BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Post Reply
User avatar
Topic Author
VELO724X
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Plano, TX

BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by VELO724X »

BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 2019, held October 16-18, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel! I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks.

First up: a Fireside Chat between Bill McNabb, former Vanguard Chairman and CEO, and Bill Bernstein.

More to come!!

Bogleheads 2019 Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads/394820032

The Bogleheads Channel, which collects the proceedings from the past and current conferences, can be found here:
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads

Here, you will find the past Jack Bogle Keynotes, Q & A's, Panel of Experts discussions and other presentations from past Bogleheads Conferences from 2010 and now through 2019.

You will also find links to these proceedings in the Bogleheads Conferences section in the wiki under The Bogleheads®

Once again, heartfelt thanks to all the authors and experts who travel to this meeting every year to impart their wisdom. I'm especially grateful to Mel Lindauer and his wonderful group of organizers and volunteers for making this gathering possible. It's always wonderful seeing all my friends from reunions past and making new ones! Special thanks to the the hard-working photogs, Greg and Gene! I'm always grateful for the help of the Lady Geek! Wonderful to see Gail, Ed, Patty, the other Mel and everyone else!

You all make this conference the intellectual and inspirational highlight of my year! Thanks again!

Rich Guerra
VELO724X
User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 31126
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Thanks for the kind words, Rich. And thanks for all the great contributions you've made over the years, recording these events for those who couldn't attend and for future generations.

These videos are even more precious now that Jack is no longer with us.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
longinvest
Posts: 4433
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 am

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by longinvest »

Thanks.
Bogleheads investment philosophy | One-ETF global balanced index portfolio | VPW
kupuna
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 am
Location: San Diego/Maui

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by kupuna »

I also thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure helping to organize previous Bogleheads Conferences and wish the new Board of Directors success in the future. I look forward to what is planned for future conferences.

Mel (TOM, The Other Mel) Turner
"I can calculate the motions of the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people." Sir Isaac Newton
bigmoney
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by bigmoney »

VELO724X wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 am BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 2019, held October 16-18, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel! I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks.

First up: a Fireside Chat between Bill McNabb, former Vanguard Chairman and CEO, and Bill Bernstein.

More to come!!

Bogleheads 2019 Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads/394820032
Thank you for the videos! Are there any other videos available from the 2019 conference? Would be interesting to see them a year later, especially with no conference this year.
Last edited by bigmoney on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
whodidntante
Posts: 9117
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm
Location: outside the echo chamber

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by whodidntante »

bigmoney wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 pm
VELO724X wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 am BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 2019, held October 16-18, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel! I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks.

First up: a Fireside Chat between Bill McNabb, former Vanguard Chairman and CEO, and Bill Bernstein.

More to come!!

Bogleheads 2019 Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads/394820032
Thank you for the videos! Are there any other videos from the 2019 conference? Would be interesting to see them a year later, especially with no conference this year.
The answer you seek is in the text you quoted.
bigmoney
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by bigmoney »

whodidntante wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 pm
bigmoney wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 pm
VELO724X wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 am BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 2019, held October 16-18, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel! I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks.

First up: a Fireside Chat between Bill McNabb, former Vanguard Chairman and CEO, and Bill Bernstein.

More to come!!

Bogleheads 2019 Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads/394820032
Thank you for the videos! Are there any other videos from the 2019 conference? Would be interesting to see them a year later, especially with no conference this year.
The answer you seek is in the text you quoted.
Of the many talks during the conference last October, I only found one posted online. Can you explain where you found additional videos posted since March 2020?
User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 31126
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by Mel Lindauer »

bigmoney wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:36 am
whodidntante wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 pm
bigmoney wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 pm
VELO724X wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 am BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 2019, held October 16-18, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel! I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks.

First up: a Fireside Chat between Bill McNabb, former Vanguard Chairman and CEO, and Bill Bernstein.

More to come!!

Bogleheads 2019 Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads/394820032
Thank you for the videos! Are there any other videos from the 2019 conference? Would be interesting to see them a year later, especially with no conference this year.
The answer you seek is in the text you quoted.
Of the many talks during the conference last October, I only found one posted online. Can you explain where you found additional videos posted since March 2020?
Did you miss what he said: "I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks." and "More to come!!"?
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
bigmoney
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by bigmoney »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:15 pm
bigmoney wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:36 am
whodidntante wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 pm
bigmoney wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 pm
VELO724X wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 am BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 2019, held October 16-18, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel! I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks.

First up: a Fireside Chat between Bill McNabb, former Vanguard Chairman and CEO, and Bill Bernstein.

More to come!!

Bogleheads 2019 Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads/394820032
Thank you for the videos! Are there any other videos from the 2019 conference? Would be interesting to see them a year later, especially with no conference this year.
The answer you seek is in the text you quoted.
Of the many talks during the conference last October, I only found one posted online. Can you explain where you found additional videos posted since March 2020?
Did you miss what he said: "I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks." and "More to come!!"?
I saw the over following weeks message back in March 2020 and was wondering if there are any updates since that time. Thanks!
User avatar
Mel Lindauer
Moderator
Posts: 31126
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Contact:

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by Mel Lindauer »

bigmoney wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:03 pm
Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:15 pm
bigmoney wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:36 am
whodidntante wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 pm
bigmoney wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Thank you for the videos! Are there any other videos from the 2019 conference? Would be interesting to see them a year later, especially with no conference this year.
The answer you seek is in the text you quoted.
Of the many talks during the conference last October, I only found one posted online. Can you explain where you found additional videos posted since March 2020?
Did you miss what he said: "I'm working on the rest and hope to have them up over the following weeks." and "More to come!!"?
I saw the over following weeks message back in March 2020 and was wondering if there are any updates since that time. Thanks!
Folks need to remember that everyone here is a volunteer, as is our videographer. In his real life, he's a busy heart surgeon and a mentor to younger heart surgeons, so that's his first priority. While the videos are anxiously awaited, his patients come first. Patience.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
bigmoney
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Re: BOGLEHEADS 2019 VIDEOS

Post by bigmoney »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 am Folks need to remember that everyone here is a volunteer, as is our videographer. In his real life, he's a busy heart surgeon and a mentor to younger heart surgeons, so that's his first priority. While the videos are anxiously awaited, his patients come first. Patience.
Thanks for the update! Glad to know they are in still in the works. Our interest in the videos is a tribute to the value they provide and appreciation of the volunteer efforts undertaken to produce them.
Post Reply