Page 1 of 1

How to Understand Mutual Fund Information Expense Ratio

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:33 pm
by GreyGnome
Hello again,
My second post! Y'all were so helpful the first time around.

I would like to know if the return percentages shown on website mutual fund information are before or after expenses- for example, if the website says the YTD return was 9.05%, is that before or after expenses?

At this website: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BAGIX?p=BAGIX (on this date), the YTD return is given as 9.50%. The ER is given as 0.30%. So would my total return be 9.20%, or is it 9.50% (which would be 9.80% before expenses).

Thanks.

Re: How to Understand Mutual Fund Information Expense Ratio

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 pm
by MitchL
Mutual fund returns are reported after expenses have been deducted.