Keesler FCU 1.4-1.5% MM acct. for 6 months for those who qualify

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
protagonist

Keesler FCU 1.4-1.5% MM acct. for 6 months for those who qualify

Post by protagonist »

For those that qualify for membership, Keesler FCU offers a "HIMMA Plus" MM acct., whose rates are set at 1% above their regular HIMMA acct. for a 6 month promotional period. Right now those rates are 1.4-1.5% APY depending on how much is deposited. New rates may be set , I believe, on Oct. 1.

The rate is guaranteed for new money only. However, I asked a rep, and after the 6 month period you could withdraw the funds, close the account. and then open up a new HIMMA Plus account after the 6 month period to once again get the promo. rate available at that time (supposedly indexed at 1% above the regular HIMMA rate).

https://www.kfcu.org/rates/

Keesler is available for residents of AL, MS and LA....whether or not you can enter via a "back door" is something you would need to inquire about.

They also often offer good CD rates. I believe they have a business MM acct. that gets around 2% APY but you have to have a business licensed in AL, MS or LA to qualify (or at least that is my understanding).