2020 Bogleheads Conference and Survey

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Bogle Center

2020 Bogleheads Conference and Survey

Post by Bogle Center » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 am

We have some exciting news to share with you about the 2020 Bogleheads Conference. We heard loud and clear that while you love the conference, you’d like to see it evolve to include more content, more speakers, and more options. So we’re expanding the conference in 2020.

Here’s what we’re proposing for 2020:

Wednesday, October 7th: Bogleheads University—A new session on Wednesday afternoon that covers the basics of investing for beginners. This will be followed by the traditional wine and cheese reception for all attendees.

Thursday, October 8th: More options. Separate content tracks for retirees and accumulators. We’ll start with a general session in the morning featuring engaging speakers and content for all attendees. After lunch, we’ll offer two tracks: 1) for those near or in retirement, we’ll feature content specific to managing your assets in retirement, and 2) content for accumulators who are planning for financial independence in the future. We’ll end the day with our annual visit to Vanguard’s campus.

Friday, October 9th: Dual tracks continue. The first half of the morning will continue with separate content tracks for retirement and accumulation. The conference will wrap up Friday morning with a final general session.

Your input is requested:

We’d love to know what you think about this new structure for the Bogleheads Conference. We encourage you to share your thoughts through this survey. There are no obligations with the survey, we just want your feedback on the new format.

Once again, here is the Survey URL: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FLRJGVJ

Keep an eye out this spring for an announcement about how to register for the 2020 conference on the Bogleheads forum.

The Bogle Center Board
Last edited by Bogle Center on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic Author
Bogle Center

Re: 2020 Bogleheads Conference and Survey

Post by Bogle Center » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Bumped for more reads.

vasaver

Post by vasaver » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Would it be possible to have some of the conference on the weekend? During the week is great for retirees and professionals with a flexible schedule.

With the new "Bogleheads University" - it could target a younger audience that doesn't have the flexibility. Thanks!

dougger5

Post by dougger5 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:35 pm

vasaver wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Would it be possible to have some of the conference on the weekend? During the week is great for retirees and professionals with a flexible schedule.

With the new "Bogleheads University" - it could target a younger audience that doesn't have the flexibility. Thanks!
I agree. My comment for the survey was to try to incorporate it into the 2-day framework. A little less frictional that way for us worker bees :happy
"I've been ionized, but I'm okay now." -Buckaroo Banzai

Topic Author
Bogle Center

Post by Bogle Center » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:23 pm

vasaver wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Would it be possible to have some of the conferences on the weekend? During the week is great for retirees and professionals with a flexible schedule.

This is an idea the Board has discussed in detail and we would like to go over a weekend in the future. Unfortunately, the selected location for 2020 could not accommodate this request because the facility was booked every weekend in the fall.

The Bogle Board

gailcox

Post by gailcox » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:41 pm

bump to the top!

Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi:

The new Bogle Center board of directors: Board of Directors.

regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page affiliate blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; Wiki Bogleheads® España.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 pm

This thread is now a 'sticky' in the Investing - Theory, News & General forum. It will remain stuck at the top of the forum for 7 days.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Prudence

Post by Prudence » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm

Sounds ok. In the past, the registration process has been frustrating. If you need to keep the number of attendees limited, I am fine with that. Assuming the demand will be much greater than the supply, I would suggest that you announce in advance the exact date and time registration opens and then take the first 200 or whatever registrants (first come first served). Or, any suggested alternative that avoids the drama of the past.

Tjb

Post by Tjb » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 pm

I would love to attend this, Will be watching for the registration date.

Thanks

Topic Author
Bogle Center

Post by Bogle Center » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:07 am

Prudence wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm
Sounds ok. In the past, the registration process has been frustrating. If you need to keep the number of attendees limited, I am fine with that. Assuming the demand will be much greater than the supply, I would suggest that you announce in advance the exact date and time registration opens and then take the first 200 or whatever registrants (first come first served). Or, any suggested alternative that avoids the drama of the past.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on an automated registration process. Please take that survey and add this to other suggestions at the end.

Prudence

Post by Prudence » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 am

Perfect. Thanks!

