Honoring Taylor's 30,000 posts!

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Miriam2

Honoring Taylor's 30,000 posts!

Post by Miriam2 »

Congratulations Taylor on your 30,000 posts on the Bogleheads forum!

Your presence on this forum that you created is so large we're convinced you've made at least 300,000 posts :wink: Indeed, counting your 15,000 or more posts on the original Vanguard Diehards forum you created on Morningstar in 1998, no one has helped more individual investors than you. Jack Bogle called you the King of the Bogleheads!

We are looking forward to your next 30,000 posts :D

(Bogleheads Conference, 2016)

I was trying to find my favorite Taylor post, and of course, there are so many, but after he returned home from a recent hospital stay, Taylor posted this, echoing Mr. Bogle, about all that the Bogleheads mean to him :happy
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “The most important things in life and in business can’t be measured. -- How can we possibly measure the qualities of human existence that give our lives and careers meaning? How about grace, kindness, and integrity? What value do we put on passion, devotion, and trust? How much do cheerfulness, the lilt of a human voice, and a touch of pride add to our lives? Tell me, please, if you can, how to value friendship, cooperation, dedication, and spirit."
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=329805&start=200#p5597518

:D
John Bogle, "The Twelve Pillars of [Financial] Wisdom"- Pillar 5: Diversify, Diversify, Diversify.
Shackleton

Re: Honoring Taylor's 30,000 posts!

Post by Shackleton »

30k posts doesn’t begin to tell the extent of your influence and helpfulness. Thank you so much for your contributions!!!
“Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results.” ~Ernest Shackleton
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I would agree. Words can't express my gratitude for all of the help and wisdom that Taylor has given me. I'll just summarize - Congrats! :beer

For new investors, the wiki has some background info: Taylor Larimore
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

Inspiration and mentorship through sincerity and pure intention.
Mahalo
j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

TAYLOR LARIMORE HITS 30,000 POSTS!!!

Post by abuss368 »

[Thread merged into here, see below. --admin LadyGeek]

Bogleheads -

I am starting this thread and writing this post with a lot of memories and happiness: TAYLOR LARIMORE HAS HIT 30,000 posts!!!

If we included the old Morningstar Diehards total it would be even higher.

Over the years Taylor has provided leadership, knowledge, and a wealth of wisdom not just in terms of financial and investing topics, but simply life to all Bogleheads!

Taylor walks the walk and talks the talk! We are all better investors and people for our own individual experiences with him.

It brings me great privilege and honor to say “Thank You Taylor for your tireless efforts, caring, leadership, and friendship”!

Here is to another 30,000 posts!

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
wreckinpa

Re: TAYLOR LARIMORE HITS 30,000 POSTS!!!

Post by wreckinpa »

Congratulations to Mr. Larimore and thank you for your wisdom, patience and dedication to the Boglehead community.

And, a huge thanks and shout out to abuss368 for bringing Taylor's accomplishments to the fore.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged abuss368's thread into the on-going discussion, then moved the combined thread into the Investing - Theory, News & General forum. For Taylor, one of our most respected members, I'd call this "news".
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Congrats, Taylor!
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

LadyGeek wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:04 pm I merged abuss368's thread into the on-going discussion, then moved the combined thread into the Investing - Theory, News & General forum. For Taylor, one of our most respected members, I'd call this "news".
Thanks LadyGeek!!!! :beer
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
cogitan

Post by cogitan »

Congratulations Taylor! Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
Fallible

Post by Fallible »

Miriam2 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 pm Congratulations Taylor on your 30,000 posts on the Bogleheads forum!
I was trying to find my favorite Taylor post, and of course, there are so many, but after he returned home from a recent hospital stay, Taylor posted this, echoing Mr. Bogle, about all that the Bogleheads mean to him :happy
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: “The most important things in life and in business can’t be measured. -- How can we possibly measure the qualities of human existence that give our lives and careers meaning? How about grace, kindness, and integrity? What value do we put on passion, devotion, and trust? How much do cheerfulness, the lilt of a human voice, and a touch of pride add to our lives? Tell me, please, if you can, how to value friendship, cooperation, dedication, and spirit."
Adding my congratulations and appreciation to Taylor for his 30,000 top-quality, stay-the-course posts! They are a perfect tribute to Jack's quote, especially the parts about "grace, kindness, and integrity" and that last line about valuing "friendship, cooperation, dedication, and spirit."

