Yield Chasers Rejoice: Oil Stocks at 6.44% !!!

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Yield Chasers Rejoice: Oil Stocks at 6.44% !!!

Post by LadyGeek »

RickyGold wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 am " It's not as prolific oHaving fallen steadily since 1971, in line with [word is prohibited here by Forum rules, but concept advanced by M K H*bbert re world oil production] predictions. And then, suddenly, US oil production starts rising again (and is now pretty close to its all time peak?). That's fracking."

The words "Peak Oil" is not allowed to be spoken on Bogleheads forum? Why?
Because Peak Oil is a highly controversial topic that resulted in many contentious discussions. Several years ago, it was one of the entries in the Non-actionable (Trolling) Topics guidelines, but was later removed when Peak Oil was no longer discussed. Please refrain from broaching this topic.

If there are any further questions, please PM me. Don't post in the thread. Thanks.

(I removed a post attempting to answer RickyGold, but it's best left for a moderator.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
RickyGold

Re: Yield Chasers Rejoice: Oil Stocks at 6.44% !!!

Post by RickyGold »

LadyGeek wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 am
RickyGold wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 am " It's not as prolific oHaving fallen steadily since 1971, in line with [word is prohibited here by Forum rules, but concept advanced by M K H*bbert re world oil production] predictions. And then, suddenly, US oil production starts rising again (and is now pretty close to its all time peak?). That's fracking."

The words "Peak Oil" is not allowed to be spoken on Bogleheads forum? Why?
Because Peak Oil is a highly controversial topic that resulted in many contentious discussions. Several years ago, it was one of the entries in the Non-actionable (Trolling) Topics guidelines, but was later removed when Peak Oil was no longer discussed. Please refrain from broaching this topic.

If there are any further questions, please PM me. Don't post in the thread. Thanks.

(I removed a post attempting to answer RickyGold, but it's best left for a moderator.)
Thank you and I'm still learning the rules in this forum. Yes, I will IM any questions going forward...mea culpa!