Almost there

Post by Almost there » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:59 pm

Is the location a secret or will it again be in Philly?

fortyofforty

Post by fortyofforty » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm

Almost there wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:59 pm
Is the location a secret or will it again be in Philly?
The specific location is normally kept secret, but the general location will likely be within driving distance of Vanguard's headquarters.
Indexing works, not because of magic, but because of math. | Diligentia. Vis. Celeritas. - Jeff Cooper | Original Vanguard Diehard

neurosphere

Post by neurosphere » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Small OT suggestion. "Bogle Center" should consider a signature which explains what/who "Bogle Center" is, with perhaps a link to Bogle Center. :D
If you have to ask "Is a Target Date fund right for me?", the answer is "Yes".

White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Prudence wrote:
Word of wisdom:

I run a conference. We have 750 attendees this year. We did an automatic sign-up this year online whose date and time was widely broadcasted beforehand. It was 1/3 full in 7 minutes and completely full in less than 24 hours. My community is dramatically smaller than the Bogleheads (and I charge a lot more for the conference).

If you do it this way, you are simply rewarding luck and/or fast internet connections.

If you really want to keep it to 200 and you really don't want to raise the price, I'd suggest a lottery. Let people apply for a week, then randomly choose attendees.

But past attendees probably wouldn't appreciate that as they've been given preference in the past. Reminds me of a recent Planet Money episode about the four ways to get into the NYC marathon. Maybe you could give away 1/3 of the spots to prior attendees randomly and 1/3 to new attendees randomly and 1/3 to people who donate $500+ to the Bogle Center. Dunno.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course

index2max

Post by index2max » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 pm

White Coat Investor wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:04 pm
Prudence wrote:
Word of wisdom:

I run a conference. We have 750 attendees this year. We did an automatic sign-up this year online whose date and time was widely broadcasted beforehand. It was 1/3 full in 7 minutes and completely full in less than 24 hours. My community is dramatically smaller than the Bogleheads (and I charge a lot more for the conference).

If you do it this way, you are simply rewarding luck and/or fast internet connections.

If you really want to keep it to 200 and you really don't want to raise the price, I'd suggest a lottery. Let people apply for a week, then randomly choose attendees.

But past attendees probably wouldn't appreciate that as they've been given preference in the past. Reminds me of a recent Planet Money episode about the four ways to get into the NYC marathon. Maybe you could give away 1/3 of the spots to prior attendees randomly and 1/3 to new attendees randomly and 1/3 to people who donate $500+ to the Bogle Center. Dunno.
I like the lottery idea, especially if potential first-time attendees are given preference :D

I joined the boglehead fora a year ago, but didn't even know where exactly to look for the conference announcement from Mel.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 pm

index2max wrote: I like the lottery idea, especially if potential first-time attendees are given preference
My understanding is that even with the current registration system, approximately half of the Conference attendees each year are first-time attendees and the other half have been to a Conference before. In other words, about half each year are new-timers. Seems like pretty good odds with the current system as it is.

index2max

Post by index2max » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:03 am

Miriam2 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 pm
index2max wrote: I like the lottery idea, especially if potential first-time attendees are given preference
My understanding is that even with the current registration system, approximately half of the Conference attendees each year are first-time attendees and the other half have been to a Conference before. In other words, about half each year are new-timers. Seems like pretty good odds with the current system as it is.
Oh, ok. Good to know! I like that mix

Cubicle

Post by Cubicle » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:49 am

I like the proposed changes. I think it will have "something for everyone", which is good.

Both WCI & Miriam2 make excellent points. But 100% of a first come first serve is tough on people who can't get register in the few minutes of registration opening.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:37 am

Cubicle wrote: . . . 100% of a first come first serve is tough on people who can't get register in the few minutes of registration opening.
This was especially tough this past year in 2019 when the Conference Registration post went out in the somewhat early morning (either 8:47 or 9:47 a.m.) eastern time, which made it pretty difficult for west coast folks, not to mention our Hawaiians 8-) Usually the registration opens in the afternoon, eastern time, which accommodates just about everyone.

celia

Post by celia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 am

Bogle Center wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 am
.Friday, October 9th: Dual tracks continue. The first half of the morning will continue with separate content tracts for retirement and accumulation. The conference will wrap up Friday morning with a final general session.
I've never understood why conferences wrap up so early. Since people already paid for a hotel for Thursday night and likely won't leave until the evening, why does it end before 4 or 5pm? When we see this, we just go home Thursday night.