And thanks to Miriam 2 for choosing that quote.

:thumbsup
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

I would also like to add to the chorus of congratulatory notes to Taylor Larimore. He and this forum helped me in so many ways that I would have never learned about without him.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

livesoft wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm I would also like to add to the chorus of congratulatory notes to Taylor Larimore. He and this forum helped me in so many ways that I would have never learned about without him.
+1. Couldn’t have said it better. Taylor is a real gem.
burritoLover

Post by burritoLover »

Weird, I thought Taylor was a forum bot all this time.
"Your money is like a bar of soap. The more you handle it, the less you’ll have." - Gene Fama
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

I think 15,000 of Taylor's 30,000 posts were teasing me! :wink:
A fool and his money are good for business.
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

learned a lot from you Taylor! Look forward to your future posts.
It's "Stay" the course, not Stray the Course. Buy and Hold works. You should really try it sometime. Get a plan: www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Investment_policy_statement
book lover

Post by book lover »

Long live the King! Thank you Taylor for all you have done to help so many people.
Woodshark

Post by Woodshark »

Thank you Mr. Larimore. Words alone cannot express the depth of our gratitude for your many years of wisdom.
epictetus

Post by epictetus »

Congratulations Taylor!

And thank you.

Your kindness, helpfulness, and civility have been the model for this wonderful site.

We are all very indebted to you.
Focus on what you can control
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

Taylor is an officer and a gentleman. Thank you sir for your service to this country and to this forum.
Silence Dogood

Post by Silence Dogood »

30,000+ gems. Thank you, Taylor!
StevieG72

Post by StevieG72 »

The quality is more impressive than the quantity! I always read Taylor’s posts.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
prioritarian

Post by prioritarian »

I've been reading Taylor's pithy posts for many years as a lurker so congrats and thank you.
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

No small feat. Congrats! Only 5 people not named Livesoft or Ladygeek have ever accomplished this feat. Of course, they've both done it twice....

I can't even catch up to people who have left the forum.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
avecmoi

Post by avecmoi »

Thank you Taylor for helping my family through Bogleheads as well as your service to our country. May you receive reward for all that you have done for others both in this life and in the next. Stay safe [medical advice removed by admin LadyGeek].
Robot Monster

Post by Robot Monster »

Thank you for all you have done, Taylor!
AlwaysLearningMore

Post by AlwaysLearningMore »

Mr. Larimore, your contributions to the Bogleheads forum is legion (not to mention the Morningstar forum in its former incarnation).
Your co-authorship of the books The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing, The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning, and authorship of The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio: How a Simple Portfolio of Three Total Market Index Funds Outperforms Most Investors with Less Risk has helped bring the tools of index fund investing to so many investors.

Congratulations! :)
HermosaSurfer

Post by HermosaSurfer »

My mother and I thank you for your contributions to Bogleheads. Making it more educational and accessible with each post.
btq96r

Post by btq96r »

The 30k post count is just the public side of the forum. I'm sure Taylor has blessed more than a few members via PM conversations as well.
Beehave

Post by Beehave »

Socrates taught by asking questions. One such question was, "Is it better to live among good people or bad?" He wanted his fellow citizens to think about their responsibilities to improve not only themselves, but also their fellow-citizens and their community.

Taylor, your service to country, civilization, and freedom in World War 2, together with your sound guidance to so many Bogleheads and all the family members, friends, and co-workers they in turn influence in establishing financially stable lives and all the blessings that financial stability enables, provide us all with a shining example of living a life filled with meaning and value. Sincere thanks for all you have done and do to improve us all.
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

Taylor, thank you for your service to our country and to this forum. You have helped me tremendously and I know you've done the same for many thousands of others.

Get well and keep posting!