Wall Street Journal Reporter Wants to Interview Members

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
jbranx

Wall Street Journal Reporter Wants to Interview Members

Post by jbranx » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Laura Sanders at the Wall Street Journal wants to interview members on the topic below. She has worked with Mel on many occasions here. Since he is traveling, I'm posting her request and contact. She has also identified certain members that she notes have posted on the topic below. I will PM each of you as well.

A reporter for a national publication hopes to speak with people about marriage and taxes--especially people who are in committed relationships but who aren't married for tax reasons. Also, she would like to speak with people who are approaching marriage and thinking about taxes. Deadline: Sunday, July 14, 10 pm. Pls. contact Laura.Saunders@wsj.com.

Mel Lindauer

Re: Wall Street Journal Reporter Wants to Interview Members

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Bump for visibility
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

Walkure

Post by Walkure » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 pm

This topic recently started up on the subject of a marriage penalty in the new SALT limitation, perhaps some of the folks posting there would be interested in being interviewed:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=285306

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Walkure wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 pm
This topic recently started up on the subject of a marriage penalty in the new SALT limitation, perhaps some of the folks posting there would be interested in being interviewed:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=285306

Thanks for the suggestion Laura did see that thread and those folks are being contacted directly via PM to see if they're interested in being interviewed. The invitation is also open to others who didn't participate in that thread.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:19 pm

jbranx wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:40 pm
Laura Sanders at the Wall Street Journal wants to interview members on the topic below. She has worked with Mel on many occasions here. Since he is traveling, I'm posting her request and contact. She has also identified certain members that she notes have posted on the topic below. I will PM each of you as well.

A reporter for a national publication hopes to speak with people about marriage and taxes--especially people who are in committed relationships but who aren't married for tax reasons. Also, she would like to speak with people who are approaching marriage and thinking about taxes. Deadline: Sunday, July 14, 10 pm. Pls. contact Laura.Saunders@wsj.com.
Thanks for taking care of that, jbranx. I was talking to Laura on my headset while doing 75 on I95. I'm off the road and in for the night, so I can try to catch up on things.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Bump for visibility. If you fit the profile and would like to be interviewed for the story, contact Laura promptly.