Yukon

Post by Yukon » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:35 am

White Coat Investor wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:04 pm
Prudence wrote:

Seems like the perfect solution.
Don't Work Forever.

hale2

Post by hale2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 am

Miriam2 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 pm
I haven't heard this. Not to be difficult, but where did you hear half are first time attendees?

I like the lottery idea. I've attended a conference before and really enjoyed it. At a minimum the same group of regulars shouldn't be able to attend every year. Maybe allow 2 or 3 years in a row, then take a year off before being eligible to attend again. It would give more people an opportunity to attend.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:29 am

hale2 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 am
I haven't heard this. Not to be difficult, but where did you hear half are first time attendees?
From a show of hands at the Bogleheads Conference. This question is asked to the audience every year. The amount varies, but about half of them raise their hands to say "I'm here for the first time."

I'm thinking it's less than half, but the estimate is not that far off. (The conference organizers have the actual statistics.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Bylo Selhi

Post by Bylo Selhi » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am

LadyGeek wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:29 am
hale2 wrote:
From a show of hands at the Bogleheads Conference. This question is asked to the audience every year. The amount varies, but about half of them raise their hands to say "I'm here for the first time."

I'm thinking it's less than half, but the estimate is not that far off. (The conference organizers have the actual statistics.)
I've attended several conferences going back to the second one. While I'd like to continue to keep coming back I believe it's very important to encourage first time attendees. They're going to get far more from their participation than I would.

That said, it's also important to maintain continuity by encouraging previous attendees to keep coming back, if not every year then perhaps every two or three years.

So perhaps the pool of available seats could be split into two groups, with one for first time attendees only. Or perhaps three groups, (1) first time, (2) attended more than one or two years ago and (3) everyone else.

dougger5

Post by dougger5 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 am

One issue I may have to address is the strategy for including one's spouse, i.e., IS there a strategy. I've attended the last 3 conferences solo, but DW has expressed interest in attending the next one along with me.

Is there a mechanism for doing this, or should I just plan on following up quickly with another registration assuming I have made it in before the sell-out?
"I've been ionized, but I'm okay now." -Buckaroo Banzai

dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:31 am

celia wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 am
Bogle Center wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 am
.Friday, October 9th: Dual tracks continue. The first half of the morning will continue with separate content tracts for retirement and accumulation. The conference will wrap up Friday morning with a final general session.
I've never understood why conferences wrap up so early. Since people already paid for a hotel for Thursday night and likely won't leave until the evening, why does it end before 4 or 5pm? When we see this, we just go home Thursday night.
Hotel event space is likely much cheaper (and more readily available) if event finishes by noon on a Friday. Friday evenings are peak times for various types of events that require a lot of advance setup and decorating (e.g., weddings, nonprofit galas, formal dances.) When I checked out of my room during a midmorning break at BH 2019, I passed by a hotel suite where a bride and her bridal party were already primping for the upcoming festivities (hairdos, makeup, etc.--and room service was delivering Mimosas!)

People who drive might prefer to get out of the city well before rush hour. I took the train from Upstate NY (with a change at NY Penn Station) and a noon departure allowed me to get home at a reasonable hour in the early evening as opposed to late at night. Folks with multiple leg connecting plane flights get home at a reasonable hour.

No finish time will work ideally for everyone, but for those who won't leave until Friday night, there's lot of fun stuff to see in Philadelphia area on a Friday afternoon in the fall!
Last edited by dodecahedron on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 am

Bylo Selhi wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am
LadyGeek wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:29 am
hale2 wrote:

I've attended several conferences going back to the second one. While I'd like to continue to keep coming back I believe it's very important to encourage first time attendees. They're going to get far more from their participation than I would.

That said, it's also important to maintain continuity by encouraging previous attendees to keep coming back.
I agree with this. I went for two years in a row and then deliberately took two years off to make room for others to attend. I went back last year, which was very special (due to tributes to Jack Bogle and memories shared by his family and longtime co-workers or I guess I should say fellow crew members) and will likely take some more time off before I go back again.

RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:22 am

Survey doesn’t work with Safari on iOS (no keyboard presented for entering ad hoc answers)

Does work on Chrome.
“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.” – Lao Tzu

digarei

Post by digarei » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:03 am

RubyTuesday wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:22 am
Survey doesn’t work with Safari on iOS (no keyboard presented for entering ad hoc answers)

Does work on Chrome.
Well, it kind-of works. It took me multiple tries and some fancy finger work to get the keyboard to pop up using an iPad Pro. Not sure what the problem was. Maybe the HTML/JavaScript page code isn’t compatible with iOS 13. Jumping to another open tab and then returning to the survey tab seemed to reset the glitch. I did this numerous times and finally completed the survey.
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.

digarei

Post by digarei » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 am

dodecahedron wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:31 am
Folks with multiple leg connecting plane flights get home at a reasonable hour.
Not if you live on the west coast.
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.

dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 am

digarei wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 am
dodecahedron wrote:
Folks with multiple leg connecting plane flights get home at a reasonable hour.
Not if you live on the west coast.
As I said immediately after the line you quoted above:
dodecahedron wrote:
No finish time will work ideally for everyone,
:D

Seriously, if I was coming from that far away, I would definitely be spending some time before and/or after the conference sightseeing in Philly and/or visiting friends or family on the eastern seaboard who live within an easy train ride of Philadelphia.

In any case, it is unclear that the OP's suggestion of a 5 pm Friday end would help west coast participants departing immediately after the close to get home at a more reasonable time.

Plus, if anyone wants to extend the conference experience, they could always reserve a room in a nearby restaurant and reconvene there for the afternoon, perhaps for a followup discussion.

Speaking of which, I have enjoyed some conversations with fellow BH attendees at the train station and/or on the train afterwards.

BoglesRazor

Post by BoglesRazor » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:28 pm

How much does the conference cost? Could you allow more attendees if we were able to find another larger venue? I’m sort of familiar with that area and may be able to help - I used to work in that area. Furthermore, I would like to attend as a new investor, but now I work out of state. However, I’m willing to take vacation days if necessary as I really want to learn and hopefully find a mentor also (I already requested that feature in the survey).

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:45 am

I have just completed the survey. Thank you, Organizers,

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

Hukedonfonix4me

Post by Hukedonfonix4me » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:27 am

Completed the survey. Thank you, Organizers!
"While some mutual fund founders chose to make billions, he chose to make a difference." | -The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:49 am

celia wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 am
It would mean another night in a hotel for many west coasters. My flight left around 5pm, as I recall, and there wouldn’t have been a later one to get me home.

Not saying that it is necessarily bad - some people might want to spend more time in the area anyway to do a bit of sightseeing. But I think it is pretty common for conferences to end at a time that enables most people to get on a flight that same day.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:37 pm

dougger5 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 am
One issue I may have to address is the strategy for including one's spouse, i.e., IS there a strategy. I've attended the last 3 conferences solo, but DW has expressed interest in attending the next one along with me.

Is there a mechanism for doing this, or should I just plan on following up quickly with another registration assuming I have made it in before the sell-out?
I, too, wonder about a strategy for spouses. Slightly different angle, though: my wife would probably be interested in coming with me to Philly, but I don’t think she would necessarily be interested in sitting through conference sessions. Instead, she might be interested in spending the time sightseeing in Philly or the area. It would be nice, though, if there was some sort of “+1” pass that would let registered +1s to attend the dinner/wine+cheese events. Maybe even the Vanguard side trip (I know my wife would love to see where her money lives). Not for free, but at a reduced cost and more importantly without taking away conference session spots from other Bogleheads.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:37 pm
dougger5 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 am

I, too, wonder about a strategy for spouses. Slightly different angle, though: my wife would probably be interested in coming with me to Philly, but I don’t think she would necessarily be interested in sitting through conference sessions. Instead, she might be interested in spending the time sightseeing in Philly or the area. It would be nice, though, if there was some sort of “+1” pass that would let registered +1s to attend the dinner/wine+cheese events. Maybe even the Vanguard side trip (I know my wife would love to see where her money lives). Not for free, but at a reduced cost and more importantly without taking away conference session spots from other Bogleheads.
Your idea to allow spouses to attend certain events won't work because the max fire/safety hotel room allowances are already being filled by the regular attendees.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

