Has the Thrift Savings Plan's I-Fund Changed to It's New Index?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Federal Agent

Has the Thrift Savings Plan's I-Fund Changed to It's New Index?

Post by Federal Agent »

I've read that the TSP (Thrift Savings Plan) I Fund was to change from the MSCI EAFE Index to the "All World/All Cap" index sometime this year.

Does anyone know whether this occurred? And if it hasn't, will if occur before the end of 2019?
nps

Re: Has the Thrift Savings Plan's I-Fund Changed to It's New Index?

Post by nps »

In 2020 (if politics don't get in the way)
Topic Author
Federal Agent

Post by Federal Agent »

It's a shame the Thrift Board didn't reconstitute it this year as they promised.....
MnD

Post by MnD »

The move to the new I-fund index is tied to the contract award of multiple fund managers for all TSP funds.
Now that the TSP withdrawal modernization project is complete I'd expect news soon on that award.
The RFP closed in July so stay tuned for news on the I fund this in conjunction with the award of multiple fund managers.

Folks interested in full indexing have presumably established emerging market and small cap ex-US funds in other accounts for years/decades.
70/30 AA for life, Global market cap equity. Rebalance if fixed income <25% or >35%. Weighted ER< .10%. 5% of annual portfolio balance SWR, Proportional (to AA) withdrawals.