview, but zero, zip, nada details anywhere else in the statement. My traditional IRA has the expected breakdown. The Roth IRA details are missing from the 11/30/21, 10/30/21 reports, but are OK in the 9/30/21 report.

I've stated previously that I was on the fence about transferring everything to Fidelity. I can tolerate website errors, but this is simply not acceptable.

Also - When Vanguard makes financial errors that impact me personally, that's a cause for concern. The value of my investments is hopefully correct, but missing a complete account in a statement has no excuse. I am now planning to move everything to Fidelity in 2022. I want to wait for the year-end financials to close out - 1099-R, etc. I also do my rebalancing at that time.

I also have POA for my Mom's account. I'll see about moving her account as well, but I want to be careful about doing this under a POA. Her RMD was scheduled for the middle of December. Last year, they were unable to do an ACH withdrawal and sent her a physical check instead. That was a problem, as she is unable to handle financial transactions. I took care of the deposit for her.

I just moved the RMD a week earlier - at least that part of the Vanguard site works - and will see if the ACH transfer executes. If they do a physical check again, I will definitely move her account (with mine) to Fidelity.
sport

Post by sport »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:09 pm Following problems with Firefox experienced in Vanguard login security code, I decided to dig in a little deeper. In summary, I thought that my login to Vanguard was blocked because I was using Firefox (version 94.0.2).
LG,
Perhaps the problems you describe are particular to Firefox. I have been using Chrome and have not had any difficulties.

Post by 000 »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:09 pm I am now planning to move everything to Fidelity in 2022.
I am planning a similar move (not sure which brokerages yet though).

OTOH I did have issues with another site's login in firefox recently so perhaps many of the problems are related to a firefox update?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

sport wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:38 pm
LadyGeek wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:09 pm Following problems with Firefox experienced in Vanguard login security code, I decided to dig in a little deeper. In summary, I thought that my login to Vanguard was blocked because I was using Firefox (version 94.0.2).
LG,
Perhaps the problems you describe are particular to Firefox. I have been using Chrome and have not had any difficulties.
Yes, it works fine in Chrome. My point is that a website needs to work in all major browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, etc. The same goes for mobile. I'm seeing these issues in Windows 10, desktop.

The missing financial account in my statement is not due to the browser.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:09 pm I've stated previously that I was on the fence about transferring everything to Fidelity……

I am now planning to move everything to Fidelity in 2022.
Paraphrasing Lyndon Johnson,

“If Vanguard has lost LadyGeek, it’s lost America”.
Last edited by Stinky on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

000 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:31 pm
LadyGeek wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:09 pm I am now planning to move everything to Fidelity in 2022.
I am planning a similar move (not sure which brokerages yet though).

OTOH I did have issues with another site's login in firefox recently so perhaps many of the problems are related to a firefox update?
I would not expect a browser update to break a website in this manner. Perhaps it's cookie handling as I've noted in Re: Vanguard login security code. Hard to say.
zaplunken

Post by zaplunken »

I seldom use Firefox, I use Chrome all the time. I was just on Vanguard yesterday and all looked good using Chrome. Out of curiosity, I just now logged into Vanguard using Firefox. All 3 of my accounts look fine.