Is there any website that will let me see the performance of a basket of stocks?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Virus4762

Is there any website that will let me see the performance of a basket of stocks?

Post by Virus4762 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 pm

know that there are brokerages that let you create your own ETFs but I just want to be able to see the performance of multiple different baskets of stocks without having to invest any money. Say you have three baskets of stocks. Basket A, B, and C. basket A consists of AAPL, UNH, and MA; basket B consists of FB, AMD, and NVDA; and basket C consists of MCD, SBUX, and NKE. Is there a website that would show me the daily percentage increase or decrease of each individual basket?

asset_chaos

Re: Is there any website that will let me see the performance of a basket of stocks?

Post by asset_chaos » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:47 pm

If you make a free account at Morningstar, you can make multiple portfolios with whatever group of ticker symbols you like, and you'll be able to see the daily weighted average performance of each portfolio. There are probably similar abilities elsewhere.
Regards, | | Guy

oldzey

Re: Is there any website that will let me see the performance of a basket of stocks?

Post by oldzey » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm

You might try playing around on this site: https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=etf
"The broker said the stock was 'poised to move.' Silly me, I thought he meant up." ― Randy Thurman

Topic Author
Virus4762

Post by Virus4762 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:12 pm

asset_chaos wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:47 pm
If you make a free account at Morningstar, you can make multiple portfolios with whatever group of ticker symbols you like, and you'll be able to see the daily weighted average performance of each portfolio. There are probably similar abilities elsewhere.
Thanks man! Is there a way to add names by weight (just enter 10 different stocks with a 10% weighting each as opposed to having to adjust each individual stock price and quantity)?

asset_chaos

Post by asset_chaos » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Virus4762 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:12 pm
asset_chaos wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:47 pm
Thanks man! Is there a way to add names by weight (just enter 10 different stocks with a 10% weighting each as opposed to having to adjust each individual stock price and quantity)?
It's been a while since I've made a M* portfolio, but from memory the only way was entering shares and prices. But maybe they've added bells and whistles in the past few years.
Regards, | | Guy

CyclingDuo

Post by CyclingDuo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:38 am

Virus4762 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 pm
know that there are brokerages that let you create your own ETFs but I just want to be able to see the performance of multiple different baskets of stocks without having to invest any money. Say you have three baskets of stocks. Basket A, B, and C. basket A consists of AAPL, UNH, and MA; basket B consists of FB, AMD, and NVDA; and basket C consists of MCD, SBUX, and NKE. Is there a website that would show me the daily percentage increase or decrease of each individual basket?
You can do this at Yahoo Finance quite easily. Create your portfolios, weighting, purchase share price and date - and it will calculate the hypothetical returns thus far for you.
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." ~ Steven Wright