Yukon

Post by Yukon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:56 am

dodecahedron wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 am
I went for two years in a row and then deliberately took two years off to make room for others to attend. I went back last year, which was very special (due to tributes to Jack Bogle and memories shared by his family and longtime co-workers or I guess I should say fellow crew members) and will likely take some more time off before I go back again.
Do former attendees get an early link for registration? It baffles me that people can go so easily. I've checked bogleheads most days for a decade and I never have seen the link soon enough to register in time. I've even set up a google alert to alert me to conference notices. Do you have the browser up all day long? Can one subscribe to the yet to be established thread?
Don't Work Forever.

dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Yukon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:56 am
dodecahedron wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 am
I went for two years in a row and then deliberately took two years off to make room for others to attend. I went back last year, which was very special (due to tributes to Jack Bogle and memories shared by his family and longtime co-workers or I guess I should say fellow crew members) and will likely take some more time off before I go back again.
Do former attendees get an early link for registration? It baffles me that people can go so easily. I've checked bogleheads most days for a decade and I never have seen the link soon enough to register in time. I've even set up a google alert to alert me to conference notices. Do you have the browser up all day long? Can one subscribe to the yet to be established thread?
I believe in my second year (2016) I received an email with a (slightly) early signup link option. I think in my most recent year (2019), I might have gotten an email with a bit of advance notice that the general link was going to be posted on BH soon, but not sure about that.

MandyT

Post by MandyT » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:22 pm

I posted this about two years ago.
MandyT wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 pm
I'd like to (very respectfully, I hope) point out two things that went somewhat awry with last year's announcement.

(1) For months, it had been "known" that the announcement would be made on April 5, but it ended up being made on April 2. While I sort-of understand what happened, this had a negative effect on some people who are good planners but had not been expecting the announcement yet.

(2) The announcement was made on the Investing Theory forum but not (initially) on the Bogleheads Community forum. I humbly request that, if the announcement is made on some other forum, it be mirrored at the same time in the Bogleheads Community forum.

Thanks!
This survey deals with content, so I infer that the organizers feel that they have a successful model for announcing the conference and making registration available. Sadly, I'm pretty sure this means I am never going to get to go.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm

Yukon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:56 am
I went in 2018. I check Bogleheads most days, often more than once, usually in the morning. I didn’t know what day the announcement would be posted. I had actually not made any plans to go. Once I saw it, I quickly decided that the dates would work for me and I grabbed a spot. Then I started shopping for airfare...
MandyT wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:22 pm
I posted this about two years ago.
MandyT wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 pm

(2) The announcement was made on the Investing Theory forum but not (initially) on the Bogleheads Community forum. I humbly request that, if the announcement is made on some other forum, it be mirrored at the same time in the Bogleheads Community forum.

Thanks!
Personally, I always start my visits on the index page and scan for interesting threads across all forums. I basically don’t really care or pay attention to the forum structure.

https://www.bogleheads.org/index.php

MandyT

Post by MandyT » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:46 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm
Personally, I always start my visits on the index page and scan for interesting threads across all forums. I basically don’t really care or pay attention to the forum structure.

https://www.bogleheads.org/index.php
I tend to use the index page, too. My usual practice is to read topics chronologically, and I'm usually one or two days behind, which means that the conference is always sold out by the time I get to its thread.

A couple of times I've put a note on my calendar for the day there was supposed to be an announcement, but registration opened either earlier or later than it was supposed to. Finally, I gave up.

The "which forum" thing is mainly a pet peeve of mine.

Retired4Now

Post by Retired4Now » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Can the conference be Livestreamed?

ReformedSpender

Post by ReformedSpender » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:02 am

May you provide an ETA or date range as to when registration may be available for this years conference?

:beer
Market history shows that when there's economic blue sky, future returns are low, and when the economy is on the skids, future returns are high. The best fishing is done in the most stormy waters.

WWJBDo

Post by WWJBDo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:09 am

In my field, online attendance is skyrocketing with a lower registration fee than in-person attendance. Those who pay for the virtual meeting can access the meeting contents for some period of time- used to be a month, then 3 months and now a year) so that even those who attend are buying the virtual meeting.
Yes, setup requires equipment for streaming and recording the conference, but the extra revenue more than offsets the cost.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

Retired4Now wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm
Can the conference be Livestreamed?
How are they going to pay for it?

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:23 am

Please hold the annual conference on the west coast.

fatFIRE

Post by fatFIRE » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:34 pm

When does registration open?